Performance Voice Conference 2018
Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018
8:15am-5:15pm (registration begins at 7:30am)
Location: Eccles Broadcast Center
Early registration ends March 31st, 2018
In celebration of World Voice Day, University of Utah Health Care presents the Performance Voice Conference. We invite physicians, otolaryngologists, speech language pathologists, vocal coaches, voice instructors, faculty and students to join us for a day of instruction and collaboration with nationally and internationally acclaimed voice professionals.
Our partners include:
- University of Utah Voice Disorders Center,
- National Center for Voice & Speech,
- University of Utah Communication Sciences and Disorders
- University of Utah Theatre Department,
- Utah State University Communication Sciences & Disorders Department,
- and Brigham Young University's Communication Sciences & Disorders Department.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and describe which and how some medications may affect the voice.
- Identify and describe the scientific and clinical perspectives on the contribution of hydration and voice rest on voice function and recovery from injury.
- Identify and describe optimal clinical and pedagogical approaches for working with an injured singer.
- Identify and describe the normal spectral energies of the voice across registers.
For any questions related to exhibitor registration for this conference please contact Julie Barkmeier-Kraemer at JulieB.Kraemer@hsc.utah.edu or at 801-585-7143.
This program is offered for up to 0.75 CEUs (intermediate level, professional area).