Justin R. Rhees, MS, MLS(ASCP)CM, SBBCM
- Departments: Pathology - Assistant Professor (Lecturer)
- Divisions: Medical Laboratory Science
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (Medical Laboratory Scientist)
Academic Office Information
School of Medicine
30 N 1900 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
|Graduate Training||University of Utah
Laboratory Medicine and Biomedical Science
|Undergraduate||Weber State University
Dual Major: Clinical Laboratory Science, German
- Justin R Rhees, Carolyn Scheese, Denise E Ward, Lynn Hollister, Takara Blamires, Diana G Wilkins, Connie Madden (Fall 2015). Clinical Practice Simulation for Blood Transfusion Reactions: An Interprofessional Approach. Clin Lab Sci, 28(4), 224-231.
- R Whitney, C Parker, R Condas, C Thom, N Pusey, JR Rhees, R Blaylock (September, 2015). Kidd antigen typing discrepancy due to JK3 autoantibody [Abstract]. Transfusion, 55(3S), 127A.
- JR Rhees, LA Boateng, B Sackey, S Agyeiwaa, RA Somuah, K Pierce, GT Noumsi (June, 2015). Distribution of red blood cell antigens and antibody identification using in-house manufactured reagents in a resource limited context: Experience at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH), Kumasi, Ghana [Abstract]. SCABB/CBBS Combined Annual Meeting.
- Carolyn Scheese, Justin Rhees (June 17-21, 2014). Using simulation to teach best practices in blood transfusion with an interprofessional team [Abstract]. 13th Annual International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning Conference (INACSL). Orlando, FL.
- Rhees, JR, Madden, C, Scheese, C (July, 2014). An Interprofessional Educational Model for the Prompt Recognition and Mitigation of a Transfusion Reaction [Abstract]. American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Afriyie, EY, Rhees, JR (03/31/2014). Evaluation of a Lateral Flow Assay for the Simultaneous Identification of ABO, Rhesus, and K Antigens of Blood Donors and Patients in Kumasi, Ghana [Abstract]. South Central Association of Blood Banks Annual Meeting.
- Rhees, JR (09/19/2013). Implementing the Flipped Classroom Ideology Improves Active Learning Behaviors and Participation in Undergraduate Medical Laboratory Science Education [Abstract]. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting.
- Rhees, JR, Roberts, M, Winters, B (06/01/2013). Gambling with the Risky Transfusion: an Interdisciplinary Approach to working with the Incompatible Crossmatch in Simulation [Abstract].
- Rhees JR (2011). Better Patient Care through Process Improvement by Utilizing illumigene™ C. difficile Assay to Detect C. difficile-Associated Disease (CDAD). Fourth author contributor, Presented at ASM [Abstract].
- Rhees JR (2010). Comparison of a Commercial Amplification Assay for Detection of the Clostridium difficile Toxin A Gene to Cell Culture Cytotoxicity, Toxin A, B Assay, common antigen detection EIA, and Toxigenic Culture from Pediatric Stool Specimens. Presented at 50th ICAAC, Boston [Abstract].
- Justin R Rhees (11/01/2015). RHD Genotyping for Weak D in Blood Recipients. ASCLS Today.
- Rhees, JR (06/01/2013). Flipping a Class without Flipping out: Lessons Learned. ASCLS Today (June/July 2013). ASCLS.