University of Colorado Denver
Kansas State University
University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Calloway EE, Anderson Steeves E, Nitto AM, Hill JL (2023). A Mixed-Methods Study of Perceived Implementation Challenges for Online Ordering and Transactions with the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). J Acad Nutr Diet.
- Kidwell KM, James TD, Brock RL, Lazarus Yaroch A, Hill JL, Mize Nelson J, Alex Mason W, Andrews Espy K, Nelson TD (2023). Preschool Executive Control, Temperament, and Adolescent Dietary Behaviors. Ann Behav Med, 57(3), 260-268.
- Almeida FA, You W, Brito FA, Alves TF, Goessl C, Wall SS, Seidel RW, Davy BM, Greenawald MH, Hill JL, Estabrooks PA (2023). A randomized controlled trial to test the effectiveness of two technology-enhanced diabetes prevention programs in primary care: The DiaBEAT-it study. Front Public Health, 11, 1000162.
- Hill JL, Calloway EE, Nitto AM, Anderson-Steeves E (2023). Application of a Delphi technique to identify the challenges for adoption, implementation, and maintenance of WIC online ordering across various systems and stakeholders . Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition.
- Nitto AM, Calloway EE, Anderson Steeves ET, Wieczorek Basl A, Papa F, Kersten SK, Hill JL (2022). State Agencies' Perspectives on Planning and Preparing for WIC Online Ordering Implementation. Nutrients, 14(21).
- Tomaso CC, Yaroch AL, Hill JL, Jackson T, Nelson JM, James T, Mason WA, Espy KA, Nelson TD (2022). The roles of sleep and executive function in adolescent nighttime eating. Eat Behav, 46, 101657.
- Golden CA, Heelan KA, Hill JL, Bartee RT, Abbey BM, Estabrooks PA (2021). Qualitative Comparative Analysis of Program and Participant Factors That Explain Success in a Micropolitan Pediatric Weight Management Intervention. Child Obes, 18(5), 324-332.
- Lee RE, Szeszulski J, Lorenzo E, Arriola A, Bruening M, Estabrooks PA, Hill JL, OConnor TM, Shaibi GQ, Soltero EG, Todd M (2022). Sustainability via Active Garden Education: The Sustainability Action Plan Model and Process. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 19(9).
- Michaud TL, Hill JL, Heelan KA, Bartee RT, Abbey BM, Malmkar A, Masker J, Golden C, Porter G, Glasgow RE, Estabrooks PA (2022). Understanding implementation costs of a pediatric weight management intervention: an economic evaluation protocol. Implement Sci Commun, 3(1), 37.
- Zoellner JM, You W, Hill JL, Brock DP, Yuhas M, Price B, Wilson J, Montague DR, Estabrooks PA (2021). Comparing two different family-based childhood obesity treatment programmes in a medically underserved region: Effectiveness, engagement and implementation outcomes from a randomized controlled trial. Pediatr Obes, 17(1), e12840.
- Helmick M, Yaroch AL, Estabrooks PA, Parks C, Hill JL (2020). A Thematic Analysis on the Implementation of Nutrition Policies at Food Pantries Using the RE-AIM Framework. Health Promot Pract, 22(6), 899-910.
- Dai H, Ramos AK, Faseru B, Hill JL, Sussman SY (2021). Racial Disparities of E-Cigarette Use Among US Youths: 2014‒2019. Am J Public Health, 111(11), 2050-2058.
- Porter G, Michaud TL, Schwab RJ, Hill JL, Estabrooks PA (2021). Reach Outcomes and Costs of Different Physician Referral Strategies for a Weight Management Program Among Rural Primary Care Patients: Type 3 Hybrid Effectiveness-Implementation Trial. JMIR Form Res, 5(10), e28622.
- Heelan KA, Abbey BM, Bartee RT, Estabrooks PA, Malmkar A, Jacobs T, Hill JL (2021). Packaging of a Pediatric Weight Management Intervention and Implementation Blueprint for Rural and Micropolitan Communities: The Nebraska CORD 3.0 Project. Child Obes, 17(S1), S62-S69.
