Financial Aid Checklist
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1st.
- The FAFSA will require 2015 tax information. It may be helpful to have the applicant's and/or spouse's US Income Tax Form on hand as a reference.
- Review Student Aid Report from the Federal Processor and submit any changes/corrections as soon as possible.
- Complete the Supplemental Application for Institutional Scholarships and Loans by March 15th.
- Check to see if your file has been selected for Verification by accessing the Campus Information System (this will usually take place around the first week of March). If your file is selected you will be required to submit a 2017-18 Independent Verification form (IVFI17) and update your tax information on the FAFSA through the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) if you have not already done so. Your financial aid file will not be packaged with awards until you have completed the verification process.
- Once your financial aid status is complete, view and complete your Financial Aid Notification (Award Letter).
- Request a Dependent Care Appeal Form if you want to increase your cost of attendance to cover any additional child care expenses, from the Financial Aid Office on main campus. You must submit this request to the Program Manager for Professional Schools.
- Complete an Online Student Loan Entrance Counseling (for the Federal Direct Stafford Loan).
- Complete a Master Promissory Note for, Direct Stafford subsidized and/or unsubsidized loans and Graduate PLUS loan online at StudentLoans.gov.
- Maintain a copy of all documents for your personal file.
Contact the following with any questions:
Wendy Clark, Financial Aid Administrator
University of Utah School of Medicine
30 N. 1900 E., Rm. 1C255
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
Shana Yem, Program Manager Professional Schools
University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
University of Utah
201 S. 1460 E., Rm. 105
Salt Lake City, UT 84112