Jordan B. King, PharmD, MSCI
- Departments: Population Health Sciences - Assistant Professor
- Divisions: Health System Innovation and Research
|Fellowship||University of Utah
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Graduate Training||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Doctoral Training||Roseman University of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy
- Lamprecht DG Jr, Shaw PB, King JB, Hogan KN, Olson KL (2018 Jul - Aug). Trends in high-intensity statin use and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol control among patients enrolled in a clinical pharmacy cardiac risk service. J Clin Lipidol, 12(4), 999-1007.
- Hong LT, Liou TG, Deka R, King JB, Stevens V, Young DC (2018 Jun 13). Pharmacokinetics of Continuous Infusion Beta-lactams in the Treatment of Acute Pulmonary Exacerbations in Adult Patients With Cystic Fibrosis.LID - S0012-3692(18)30899-7 [pii]LID - 10.1016/j.chest.2018.06.002 [doi]. (Epub ahead of print) Chest.
- Fritz JM, King JB, McAdams-Marx C (2018 Jun). Associations Between Early Care Decisions and the Risk for Long-term Opioid Use for Patients With Low Back Pain With a New Physician Consultation and Initiation of Opioid Therapy. Clin J Pain, 34(6), 552-558.
- Chelu MG, Morris AK, Kholmovski EG, King JB, Kaur G, Silver MA, Cates JE, Han FT, Marrouche NF (2018 Mar). Durable lesion formation while avoiding esophageal injury during ablation of atrial fibrillation: Lessons learned from late gadolinium MR imaging. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol, 29(3), 385-392.
- Pourmand A, Woodward C, Shokoohi H, King JB, Taheri MR, King J, Lawrence C (2018). Impact of Asynchronous Training on Radiology Learning Curve among Emergency Medicine Residents and Clerkship Students.LID - 10.7812/TPP/17-055 [doi]. Perm J, 22.
- Azadani PN, King JB, Kheirkhahan M, Chang L, Marrouche NF, Wilson BD (2017 Dec 1). Left atrial fibrosis is associated with new-onset heart failure in patients with atrial fibrillation. Int J Cardiol, 248, 161-165.
- King JB, Azadani PN, Suksaranjit P, Bress AP, Witt DM, Han FT, Chelu MG, Silver MA, Biskupiak J, Wilson BD, Morris AK, Kholmovski EG, Marrouche N (2017 Sep 12). Left Atrial Fibrosis and Risk of Cerebrovascular and Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol, 70(11), 1311-1321.
- Bress AP, Bellows BK, King JB, Hess R, Beddhu S, Zhang Z, Berlowitz DR, Conroy MB, Fine L, Oparil S, Morisky DE, Kazis LE, Ruiz-Negron N, Powell J, Tamariz L, Whittle J, Wright JT Jr, Supiano MA, Cheung AK, Weintraub WS, Moran AE (2017 Aug 24). Cost-Effectiveness of Intensive versus Standard Blood-Pressure Control. N Engl J Med, 377(8), 745-755.
- Bress AP, King JB, Kreider KE, Beddhu S, Simmons DL, Cheung AK, Zhang Y, Doumas M, Nord J, Sweeney ME, Taylor AA, Herring C, Kostis WJ, Powell J, Rastogi A, Roumie CL, Wiggers A, Williams JS, Yunis R, Zias A, Evans GW, Greene T, Rocco MV, Cushman WC, Reboussin DM, Feinglos MN, Papademetriou V (2017 Aug 9). Effect of Intensive Versus Standard Blood Pressure Treatment According to Baseline Prediabetes Status: A Post Hoc Analysis of a Randomized Trial.LID - dc170885 [pii]LID - 10.2337/dc17-0885 [doi]. (Epub ahead of print) Diabetes Care.
- King JB, Shah RU, Sainski-Nguyen A, Biskupiak J, Munger MA, Bress AP (2017 Jun). Effect of Inpatient Dobutamine versus Milrinone on Out-of-Hospital Mortality in Patients with Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Pharmacotherapy, 37(6), 662-672.
- Rizvi KA, Burgon NS, King JB, Akoum N, Vergara G, Anderson PA, Gardner GP, McGann CJ, Wilson B, Kholmovski EG, MacLeod RS, Chelu MG, Marrouche NF (2016 Nov). Exercise Capacity Correlates With Left Atrial Structural Remodeling as Detected by Late Gadolinium-Enhanced Cardiac Magnetic Resonance in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. JACC Clin Electrophysiol, 2(6), 711-719.
- King JB, Shah RU, Bress AP, Nelson RE, Bellows BK (2016 May). Cost-Effectiveness of Sacubitril-Valsartan Combination Therapy Compared With Enalapril for the Treatment of Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction. JACC Heart Fail, 4(5), 392-402.
- Bress AP, King JB, Brixner D, Kielhorn A, Patel HK, Maya J, Lee VC, Biskupiak J, Munger M (2016 Feb). Pharmacotherapy Treatment Patterns, Outcomes, and Health Resource Utilization Among Patients with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction at a U.S. Academic Medical Center. Pharmacotherapy, 36(2), 174-86.
- King JB, Sainski-Nguyen AM, Bellows BK (2016). Office-Based Buprenorphine Versus Clinic-Based Methadone: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother, 30(1), 55-65.
- Bress A, Dodson JA, King J, Sauer BC, Reese T, Crook J, Radwanski P, Knippenberg K, Greene T, Nelson RE, Munger MA, LaFleur J (). Clinical and economic outcomes of ranolazine versus conventional antianginal users among Veterans with chronic stable angina. Am J Cardiol.
- Hawkins KL, King JB, Delate T, Martinez K, McCool K, Clark NP (). Pharmacy Technician Management of Stable, In-Range INRs within a Centralized Anticoagulation Service Study. J Manag Care Pharm.
- King JB, Bress AP, Reese AD, Munger MA (2015 Sep). Neprilysin Inhibition in Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction: A Clinical Review. [Review]. Pharmacotherapy, 35(9), 823-37.
- King JB, Schauerhamer MB, Bellows BK (2015). A review of the clinical utility of duloxetine in the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain. [Review]. Therapeut Clin Risk Manag, 11, 1163-75.
- King JB, Marrouche N (2018 Mar 6). Reply: What Is the Biological Relationship Between Left Atrial Fibrosis and Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation? [Letter to the editor]. J Am Coll Cardiol, 71(9), 1054-1056.
- King J, Healy R (). Velcade™ (bortezomib). Drug monograph for Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Brown J, Lanes S, Moyneur E, Walraven C, King J, Raebel M, Haynes K, Malek S, Kalilani L, Malka E (). Boehringer Ingelheim internal report Treatment gaps in newly diagnosed epilepsy patients in the US. Report to UCB Biosciences.
- King JB, Biskupiak J, Marrouche NF (). Clinical and economic burden of ischemic stroke and major bleeding In patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: A retrospective observational study using electronic medical records and administrative claims from an academic medical center. Report to Boehringer Ingelheim.