Martin McMahon, PhD
- Departments: Dermatology - Professor
Academic Office Information
Huntsman Cancer Institute
2000 Circle of Hope, Room: 2725
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Academic Bio: Dr. Martin McMahon was awarded a Ph.D. from King’s College, University of London, for studies on the mechanism of interferon action conducted with Drs. Ian Kerr and George Stark at the Imperial Cancer Research Fund (London, UK) and Stanford University (Stanford, CA). In 1985, he joined J. Michael Bishop’s laboratory in the Hooper Foundation of the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) as a post-doctoral fellow to study oncogenic protein kinases. In 1991, he established an independent research group at the DNAX Research Institute (now Merck Research Labs, Palo Alto, CA) working on RAF protein kinases. From 1991-1998, Dr. McMahon pioneered the use of a new class of conditional oncoproteins to dissect the corrupting events that lead normal cells to develop aberrant properties of lethal cancer. In 1998, he was recruited to the faculty of the Cancer Research Institute of the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center where he served as the Efim Guzik Distinguished Professor of Cancer Biology, Co-Leader of the Experimental Therapeutics Program and Director for Professional Education. In 2015, he joined the faculty of the Department of Dermatology and the Huntsman Cancer Institute of the University of Utah, as the Cumming-Presidential Professor of Cancer Biology and the Senior Director for Preclinical Translation.
Research: Dr. McMahon’s translational cancer research program focuses on the mechanisms underlying the development of metastatic melanoma, lung and thyroid cancer. Although these malignancies are derived from distinct cell types, they share a striking number of common genetic alterations especially activating mutations in KRAS, BRAF, PIK3CA or CTNNB1 (-catenin). In addition, many of these tumors display alterations in tumor suppressors such as CDKN2A, PTEN or TP53. To do this, Dr. McMahon’s laboratory works with cultured human cancer-derived cells and with genetically engineered mouse models of human cancer. Such model systems have demonstrated considerable value in the design and evaluation of new diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic tools to treat patients with cancer.
Current Administrative Positions: Senior Director of Preclinical Translation, Huntsman Cancer Institute.
Teaching: Since establishing an independent research laboratory in 1991, Dr. McMahon has mentored over 50 undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral or clinical fellows in his lab, most of whom have gone on to successful careers either in academia or the private sector. As a UCSF faculty member, Dr. McMahon was a member of three graduate programs: Tetrad; Biomedical Sciences (BMS) and; Chemistry & Chemical Biology (CCB) and served as Co-Director of the BMS graduate program for five years. As a member of these graduate programs he participated in numerous qualifying exams and thesis committees and as a presenter or student mentor in Research-In-Progress, Project Proposal and Journal Club forums. In his own research lab at UCSF, he hosted over 30 rotation students and had six full-time thesis students, of whom four have graduated with the award of a Ph.D. Dr. McMahon participated in numerous graduate level courses at UCSF and served as course organizer for the yearly cancer elective, “Advanced Topics in Cancer Research” and lead-organizer of a yearly minicourse, “Principles and Implications of Oncogene Addiction”. These courses focused on cancer cell signaling, models of cancer, pharmacological inhibition of signaling pathways and regulation of the cell division cycle or apoptosis.
Service: Dr. McMahon has served on numerous study sections including the NIH Basic Mechanisms of Cancer Therapy (Ad hoc, Chartered Member and Chair, 2006-2015) and Basic Cancer Research (BCR)-1 of the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT, 2013-date). He has served on the editorial board of Molecular Cancer Research, Molecular and Cellular Biology and Pigment Cell & Melanoma Research. He has organized a number of international conferences including the 2000 Oncogene Meeting (Frederick, MD) and the 2015 Annual Congress of the Society for Melanoma Research (San Francisco, CA), an academic organization of which Dr. McMahon is the current President.
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||G.W. Hooper Research Foundation, University of California, J. Michael Bishop PhD
Cancer, virology, genetics
|Doctoral Training||King's College, London - Ian M. Kerr, PhD (Research done at Stanford University and ICRF)
|Undergraduate||University of Glasgow - Roy H. Burdon PhD
|Doctoral Training||King's College, London - Ian M. Kerr, PhD (Research done at Stanford University and ICRF)
|Undergraduate||University of Glasgow - Roy H. Burdon PhD
|B.Sc. (Hons)||United Kingdom|
- Kinsey CG, Camolotto SA, Boespflug AM, Guillen KP, Foth M, Truong A, Schuman SS, Shea JE, Seipp MT, Yap JT, Burrell LD, Lum DH, Whisenant JR, Gilcrease GW 3rd, Cavalieri CC, Rehbein KM, Cutler SL, Affolter KE, Welm AL, Welm BE, Scaife CL, Snyder EL, McMahon M (2019 Apr). Protective autophagy elicited by RAF-->MEK-->ERK inhibition suggests a treatment strategy for RAS-driven cancers. Nat Med, 25(4), 620-627.