- Hill JL, Heelan KA, Bartee RT, Wichman C, Michaud T, Abbey BM, Porter G, Golden C, Estabrooks PA (2021). A Type III Hybrid Effectiveness-Implementation Pilot Trial Testing Dissemination and Implementation Strategies for a Pediatric Weight Management Intervention: The Nebraska Childhood Obesity Research Demonstration Project. Child Obes, 17(S1), S70-S78.
- Porter GC, Schwab R, Hill JL, Bartee T, Heelan KA, Michaud TL, Estabrooks PA (2021). Examining the feasibility and characteristics of realistic weight management support for patients: Focus groups with rural, micropolitan, and metropolitan primary care providers. Prev Med Rep, 23, 101390.
- Szeszulski J, Lorenzo E, OConnor T, Hill JL, Shaibi GQ, Buman MP, Vega-Lpez S, Hooker SP, Lee RE (2020). Exploring Correlates of Preschool-Aged Children's Locomotor Skills: Individual and Parent Demographics and Home Environment. Percept Mot Skills, 128(2), 649-671.
- Geary CR, Hill JL, Eilers J, Leon M, Ordway J, McClay J, Anderson C, Beacom M, Jackson RA, Oleynikov D, Estabrooks PA (2021). Use of Comprehensive Participatory Planning and Evaluation in Rural Patient Engagement. West J Nurs Res, 43, 193945921994915.
- Brock DP, Estabrooks PA, Yuhas M, Wilson JA, Montague D, Price BE, Elliott K, Hill JL, Zoellner JM (2021). Assets and Challenges to Recruiting and Engaging Families in a Childhood Obesity Treatment Research Trial: Insights From Academic Partners, Community Partners, and Study Participants. Front Public Health, 9, 631749.
- Golden CA, Hill JL, Heelan KA, Bartee RT, Abbey BM, Malmkar A, Estabrooks PA (2021). A Dissemination Strategy to Identify Communities Ready to Implement a Pediatric Weight Management Intervention in Medically Underserved Areas. Prev Chronic Dis, 18, E10.
- Michaud TL, Hill JL, Estabrooks PA, Su D (2021). Cost analysis of a remote patient monitoring programme for post-discharge patients with type 2 diabetes. J Telemed Telecare, 1357633X20985393.
- Alexander R, Estabrooks P, Brock DP, Hill JL, Whitt-Glover MC, Zoellner J (2019). Capacity Development and Evaluation of a Parent Advisory Team Engaged in Childhood Obesity Research. Health Promot Pract, 22(1), 102-111.
- Yenerall J, You W, Hill J (2020). Beyond the supermarket: analyzing household shopping trip patterns that include food at home and away from home retailers. BMC Public Health, 20(1), 1747.
- Michaud TL, Estabrooks PA, You W, McGuire TJ, Almeida F, Karls K, Love K, King K, Hill J, Reed J, Porter G, Su D (2020). Sustaining the reach of a scalable weight loss intervention through financial incentives- a pragmatic, feasibility, online randomized trial protocol. Contemp Clin Trials, 98, 106142.
- Helmick MJ, Yaroch AL, Parks CA, Estabrooks PA, Hill JL (2019). Utilizing the RE-AIM framework to understand adoption of nutrition policies at food pantries across the USA. Transl Behav Med, 9(6), 1112-1121.
- Helmick M, Esmond AC, Hedrick V, Zoellner J, You W, Hill JL (2019). The Adoption of the Healthy Eating Standards in Local Afterschool Programs Does Not Improve Quality of Snacks. J Sch Health, 89(10), 809-817.
- Zoellner JM, You W, Hill JL, Brock DP, Yuhas M, Alexander RC, Price B, Estabrooks PA (2019). A comparative effectiveness trial of two family-based childhood obesity treatment programs in a medically underserved region: Rationale, design & methods. Contemp Clin Trials, 84, 105801.
- Estabrooks PA, Harden SM, Almeida FA, Hill JL, Johnson SB, Porter GC, Greenawald MH (2019). Using Integrated Research-Practice Partnerships to Move Evidence-Based Principles Into Practice. Exerc Sport Sci Rev, 47(3), 176-187.
- Nguyen MN, Watanabe-Galloway S, Hill JL, Siahpush M, Tibbits MK, Wichman C (2018). Ecological model of school engagement and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in school-aged children. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry, 28(6), 795-805.
