The University of Utah is currently creating a Surgical Education Research Fellowship (SERF) program.
- To train scholars in the field of simulation-based surgical education and training.
- To ensure that fellows possess the requisite knowledge and skills to serve as local and national resources in the field of simulation-based surgical education and training.
- To ensure the development of surgeons with a thorough understanding and knowledge in education theory in simulation and practice.
- To train fellows to serve as future leaders of simulation centers and to run an accredited education institute.
- To enable fellows through the use of their own resources to enhance the efficacy of their own programs.
- To have fellows develop expertise in simulation-based surgical education and training activities.
- To ensure fellows are trained in developing and implementing major research and development projects involving simulation-based surgical education and training, including the management of research grants.