Bruce A. MacWilliams, PhD
- Knee Joint Kinematics and Kinetics
- Joint Simulation Techniques and Apparatus
- Computational Modeling and Visualization Techniques for Biomechanical Analysis
- Kinematic and Kinetic Measurement and Modeling of the Foot
- Pediatric Gait Analysis
- Departments: Bioengineering - Adjunct Assistant Professor, Orthopaedics - Research Associate Professor, Physical Therapy and Athletic Training - Adjunct Assistant Professor
Academic Office Information
Movement Analysis Lab
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Research interests center around appications for pediatric gait analysis. These include developing new tools, models and techniques for movement analysis, the study of clincial gait pathologies, and clinical outcomes studies.
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
|Doctoral Training||Worcester Polytechnic Institute
|Graduate Training||Worcester Polytechnic Institute
|Undergraduate||Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Stevens PM, Anderson L, MacWilliams BA (2017). Femoral shaft osteotomy for obligate outward rotation due to SCFE. Strategies Trauma Limb Reconstr, 12(1), 27-33.
- Harris MD, MacWilliams BA, Bo Foreman K, Peters CL, Weiss JA, Anderson AE (2017). Higher medially-directed joint reaction forces are a characteristic of dysplastic hips: A comparative study using subject-specific musculoskeletal models. J Biomech, 54, 80-87.
- MacWilliams BA, Stotts AK, Carroll KL, DAstous JL (2016). Utilization and efficacy of computational gait analysis for hamstring lengthening surgery. Gait Posture, 49, 394-397.
- MacWilliams BA, McMulkin ML, Davis RB, Westberry DE, Baird GO, Stevens PM (2016). Biomechanical changes associated with femoral derotational osteotomy. Gait Posture, 49, 202-206.
- Carroll KL, Schiffern AN, Murray KA, Stevenson DA, Viskochil DH, Toydemir R, MacWilliams BA, Roach JW (2016). The Occurrence of Occult Acetabular Dysplasia in Relatives of Individuals With Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip. J Pediatr Orthop, 36(1), 96-100.
- Chong DY, Macwilliams BA, Hennessey TA, Teske N, Stevens PM (2015). Prospective comparison of subtalar arthroereisis with lateral column lengthening for painful flatfeet. J Pediatr Orthop B, 24(4), 345-53.
- McMulkin ML, MacWilliams BA (2015). Application of the Gillette Gait Index, Gait Deviation Index and Gait Profile Score to multiple clinical pediatric populations. Gait Posture, 41(2), 608-12.
- MacWilliams BA, Rozumalski A, Swanson AN, Wervey R, Dykes DC, Novacheck TF, Schwartz MH (2014). Three-dimensional lumbar spine vertebral motion during running using indwelling bone pins. Spine, 39(26), E1560-5.
- Johnson BA, Salzberg C, MacWilliams BA, Shuckra AL, DAstous JL (2014). Plyometric training: effectiveness and optimal duration for children with unilateral cerebral palsy. Pediatr Phys Ther, 26(2), 169-79.
- Saraswat P, MacWilliams BA, Davis RB, DAstous JL (2014). Kinematics and kinetics of normal and planovalgus feet during walking. Gait Posture, 39(1), 339-45.