Philip A. Kithas, PhD, MD
- Departments: Family and Preventive Medicine - Adjunct Associate Professor, Internal Medicine - Associate Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Family Medicine, Geriatrics
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Academic Office Information
VA - Building #2
VA Salt Lake City GRECC 182
500 S Foothill Dr
Salt Lake City, UT 84148
|Chief Resident||University of Utah School of Medicine
||Chief Medical Resident|
|Residency||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Professional Medical||University of South Alabama
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||University of South Alabama
|Doctoral Training||University of South Alabama College
|Undergraduate||University of South Alabama
|Undergraduate||University of Utah
- Central and peripheral contributors to skeletal muscle hyperemia: response to passive limb movement.McDaniel J, Fjeldstad AS, Ives S, Hayman M, Kithas P, Richardson RS (2010). Central and peripheral contributors to skeletal muscle hyperemia: response to passive limb movement. J Appl Physiol (1985), 108(1), 76-84.
- Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide decrease vascular stiffness and blood pressure in geriatric hypertension.Kithas PA, Supiano MA (2010). Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide decrease vascular stiffness and blood pressure in geriatric hypertension. J Am Geriatr Soc, 58(7), 1327-32.
- Hypertension and chronic kidney disease in the elderly.Kithas PA, Supiano MA (2010). Hypertension and chronic kidney disease in the elderly. Adv Chronic Kidney Dis, 17(4), 341-7.
- Hypertension in the geriatric population: a patient-centered approach.Kithas PA, Supiano MA (2015). Hypertension in the geriatric population: a patient-centered approach. [Review]. Med Clin North Am, 99(2), 379-89.
- Practical recommendations for treatment of hypertension in older patients.Kithas PA, Supiano MA (2010). Practical recommendations for treatment of hypertension in older patients. [Review]. Vasc Health Risk Manag, 6, 561-9.
- Hicken B, Dixon L, Kithas PA, Bair B (2009). Collaborative dementia treatment monitoring program in home based primary care [Abstract]. The Gerontologist, 2009(49), suppl 2.
- Kithas PA, Supiano MA (2009). Spironolactone is as effective as HCTZ in geriatric hypertension [Abstract]. J Am Ger Soci, 57(4), S106.