Dr. Brock O’Neil, MD is a contributing author to an important new publication in the Journal of Clinical Oncology... Read MoreSurgery
Salary & Benefits
University of Utah Paid Benefits
The following stipend schedule has been approved for the house staff year 2020–2021:
|Level of Training||Stipend|
The following trainee benefits are expected to be:
- Three weeks (15 working days) of paid annual vacation, and one week (5 working days) of paid annual personal/professional development time which must be scheduled with the approval of the Program Director. Both vacation and personal/professional development time is non-accruing.
- Choice of health insurance plans, including hospitalization coverage – premium costs are shared between the Hospital and the trainee for health coverage for the trainee and family.
- Group dental insurance for trainee and family at a nominal charge per month.
- Group term life insurance up to the salary amount but not to exceed $25,000 at no charge. Additional life insurance may be purchased by the trainee.
- Disability insurance for specialty-specific occupation with benefit equal to approximately 66.6% of monthly earnings up to $3,000/month (less benefits from other sources) and built-in cost-of-living rider. Basic policy paid by Hospital. Additional individual coverage may be purchased by the trainee.
- Malpractice insurance is provided by the hospital for professional activities that are an approved part of the training program.
- Utah Medical Association (UMA) membership provided for all trainees. Membership includes financial counseling and other benefits.
- Other benefits, such as reduced tuition, bookstore discount, and others as offered to all University employees.
Now accepting Fellowship applications... Read MoreSurgery
The University of Utah residents, fellows, and faculty published 114 pub med indexed manuscripts in 2020.... Read MoreSurgery
Dr. Catherine deVries received the Urology Care Foundation Humanitarian Award for her visionary work in global surgery and founding of the International Volunteers in Urology (IVUMed). She continues her work with the Center for Global Surgery and in many other national and international roles. ... Read MoreSurgery
New Genitourinary Fellowship... Read MoreSurgery
Congratulations to PGY 4, Dr. Suzanne Lange... Read MoreSurgery