University of Utah
University of Utah
St. Olaf College
- He B, Li W, Zhang X, Wu Y, Liu J, Brewer LM, Yu L (2020). The Analysis of How Apnea Influences the Autonomic Nervous System Using Short-Term Heart Rate Variability Indices. J Healthc Eng, 2020, 6503715.
- Fogarty M, Orr JA, Sakata D, Brewer L, Johnson K, Fang JC, Kuck K (2019). A comparison of ventilation with a non-invasive ventilator versus standard O2 with a nasal cannula for colonoscopy with moderate sedation using propofol. J Clin Monit Comput, 34(6), 1215-1221.
- Ermer SC, Farney RJ, Johnson KB, Orr JA, Egan TD, Brewer LM (2020). An Automated Algorithm Incorporating Poincaré Analysis Can Quantify the Severity of Opioid-Induced Ataxic Breathing. Anesth Analg, 130(5), 1147-1156.
- Li H, Li E, Krishnamurthy D, Kolbay P, Chacin B, Hoehne S, Cybulski J, Brewer L, Petelenz T, Orr J, Sakata D, Clardy T, Kuck K, Prakash M (2020). Utah-Stanford Ventilator (Vent4US): Developing a rapidly scalable ventilator for COVID-19 patients with ARDS. doi:10.1101/2020.04.18.20070367.
- Ermer S, Brewer L, Orr J, Egan TD, Johnson K (2018). Comparison of 7 Different Sensors for Detecting Low Respiratory Rates Using a Single Breath Detection Algorithm in Nonintubated, Sedated Volunteers. Anesth Analg, 129(2), 399-408.
- Liu J, Ai C, Zhang B, Wang Y, Brewer LM, Ting CK, Huang D, Yu L (2018). Tracheal sounds accurately detect apnea in patients recovering from anesthesia. J Clin Monit Comput, 33(3), 437-444.
- McFarlane DC, Doig AK, Agutter JA, Brewer LM, Syroid ND, Mittu R (2018). Faster clinical response to the onset of adverse events: A wearable metacognitive attention aid for nurse triage of clinical alarms. PLoS One, 13(5), e0197157.
- Allen SG, Brewer L, Gillis ES, Pace NL, Sakata DJ, Orr JA (2017). A Turbine-Driven Ventilator Improves Adherence to Advanced Cardiac Life Support Guidelines During a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Simulation. Respir Care, 62(9), 1166-1170.
- McFarlane DC, Doig AK, Agutter JA, Mercurio JL, Mittu R, Brewer LM, Syroid ND (2016). Defeating Information Overload in Health Surveillance using a Metacognitive Aid Innovation from Military Combat Systems. Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation. Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation, 154851291666724.
- Naguib M, Brewer L, LaPierre C, Kopman AF, Johnson KB (2016). The Myth of Rescue Reversal in "Can't Intubate, Can't Ventilate" Scenarios. Anesth Analg, 123(1), 82-92.
- Patwari N, Brewer L, Tate Q, Kaltiokallio O, Bocca M (2013). Breathfinding: A Wireless Network that Monitors and Locates Breathing in a Home. IEEE J Sel Top Signal Process, PP(99).
- Yu L, Ting CK, Hill BE, Orr JA, Brewer LM, Johnson KB, Egan TD, Westenskow DR (2013). Using the entropy of tracheal sounds to detect apnea during sedation in healthy nonobese volunteers. Anesthesiology, 118(6), 1341-9.
- Brewer L, Orr J, Fulcher E, Markewitz B (2011). Evaluation of a CO2 partial rebreathing functional residual capacity measurement method for use during mechanical ventilation. J Clin Monit Comput, 25(6), 397-404.
- Brewer LM, Orr JA, Sherman MR, Fulcher EH, Markewitz BA (2011). Measurement of functional residual capacity by modified multiple breath nitrogen washout for spontaneously breathing and mechanically ventilated patients. Br J Anaesth, 107(5), 796-805.
- Brewer LM, Orr JA, Pace NL (2008). Anatomic dead space cannot be predicted by body weight. Respir Care, 53(7), 885-91.
- Brewer LM, Haryadi DG, Orr JA (2007). Measurement of functional residual capacity of the lung by partial CO2 rebreathing method during acute lung injury in animals. Respir Care, 52(11), 1480-9.
- Johnson K, Brewer L, LaPierre C (2014). Consideration for the Induction of Anesthesia. In Ken B Johnson (Ed.), Clinical Pharmacology for Anesthesiology (1, p. 512). New York: McGraw-Hill Education Medical.
- Tan J, Brewer L (2018). Data-driven Innovation and Technology in Anesthesia: Updates from the Society for Technology in Anesthesia Annual Meeting. Anesthesiology News Special Edition, 2018;suppl, 79-83.
- Orr JA, Kck K, Brewer LM (2003). Noninvasive cardiac output monitor algorithms are more sophisticated and perform better than indicated in modeling paper. [Letter to the editor]. Anesthesiology, 99(6), 1461-2; author reply 1462.
- Kck K, Orr JA, Brewer LM (2003). Noninvasive cardiac output performance improved after sufficient stabilization time following decrease of ventilation. [Letter to the editor]. Anesthesiology, 99(6), 1460; author reply 1460-1.
- Young EDBrewer LM, Ferguson SH (2021). Feasibility Testing of a Microphone System to Facilitate Patient Communication During Noninvasive Ventilation: Preliminary Results. [Abstract].