- Rauen KA, Schoyer L, Schill L, Stronach B, Albeck J, Andresen BS, Cave H, Ellis M, Fruchtman SM, Gelb BD, Gibson CC, Gripp K, Hefner E, Huang WYC, Itkin M, Kerr B, Linardic CM, McMahon M, Oberlander B, Perlstein E, Ratner N, Rogers L, Schenck A, Shankar S, Shvartsman S, Stevenson DA, Stites EC, Stork PJS, Sun C, Therrien M, Ullian EM, Widemann BC, Yeh E, Zampino G, Zenker M, Timmer W, McCormick F (2018 Dec). Proceedings of the fifth international RASopathies symposium: When development and cancer intersect. Am J Med Genet A, 176(12), 2924-2929.
- Mulcahy Levy JM, McMahon M (2018 Nov). Linking brain tumors and epileptic seizures. Nat Med, 24(11), 1638-1639.
- Gardner LJ, Ward M, Andtbacka RHI, Boucher KM, Bowen GM, Bowles TL, Cohen AL, Grossmann K, Hitchcock YJ, Holmen SL, Hyngstrom J, Khong H, McMahon M, Monroe MM, Ross CB, Suneja G, Wada D, Grossman D (). Risk factors for development of melanoma brain metastasis and disease progression: a single-center retrospective analysis. Melanoma Res, 5, 477-484.
- Gardner LJ, Ward M, Andtbacka RHI, Boucher KM, Bowen GM, Bowles TL, Cohen AL, Grossmann K, Hitchcock YJ, Holmen SL, Hyngstrom J, Khong H, McMahon M, Monroe MM, Ross CB, Suneja G, Wada D, Grossman D (2017 Oct). Risk factors for development of melanoma brain metastasis and disease progression: a single-center retrospective analysis. Melanoma Res, 27(5), 477-484.
- Silva JM, Deuker MM, Baguley BC, McMahon M (2017 May). PIK3CA-mutated melanoma cells rely on cooperative signaling through mTORC1/2 for sustained proliferation. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res, 30(3), 353-367.
- Sakamoto N, Feng Y, Stolfi C, Kurosu Y, Green M, Lin J, Green ME, Sentani K, Yasui W, McMahon M, Hardiman KM, Spence JR, Horita N, Greenson JK, Kuick R, Cho KR, Fearon ER (2017 Jan 10). BRAF(V600E) cooperates with CDX2 inactivation to promote serrated colorectal tumorigenesis.LID - 10.7554/eLife.20331 [doi]LID - e20331 [pii]. eLife, 6.
- Grossauer S, Koeck K, Murphy NE, Meyers ID, Daynac M, Truffaux N, Truong AY, Nicolaides TP, McMahon M, Berger MS, Phillips JJ, James CD, Petritsch CK (2016 Nov 15). Concurrent MEK targeted therapy prevents MAPK pathway reactivation during BRAFV600E targeted inhibition in a novel syngeneic murine glioma model. Oncotarget, 7(46), 75839-75853.
- Merlino G, Herlyn M, Fisher DE, Bastian BC, Flaherty KT, Davies MA, Wargo JA, Curiel-Lewandrowski C, Weber MJ, Leachman SA, Soengas MS, McMahon M, Harbour JW, Swetter SM, Aplin AE, Atkins MB, Bosenberg MW, Dummer R, Gershenwald JE, Halpern AC, Herlyn D, Karakousis GC, Kirkwood JM, Krauthammer M, Lo RS, Long GV, McArthur G, Ribas A, Schuchter L, Sosman JA, Smalley KS, Steeg P, Thomas NE, Tsao H, Tueting T, Weeraratna A, Xu G, Lomax R, Martin A, Silverstein S, Turnham T, Ronai ZA (2016 Jul). The state of melanoma: challenges and opportunities. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res, 29(4), 404-16.
- Deuker MM, McMahon M (2016 May). Rational targeting of BRAF and PI3-Kinase signaling for melanoma therapy. Mol Cell Oncol, 3(3), e1033095.
- van Veen JE, Pringle DR, McMahon M (2016). P2A-Fluorophore Tagging of BRAF Tightly Links Expression to Fluorescence In Vivo. PLoS ONE, 11(6), e0157661.
