Anne C. Kirchhoff, PhD, MPH
- Late Effects
- Cancer Survivorship
- Childhood Cancer
- Departments: Nursing - Adjunct Instructor, Pediatrics - Assistant Professor, Population Health Sciences - Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Divisions: Health System Innovation and Research, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Cancer Center Programs: Cancer Control & Population Sciences
Anne C. Kirchhoff, PhD, MPH recently joined the University of Utah as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and as an Investigator at the Huntsman Cancer Institute in the Cancer Control and Population Sciences Research Program. Anne completed a post-doctoral fellowship in Biobehavioral Cancer Prevention and Control at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA from 2010-2011. Her research focuses on how late effects from cancer treatment impact socioeconomic outcomes for survivors. Anne has worked on several projects using data from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study to investigate the employment status of long-term survivors of childhood cancer. Anne’s research interests also include using large, population-based surveys to examine socioeconomic outcomes of cancer survivors. She has authored several publications examining late effects, employment and health insurance coverage after cancer. Anne completed her doctoral degree in the Department of Health Services at the University of Washington School of Public Health, where she was funded by the National Cancer Institute’s R25 Education and Career Development Program. She also received her MPH in Health Education and Behavioral Science from the School of Public Health at Saint Louis University.
|Research Fellow||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Biobehavioral Cancer Prevention and Control NCI R25 Training Program
|Doctoral Training||University of Washington School of Public Health
|Graduate Training||Saint Louis University School of Public Health
Behavioral Science/Health Education
|Internship||Association of Schools of Public Health
Summer Internship Program Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Anthropology and Psychology
- Ramsey S, Blough D, Kirchhoff A, Kreizenbeck K, Fedorenko C, Snell K, Newcomb P, Hollingworth W, Overstreet K (2013). Washington State cancer patients found to be at greater risk for bankruptcy than people without a cancer diagnosis. Health Aff (Millwood), 32(6), 1143-52.
- Mangum DS, Verma A, Weng C, Sheng X, Larsen R, Kirchhoff AC, Druzgal C, Fluchel M (2013). A comparison of central lines in pediatric oncology patients: Early removal and patient centered outcomes. Pediatr Blood Cancer, 60(11), 1890-5.
- Kirchhoff AC, Yi J, Wright J, Warner EL, Smith KR (2012). Marriage and divorce among young adult cancer survivors. J Cancer Surviv, 6(4), 441-50.
- Kirchhoff AC, Lyles CR, Fluchel M, Wright J, Leisenring W (2012). Limitations in health care access and utilization among long-term survivors of adolescent and young adult cancer. Cancer, 118(23), 5964-72.
- Park ER, Kirchhoff AC, Zallen JP, Weissman JS, Pajolek H, Mertens AC, Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Donelan K, Recklitis CJ, Diller LR, Kuhlthau KA (2012). Childhood Cancer Survivor Study participants' perceptions and knowledge of health insurance coverage: implications for the Affordable Care Act. J Cancer Surviv, 6(3), 251-9.
- Kirchhoff AC, Krull KR, Ness KK, Armstrong GT, Park ER, Stovall M, Robison LL, Leisenring W (2011). Physical, mental, and neurocognitive status and employment outcomes in the childhood cancer survivor study cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 20(9), 1838-49.
- Kirchhoff AC, Krull KR, Ness KK, Park ER, Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Stovall M, Robison LL, Wickizer T, Leisenring W (2011). Occupational outcomes of adult childhood cancer survivors: A report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Cancer, 117(13), 3033-44.
- Kirchhoff AC, Leisenring W, Syrjala KL (2010). Prospective predictors of return to work in the 5 years after hematopoietic cell transplantation. J Cancer Surviv, 4(1), 33-44.
- Kirchhoff AC, Leisenring W, Krull KR, Ness KK, Friedman DL, Armstrong GT, Stovall M, Park ER, Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Robison LL, Wickizer T (2010). Unemployment among adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Med Care, 48(11), 1015-25.