Douglas D. Gray, MD
- Suicide Prevention
- Departments: Pediatrics - Adjunct Associate Professor, Psychiatry - Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Child Psychiatry, Pediatric Administration
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Child & Adolescent Psychiatry)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry)
As a suicidologist, Dr. Gray studies suicide completers in an attempt to better understand suicide risk factors, and to help develop future suicide prevention programs across the age span. He uses psychological autopsies, genetics and toxicology methods to make inroads to get a better understanding of suicide risk factors. His clinical focus is primarily outpatient and consult-liaison for bipolar disorders.
|Residency||University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
|Fellowship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Professional Medical||University of Colorado School of Medicine
|Undergraduate||University of Colorado
- Gray D, Coon H, McGlade E, Callor W, Byrd J, Viskochil J, Bakian A, Yurgelun-Todd D, Grey T, McMahon W (June, 2014). Comparative Analysis of Suicide, Accidental, and Undetermined Cause of Death Classification. Suicide Life Threat Behav, 44(3), 304-316.
- Coon H, Darlington T, Pimentel R, Smith KR, Huff CD, Hu H, Jerominski L, Hansen J, Klein M, Callor WB, Byrd J, Bakian A, Crowell SE, McMahon WM, Rajamanickam V, Camp NJ, McGlade E, Yurgelun-Todd D, Grey T, Gray D (November 19, 2013). Genetic Risk Factors in Two Pedigrees at High Risk for Suicide. Transl Psychiatry, e325doi:(10.1038), tp.2013.100.
- Gray D, Dawson KL, Grey TC, McMahon WM (December, 2011). "Best practices: The Utah Youth Suicide Study: best practices for suicide prevention through the juvenile court system.". Psychiatr Serv, 62(12), 1416-1418.
- Tzoumas AC, Tzoumas JL, Burlingame GM, Nelson PL, Wells MG, Gray DD (2007). The Y-OQ-12 Psychosocial Screening of Youth in Primary Care Medicine Using Items from and Outcome Measure. Clin Psychol Psychother, November/December(14), 488-503.
- Moskos MA, Halbern SR, Alder S, Kim H, Gray DD (2007). Utah Youth Suicide Study: Evidence-based Suicide Prevention for Juvenile Offenders. J Law Fam Stud, 10(1), 127-146.
- Moskos M, Olson L, Halbern S, Gray D (2007). Utah Youth Suicide Study: Barriers to Mental Health Treatment for Adolescents. Suicide Life Threat Behav, 37(2), 179-86.
- Gray D, Bilder DA, Leonard HL, Anders TF (2007). Triple Board Training and New Portals into Child Psychiatry Training. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am, 16(1), 55-66.
- Moskos M, Olson L, Halbern S, Keller T, Gray D (2005). Utah Youth Suicide Study: Psychological Autopsy. Suicide Life Threat Behav, 35(5), 536-546.
- Gray D, Achilles J, Keller T, Tate D, Haggard L, Rolfs R, Cazier C, Workman J, McMahon WM (2002). Utah youth suicide study, phase I: government agency contact before death. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry, 41(4), 427-34.
- Moskos MA, Achilles J, Gray D (2004). Adolescent suicide myths in the United States. [Review]. Crisis, 25(4), 176-82.
- Gray D, Renshaw P, McGlade E (April 9, 2014). It's Not Impossible, Translating Research into Real World Interventions. 47th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Suicidology, Century Plaza Hyatt Regency Hotel, Los Angeles, California.
- Gray D, Moskos M, Halbern S (April 24, 2010). Reduction of Suicide Risk and Recidivism Among Juvenile Offenders in Utah [Abstract]. 43rd American Association of Suicidology Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Benton T, Rostain T, Sexson S, Stubbe D, Gray D (2009). Pediatric Portals Program: Developing your own portal for pediatricians entering psychiatry [Abstract].
- Halbern S, Moskos M, Adler L, Kim H, Gray D (2008). Utah Youth Suicide Study: Evidence-Based Suicide Risk Reduction for Juvenile Offenders, at the 136th American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, San Diego, California. [Abstract].
- Halbern S, Moskos M, Gray D (2008). Early Mental Health Screening, Referral, and Treatment of Young Juvenile Offenders: Development of a Model. Presented as a half-day workshop at the 41st Annual Conference of the American Association of Suicidology, in Boston, Massachusetts. [Abstract].
- Halbern S, Moskos M, Gray D (2007). Family Centered Suicide Prevention Services for Youth at Highest Risk for Suicide Death. Presented as part of a Workshop at the SAMHSA Garrett Lee Smith Grant Awardees Conference in Portland, Oregon, December 10-12, 2007. [Abstract].
- Gray D, Stubbe D, Sexson S, Cuffe S, Santos C (2007). AACAP Training Forum: Future ABPN Child Psychiatry Examinations, and Training Updates 1) ABPN Presentation and Panel Discussion, 2) Integrated Training Programs, 3) Post-Pediatrics Pilot Program. [Abstract].
- Gray D, McHarg M, Wendleton L, Soberay K, Bahraini N (9/1/15). Video and Brochure: "How to Talk to a Child About a Suicide Attempt in the Family." Co-Author, Editor, and Video Moderator. Video Production and Editing by Tomorrow Pictures, Atlanta, Georgia. Funded by the Veteran's Administration. [Web]. Denver Co and Salt Lake City Ut: VISN 19 MIRECC, Suicide Prevention Group, Education Committee. Available: http://www.mirecc.va.gov/visn19/talk2kids/.