- Green S, Trejo CL, McMahon M (). PIK3CA(H1047R) promotes the growth of lung tumors initiated by oncogenic KRAS(G12D). Cancer Res, 75(24), 5378-91.
- Green S, Trejo CL, McMahon M (2015 Dec 15). PIK3CA(H1047R) Accelerates and Enhances KRAS(G12D)-Driven Lung Tumorigenesis. Cancer Res, 75(24), 5378-91.
- Cho JH, Robinson JP, Arave RA, Burnett WJ, Kircher DA, Chen G, Davies MA, Grossmann AH, VanBrocklin MW, McMahon M, Holmen SL (2015 Nov 3). AKT1 Activation Promotes Development of Melanoma Metastases. Cell Rep, 13(5), 898-905.
- Shai A, Dankort D, Juan J, Green S, McMahon M (2015 Aug 1). TP53 Silencing Bypasses Growth Arrest of BRAFV600E-Induced Lung Tumor Cells in a Two-Switch Model of Lung Tumorigenesis. Cancer Res, 75(15), 3167-80.
- Shai A, Dankort D, Juan J, Green S, McMahon M (). TP53 silencing bypasses growth arrest of BRAFV600E-induced lung tumor cells in a two-switch model of lung tumorigenesis. Cancer Res, 75(15), 3167-3180.
- Mann MB, Black MA, Jones DJ, Ward JM, Yew CC, Newberg JY, Dupuy AJ, Rust AG, Bosenberg MW, McMahon M, Print CG, Copeland NG, Jenkins NA (2015 May). Transposon mutagenesis identifies genetic drivers of Braf(V600E) melanoma. Nat Genet, 47(5), 486-95.
- Lin L, Sabnis AJ, Chan E, Olivas V, Cade L, Pazarentzos E, Asthana S, Neel D, Yan JJ, Lu X, Pham L, Wang MM, Karachaliou N, Cao MG, Manzano JL, Ramirez JL, Torres JM, Buttitta F, Rudin CM, Collisson EA, Algazi A, Robinson E, Osman I, Munoz-Couselo E, Cortes J, Frederick DT, Cooper ZA, McMahon M, Marchetti A, Rosell R, Flaherty KT, Wargo JA, Bivona TG (2015 Mar). The Hippo effector YAP promotes resistance to RAF- and MEK-targeted cancer therapies. Nat Genet, 47(3), 250-6.
- Deuker MM, Marsh Durban V, Phillips WA, McMahon M (2015 Feb). PI3'-kinase inhibition forestalls the onset of MEK1/2 inhibitor resistance in BRAF-mutated melanoma. Cancer Discov, 5(2), 143-53.
- Damsky W, Micevic G, Meeth K, Muthusamy V, Curley DP, Santhanakrishnan M, Erdelyi I, Platt JT, Huang L, Theodosakis N, Zaidi MR, Tighe S, Davies MA, Dankort D, McMahon M, Merlino G, Bardeesy N, Bosenberg M (2015 Jan 12). mTORC1 activation blocks BrafV600E-induced growth arrest but is insufficient for melanoma formation. Cancer Cell, 27(1), 41-56.
- Charles RP, Silva J, Iezza G, Phillips WA, McMahon M (2014 Jul). Activating BRAF and PIK3CA mutations cooperate to promote anaplastic thyroid carcinogenesis. Mol Cancer Res, 12(7), 979-86.
- Cooper ZA, Juneja VR, Sage PT, Frederick DT, Piris A, Mitra D, Lo JA, Hodi FS, Freeman GJ, Bosenberg MW, McMahon M, Flaherty KT, Fisher DE, Sharpe AH, Wargo JA (2014 Jul). Response to BRAF inhibition in melanoma is enhanced when combined with immune checkpoint blockade. Cancer Immunol Res, 2(7), 643-54.
- Deuker MM, McMahon M (2014 Jun 12). Cancer biology: Enzyme meets a surprise target. Nature, 510(7504), 225-6.
- Luo X, Mitra D, Sullivan RJ, Wittner BS, Kimura AM, Pan S, Hoang MP, Brannigan BW, Lawrence DP, Flaherty KT, Sequist LV, McMahon M, Bosenberg MW, Stott SL, Ting DT, Ramaswamy S, Toner M, Fisher DE, Maheswaran S, Haber DA (2014 May 8). Isolation and molecular characterization of circulating melanoma cells. Cell Rep, 7(3), 645-53.
