Welcome to OHEDI!
The mission of OHEDI is to create an environment of inclusion and respect, actively recruit and fully foster the development of a physician and scientist workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
- To lead efforts for cultural awareness and embrace and welcome cultural differences in the School of Medicine and the Utah community
- To maintain educational continuum through medical school
- To support partnerships within the School of Medicine and the entire Utah community
- To create sustainable educational and health partnerships throughout the entire Utah community.
- To embrace all medical students' volunteer efforts to serve the Utah community
Indigenous Land Acknowledgement
The University of Utah has both historical and contemporary relationships with Indigenous peoples. Given that the Salt Lake Valley has always been a gathering place for Indigenous peoples, we acknowledge that this land, which is named for the Ute Tribe, is the traditional and ancestral homelands of the Shoshone, Paiute, Goshute, and Ute Tribes and is a crossroad for Indigenous peoples. The University of Utah recognizes the enduring relationships between many Indigenous peoples and their traditional homelands. We are grateful for the territory upon which we gather today; we respect Utah’s Indigenous peoples, the original stewards of this land; and we value the sovereign relationships that exist between tribal governments, state governments, and the federal government. Today, approximately 60,000 American Indian and Alaska Native peoples live in Utah. As a state institution, the University of Utah is committed to serving Native communities throughout Utah in partnership with Native Nations and our Urban Indian communities through research, education, and community outreach activities.
Connect With Us
Drop by for snacks, coffee, coloring, printing, and more!
Diversity Lounge - Room 101
School of Medicine, Building 379
27 S Mario Cappechi Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84132