- Lee RE, Lorenzo E, Szeszulski J, Arriola A, Bruening M, Estabrooks PA, Hill J, Marsiglia FF, OConnor T, Pollins KS, Shaibi GQ, Soltero E, Todd M (2018). Design and methodology of a cluster-randomized trial in early care and education centers to meet physical activity guidelines: Sustainability via Active Garden Education (SAGE). Contemp Clin Trials, 77, 8-18.
- Hill JL, Zoellner JM, You W, Brock DJ, Price B, Alexander RC, Frisard M, Brito F, Hou X, Estabrooks PA (2019). Participatory development and pilot testing of iChoose: an adaptation of an evidence-based paediatric weight management program for community implementation. BMC Public Health, 19(1), 122.
- Brock DP, Estabrooks PA, Hill JL, Barlow ML, Alexander RC, Price BE, Marshall R, Zoellner JM (2018). Building and Sustaining Community Capacity to Address Childhood Obesity: A 3-Year Mixed-Methods Case Study of a Community-Academic Advisory Board. Fam Community Health, 42(1), 62-79.
- Zoellner J, Hill JL, Brock D, Barlow ML, Alexander R, Brito F, Price B, Jones CL, Marshall R, Estabrooks PA (2017). One-Year Mixed-Methods Case Study of a Community-Academic Advisory Board Addressing Childhood Obesity. Health Promot Pract, 18(6), 833-853.
- Zoellner JM, Hill J, You W, Brock D, Frisard M, Alexander R, Silva F, Price B, Marshall R, Estabrooks PA (2017). The Influence of Parental Health Literacy Status on Reach, Attendance, Retention, and Outcomes in a Family-Based Childhood Obesity Treatment Program, Virginia, 2013-2015. Prev Chronic Dis, 14, E87.
- Wilson KE, Harden SM, Almeida FA, You W, Hill JL, Goessl C, Estabrooks PA (2015). Brief self-efficacy scales for use in weight-loss trials: Preliminary evidence of validity. Psychol Assess, 28(10), 1255-1264.
- Hill JL, Waters CN, Kolivras KN, Estabrooks PA, Zoellner JM (2016). Do the Features, Amenities, and Quality of Physical Activity Resources Differ Between City and County Areas of a Large Rural Region? Fam Community Health, 39(4), 273-82.
- Bailey AN, Porter KJ, Hill JL, Chen Y, Estabrooks PA, Zoellner JM (2016). The impact of health literacy on rural adults' satisfaction with a multi-component intervention to reduce sugar-sweetened beverage intake. Health Educ Res, 31(4), 492-508.
- Zoellner J, You W, Almeida F, Blackman KC, Harden S, Glasgow RE, Linnan L, Hill JL, Estabrooks PA (2016). The Influence of Health Literacy on Reach, Retention, and Success in a Worksite Weight Loss Program. Am J Health Promot, 30(4), 279-82.
- Hill JL, Wilson K, Harden S, Almeida F, Linnan L, Estabrooks PA (2016). Does worksite social capital enhance retention into a worksite weight-loss programme? Obes Sci Pract, 2(1), 69-74.
- Harden SM, You W, Almeida FA, Hill JL, Linnan LA, Allen KC, Estabrooks PA (2015). Does Successful Weight Loss in an Internet-Based Worksite Weight Loss Program Improve Employee Presenteeism and Absenteeism? Health Educ Behav, 42(6), 769-74.
- Harden SM, Gaglio B, Shoup JA, Kinney KA, Johnson SB, Brito F, Blackman KC, Zoellner JM, Hill JL, Almeida FA, Glasgow RE, Estabrooks PA (2015). Fidelity to and comparative results across behavioral interventions evaluated through the RE-AIM framework: a systematic review. Syst Rev, 4, 155.
- Grier K, Hill JL, Reese F, Covington C, Bennette F, MacAuley L, Zoellner J (2015). Feasibility of an experiential community garden and nutrition programme for youth living in public housing. Public Health Nutr, 18(15), 2759-69.