- McFadden DG, Vernon A, Santiago PM, Martinez-McFaline R, Bhutkar A, Crowley DM, McMahon M, Sadow PM, Jacks T (2014 Apr 22). p53 constrains progression to anaplastic thyroid carcinoma in a Braf-mutant mouse model of papillary thyroid cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 111(16), E1600-9.
- Juan J, Muraguchi T, Iezza G, Sears RC, McMahon M (2014 Mar 15). Diminished WNT -> beta-catenin -> c-MYC signaling is a barrier for malignant progression of BRAFV600E-induced lung tumors. Genes Dev, 28(6), 561-75.
- Silva JM, Bulman C, McMahon M (2014 Mar). BRAFV600E cooperates with PI3K signaling, independent of AKT, to regulate melanoma cell proliferation. Mol Cancer Res, 12(3), 447-63.
- Silva JM, McMahon M (2014 Feb 5). The fastest Western in town: a contemporary twist on the classic Western blot analysis. J Vis Exp, (84), e51149.
- Goodwin AF, Tidyman WE, Jheon AH, Sharir A, Zheng X, Charles C, Fagin JA, McMahon M, Diekwisch TG, Ganss B, Rauen KA, Klein OD (2014 Feb 1). Abnormal Ras signaling in Costello syndrome (CS) negatively regulates enamel formation. Hum Mol Genet, 23(3), 682-92.
- Kamata T, Dankort D, Kang J, Giblett S, Pritchard CA, McMahon M, Leavitt AD (2013 Dec). Hematopoietic expression of oncogenic BRAF promotes aberrant growth of monocyte-lineage cells resistant to PLX4720. Mol Cancer Res, 11(12), 1530-41.
- Marsh Durban V, Deuker MM, Bosenberg MW, Phillips W, McMahon M (2013 Dec). Differential AKT dependency displayed by mouse models of BRAFV600E-initiated melanoma. J Clin Invest, 123(12), 5104-18.
- Yuan P, Ito K, Perez-Lorenzo R, Del Guzzo C, Lee JH, Shen CH, Bosenberg MW, McMahon M, Cantley LC, Zheng B (2013 Nov 5). Phenformin enhances the therapeutic benefit of BRAF(V600E) inhibition in melanoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 110(45), 18226-31.
- Strohecker AM, Guo JY, Karsli-Uzunbas G, Price SM, Chen GJ, Mathew R, McMahon M, White E (2013 Nov). Autophagy sustains mitochondrial glutamine metabolism and growth of BrafV600E-driven lung tumors. Cancer Discov, 3(11), 1272-85.
- Trejo CL, Green S, Marsh V, Collisson EA, Iezza G, Phillips WA, McMahon M (2013 Nov 1). Mutationally activated PIK3CA(H1047R) cooperates with BRAF(V600E) to promote lung cancer progression. Cancer Res, 73(21), 6448-61.
- Maertens O, Johnson B, Hollstein P, Frederick DT, Cooper ZA, Messiaen L, Bronson RT, McMahon M, Granter S, Flaherty K, Wargo JA, Marais R, Cichowski K (2013 Mar). Elucidating distinct roles for NF1 in melanomagenesis. Cancer Discov, 3(3), 338-49.
- Das Thakur M, Salangsang F, Landman AS, Sellers WR, Pryer NK, Levesque MP, Dummer R, McMahon M, Stuart DD (2013 Feb 14). Modelling vemurafenib resistance in melanoma reveals a strategy to forestall drug resistance. Nature, 494(7436), 251-5.
- Mito JK, Min HD, Ma Y, Carter JE, Brigman BE, Dodd L, Dankort D, McMahon M, Kirsch DG (2013 Jan). Oncogene-dependent control of miRNA biogenesis and metastatic progression in a model of undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma. J Pathol, 229(1), 132-40.
- Gysin S, Paquette J, McMahon M (2012 Dec). Analysis of mRNA profiles after MEK1/2 inhibition in human pancreatic cancer cell lines reveals pathways involved in drug sensitivity. Mol Cancer Res, 10(12), 1607-19.
- Mitra D, Luo X, Morgan A, Wang J, Hoang MP, Lo J, Guerrero CR, Lennerz JK, Mihm MC, Wargo JA, Robinson KC, Devi SP, Vanover JC, DOrazio JA, McMahon M, Bosenberg MW, Haigis KM, Haber DA, Wang Y, Fisher DE (2012 Nov 15). An ultraviolet-radiation-independent pathway to melanoma carcinogenesis in the red hair/fair skin background. Nature, 491(7424), 449-53.
