Patricia A. Murphy, CNM, DrPH, FACNM
- Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Adjunct Professor, Nursing - Professor Emeritus
- Divisions: Health Systems and Community-Based Care, Public Health
- American College of Nurse Midwives
Patricia Murphy is a Certified Nurse-Midwife who spent many years working in the city hospitals of New York City, attending births and providing care to women from all over the world. In recent years, she works primarily in the office setting rather than in the hospital. Her clinical specialties are prenatal care, contraception, family planning, and reproductive health. She has a special interest in complementary and alternative medicine for women’s health.
- Murphy PA, Kern SE, Stanczyk FZ, Westhoff CL (2005). Interaction of St. John's Wort with oral contraceptives: effects on the pharmacokinetics of norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol, ovarian activity and breakthrough bleeding. Contraception, 71(6), 402-8.
- Wilson ML, Murphy PA (2003). Herbal and dietary therapies for primary and secondary dysmenorrhoea (Cochrane review online journal). Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 3.
- Murphy PA (2002). St. John's wort and oral contraceptives: reasons for concern? J Midwifery Womens Health, 47(6), 447-50.