- Blackman KC, Zoellner J, Kadir A, Dockery B, Johnson SB, Almeida FA, McCrickard DS, Hill JL, You W, Estabrooks PA (2015). Examining the Feasibility of Smartphone Game Applications for Physical Activity Promotion in Middle School Students. Games Health J, 4(5), 409-19.
- Almeida FA, You W, Harden SM, Blackman KC, Davy BM, Glasgow RE, Hill JL, Linnan LA, Wall SS, Yenerall J, Zoellner JM, Estabrooks PA (2015). Effectiveness of a worksite-based weight loss randomized controlled trial: the worksite study. Obesity (Silver Spring), 23(4), 737-45.
- Hill JL, Olive NC, Waters CN, Estabrooks PA, You W, Zoellner JM (2015). Lack of healthy food options on children's menus of restaurants in the health-disparate Dan River region of Virginia and North Carolina, 2013. Prev Chronic Dis, 12, E40.
- Hill JL, You W, Zoellner JM (2014). Disparities in obesity among rural and urban residents in a health disparate region. BMC Public Health, 14, 1051.
- Almeida FA, Wall SS, You W, Harden SM, Hill JL, Krippendorf BE, Estabrooks PA (2014). The association between worksite physical environment and employee nutrition, and physical activity behavior and weight status. J Occup Environ Med, 56(7), 779-84.
- Blackman KC, Zoellner J, Berrey LM, Alexander R, Fanning J, Hill JL, Estabrooks PA (2013). Assessing the internal and external validity of mobile health physical activity promotion interventions: a systematic literature review using the RE-AIM framework. J Med Internet Res, 15(10), e224.
- Zoellner J, Hill JL, Grier K, Chau C, Kopec D, Price B, Dunn C (2013). Randomized controlled trial targeting obesity-related behaviors: Better Together Healthy Caswell County. Prev Chronic Dis, 10, E96.
- Motley M, Holmes A, Hill J, Plumb K, Zoellner J (2012). Evaluating community capacity to address obesity in the Dan River region: a case study. Am J Health Behav, 37(2), 208-17.
- Hill JL, Chau C, Luebbering CR, Kolivras KK, Zoellner J (2012). Does availability of physical activity and food outlets differ by race and income? Findings from an enumeration study in a health disparate region. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act, 9, 105.
- Zoellner J, Zanko A, Price B, Bonner J, Hill JL (2012). Exploring community gardens in a health disparate population: findings from a mixed methods pilot study. Prog Community Health Partnersh, 6(2), 153-65.
- Zoellner J, Hill JL, Zynda K, Sample AD, Yadrick K (2012). Environmental perceptions and objective walking trail audits inform a community-based participatory research walking intervention. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act, 9, 6.
- Zoellner J, Motley M, Wilkinson ME, Jackman B, Barlow ML, Hill JL (2011). Engaging the Dan River Region to reduce obesity: application of the Comprehensive Participatory Planning and Evaluation process. Fam Community Health, 35(1), 44-56.
- You W, Almeida FA, Zoellner JM, Hill JL, Pinard CA, Allen KC, Glasgow RE, Linnan LA, Estabrooks PA (2011). Who participates in internet-based worksite weight loss programs? BMC Public Health, 11, 709.
- Dzewaltowski DA, Estabrooks PA, Welk G, Hill J, Milliken G, Karteroliotis K, Johnston JA (2008). Healthy youth places: a randomized controlled trial to determine the effectiveness of facilitating adult and youth leaders to promote physical activity and fruit and vegetable consumption in middle schools. Health Educ Behav, 36(3), 583-600.
- Welk GJ, Dzewaltowski DA, Hill JL (2005). Comparison of the computerized ACTIVITYGRAM instrument and the previous day physical activity recall for assessing physical activity in children. Res Q Exerc Sport, 75(4), 370-80.
- Estabrooks PA, Munroe KJ, Fox EH, Gyurcsik NC, Hill JL, Lyon R, Rosenkranz S, Shannon VR (2004). Leadership in physical activity groups for older adults: a qualitative analysis. J Aging Phys Act, 12(3), 232-45.
- Schumann A, Estabrooks PA, Nigg CR, Hill J (2003). Validation of the stages of change with mild, moderate, and strenuous physical activity behavior, intentions, and self-efficacy. Int J Sports Med, 24(5), 363-5.