Lee Ellington, PhD
- Expression of Emotion in Medical Settings
- Provider/Client Communication
- Cancer Clinical Genetics Communication
- Clinical Health Psychology
- Departments: Nursing - Associate Professor
- Divisions: Acute and Chronic Care
- Cancer Center Programs: Cancer Control & Population Sciences
Academic Office Information
College of Nursing
10 South 2000 East, Room: 545
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
|Fellowship||University of Utah Department of Family and Preventive Medicine and University Counseling Center
Family and Preventive Medicine
|Doctoral Training||University of Utah
|Internship||Veteran's Administration Medical Center
|Graduate Training||University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
|Undergraduate||University of Cincinnati
- Ellington L, Reblin M, Berry P, Giese-Davis J, Clayton MF (2013). Reflective research: supporting researchers engaged in analyzing end-of-life communication. Patient Educ Couns, 91(1), 126-8.
- Bellury L, Ellington L, Beck SL, Pett MA, Clark J, Stein K (2013). Older breast cancer survivors: can interaction analyses identify vulnerable subgroups? A report from the American Cancer Society Studies of Cancer Survivors. Oncol Nurs Forum, 40(4), 325-36.
- Ellington L, Cloyes K, Berry P, Thomas NT, Reblin M, Clayton MF (2013). Complexities for hospice nurses in supporting family caregivers: opinions from U.S. thought leaders. J Palliat Med, 16(9), 1013-9.
- Ellington L, Reblin M, Clayton MF, Berry P, Mooney K (2012). Hospice nurse communication with patients with cancer and their family caregivers. J Palliat Med, 15(3), 262-8.
- Bellury L, Pett MA, Ellington L, Beck SL, Clark JC, Stein KD (2012). The effect of aging and cancer on the symptom experience and physical function of elderly breast cancer survivors. Cancer, 118(24), 6171-8.
- Ponto JA, Ellington L, Mellon S, Beck SL (2010). Predictors of adjustment and growth in women with recurrent ovarian cancer. Oncol Nurs Forum, 37(3), 357-64.
- Sheldon LK, Ellington L, Barrett R, Dudley WN, Clayton MF, Rinaldi K (2009). Nurse responsiveness to cancer patient expressions of emotion. Patient Educ Couns, 76(1), 63-70.
- Wujcik D, Shyr Y, Li M, Clayton MF, Ellington L, Menon U, Mooney K (2009). Delay in diagnostic testing after abnormal mammography in low-income women. Oncol Nurs Forum, 36(6), 709-15.
- Bellury LM, Ellington L, Beck SL, Stein K, Pett M, Clark J (2011). Elderly cancer survivorship: an integrative review and conceptual framework. [Review]. Eur J Oncol Nurs, 15(3), 233-42.
- Quillin JM, Tracy K, Ancker JS, Mustian KM, Ellington L, Viswanath V, Miller SM (2009). Health care system approaches for cancer patient communication. [Review]. J Health Commun, 14 Suppl 1, 85-94.