The Department of Neurology at the University of Utah is committed to the conquest of neurological disease through specialized patient care, innovative research and the education of tomorrow's physicians. Our department provides comprehensive primary and tertiary neurologic care, as well as both inpatient and outpatient neurologic consultation.
Meet the Chair
Stefan Pulst, MD
- Rodolfo Savica launched a new clinic, which will focus on Dementia with Lewy Bodies and Parkinson's disease with dementia.
- David Renner led a university delegation, hosted by Michael L. Hardman to Kumasi, Ghana in October, whereby the University of Utah established formal agreements with the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology that will allow for ease of collaboration across nearly all clinical medicine specialties. The Delegation also celebrated the opening of the first dedicated stroke unit in the country with Dr. Stephen Sarfo.
- KC Brennan received word of two NIH funded grants:
1. R01 (NINDS) NS085413: Sensory Plasticity in migraine.
2. E21 (NINDS) NS083010: Tools for migraine drug development.
- Stefan Pulst was recently awarded an R56 grant: SCA2: Gene and gene product.
- Jennifer Majersik is pleased to announce that they have received Notice of Award to be a Regonial Coordinating Center for the new NINDS Stroke Trials Network. Go Stroke team!
- Stefan Pulst won the AAN Cotzias Award, on of the most prestigious awards for neuroscience given by AAN. He will give a lecture at the Presidential Plenary on April 29,2014.