April F. Mohanty, MPH, PhD, Certificate
- Departments: Internal Medicine - Research Assistant Professor
- Divisions: Epidemiology
Academic Office Information
Veterans Administration Medical Center
500 S Foothill Blvd
Salt Lake City, UT 84149
I am an epidemiologist and health services researcher with research interests in improving the quality and equity of cardiovascular healthcare. My career goals are to reduce health disparities in cardiovascular disease prevention, management, and related outcomes.
|Other Training||University of Utah
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
|Doctoral Training||University of Washington
|Graduate Training||University of Washington
|Undergraduate||University of Wisconsin-Madison
|12/05/2019||Active Member||Women in AMIA- Career Advancement Committee: Responsibilities include driving the subcommittee’s agenda with regards to how AMIA can assist women with career advancement. This includes developing panels, tutorials, workshops, surveys for AMIA meetings, authoring guides on topics relevant to women at different career stages.||Global|
|05/01/2017||Acting Chair||Chair organizes monthly international remote meetings, updating agendas, taking minutes and reporting the subcommittee’s progress on its initiatives back to the larger steering committee.||Global|
- Mohanty AF, Levitan EB, Dodson JA, Vardeny O, King JB, LaFleur J, He T, Patterson OV, Alba PR, Russo PA, Choi ME, Bress AP (2019). Characteristics and Healthcare Utilization Among Veterans Treated for Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction Who Switched to Sacubitril/Valsartan. Circ Heart Fail, 12(11), e005691.
- Gawron LM, Mohanty AF, Kaiser JE, Gundlapalli AV (2019). Impact of Deployment on Reproductive Health in U.S. Active-Duty Servicewomen and Veterans. Semin Reprod Med, 36(6), 361-370.
- Ghobrial J, Heckbert SR, Bartz TM, Lovasi G, Wallace E, Lemaitre RN, Mohanty AF, Rea TD, Siscovick DS, Yee J, Lentz MS, Sotoodehnia N (2016). Ethnic differences in sudden cardiac arrest resuscitation. Heart, 102(17), 1363-70.
- Mooney SJ, Grady ST, Sotoodehnia N, Lemaitre RN, Wallace ER, Mohanty AF, Yee J, Siscovick DS, Rea TD, McKnight B, Kwok PY, Mak AC, Hesselson S, Lovasi GS (2016). In the Wrong Place with the Wrong SNP: The Association Between Stressful Neighborhoods and Cardiac Arrest Within Beta-2-adrenergic Receptor Variants. Epidemiology, 27(5), 656-62.