- Documented completion of a general surgery residency program accredited by either the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Successful completion of the USMLE Steps 1 - 3
- Board-eligible in general surgery
Submit your application through the universal application form ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service), hosted by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
Submit the following documents to ERAS:
- Application form
- Medical transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Wallet size photo (optional)
- ECFMG status report (for foreign medical graduate only)
- USMLE transcripts
- Dean's letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
Register with the National Residency Matching Program. The Universal Thoracic Application is available on the NRMP site.