- Wang J, Kobayashi T, Floch N, Kinkade CW, Aytes A, Dankort D, Lefebvre C, Mitrofanova A, Cardiff RD, McMahon M, Califano A, Shen MM, Abate-Shen C (2012 Sep 15). B-Raf activation cooperates with PTEN loss to drive c-Myc expression in advanced prostate cancer. Cancer Res, 72(18), 4765-76.
- Andreadi C, Cheung LK, Giblett S, Patel B, Jin H, Mercer K, Kamata T, Lee P, Williams A, McMahon M, Marais R, Pritchard C (2012 Sep 1). The intermediate-activity (L597V)BRAF mutant acts as an epistatic modifier of oncogenic RAS by enhancing signaling through the RAF/MEK/ERK pathway. Genes Dev, 26(17), 1945-58.
- Collisson EA, Trejo CL, Silva JM, Gu S, Korkola JE, Heiser LM, Charles RP, Rabinovich BA, Hann B, Dankort D, Spellman PT, Phillips WA, Gray JW, McMahon M (2012 Aug). A central role for RAF-->MEK-->ERK signaling in the genesis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Discov, 2(8), 685-93.
- Tien AC, Tsai HH, Molofsky AV, McMahon M, Foo LC, Kaul A, Dougherty JD, Heintz N, Gutmann DH, Barres BA, Rowitch DH (2012 Jul). Regulated temporal-spatial astrocyte precursor cell proliferation involves BRAF signalling in mammalian spinal cord. Development, 139(14), 2477-87.
- Trejo CL, Juan J, Vicent S, Sweet-Cordero A, McMahon M (2012 Jun 15). MEK1/2 inhibition elicits regression of autochthonous lung tumors induced by KRASG12D or BRAFV600E. Cancer Res, 72(12), 3048-59.
- Li CY, Cha W, Luder HU, Charles RP, McMahon M, Mitsiadis TA, Klein OD (2012 Jun 15). E-cadherin regulates the behavior and fate of epithelial stem cells and their progeny in the mouse incisor. Dev Biol, 366(2), 357-66.
- Huillard E, Hashizume R, Phillips JJ, Griveau A, Ihrie RA, Aoki Y, Nicolaides T, Perry A, Waldman T, McMahon M, Weiss WA, Petritsch C, James CD, Rowitch DH (2012 May 29). Cooperative interactions of BRAFV600E kinase and CDKN2A locus deficiency in pediatric malignant astrocytoma as a basis for rational therapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 109(22), 8710-5.
- Vredeveld LC, Possik PA, Smit MA, Meissl K, Michaloglou C, Horlings HM, Ajouaou A, Kortman PC, Dankort D, McMahon M, Mooi WJ, Peeper DS (2012 May 15). Abrogation of BRAFV600E-induced senescence by PI3K pathway activation contributes to melanomagenesis. Genes Dev, 26(10), 1055-69.
- Damsky WE, Curley DP, Santhanakrishnan M, Rosenbaum LE, Platt JT, Gould Rothberg BE, Taketo MM, Dankort D, Rimm DL, McMahon M, Bosenberg M (2011 Dec 13). beta-catenin signaling controls metastasis in Braf-activated Pten-deficient melanomas. Cancer Cell, 20(6), 741-54.
- Tang N, Marshall WF, McMahon M, Metzger RJ, Martin GR (2011 Jul 15). Control of mitotic spindle angle by the RAS-regulated ERK1/2 pathway determines lung tube shape. Science, 333(6040), 342-345.
- Charles RP, Iezza G, Amendola E, Dankort D, McMahon M (2011 Jun 1). Mutationally activated BRAF(V600E) elicits papillary thyroid cancer in the adult mouse. Cancer Res, 71(11), 3863-71.
- Rauen KA, Banerjee A, Bishop WR, Lauchle JO, McCormick F, McMahon M, Melese T, Munster PN, Nadaf S, Packer RJ, Sebolt-Leopold J, Viskochil DH (2011 May 15). Costello and cardio-facio-cutaneous syndromes: Moving toward clinical trials in RASopathies. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet, 157C(2), 136-46.
- McMahon M (2011 Apr). Parsing out the complexity of RAF inhibitor resistance. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res, 24(2), 361-5.
- McMahon M (2010 Jul). RAF translocations expand cancer targets. Nat Med, 16(7), 749-50.
- Amin DN, Sergina N, Ahuja D, McMahon M, Blair JA, Wang D, Hann B, Koch KM, Shokat KM, Moasser MM (2010 Jan 27). Resiliency and vulnerability in the HER2-HER3 tumorigenic driver. Sci Transl Med, 2(16), 16ra7.
- Held MA, Curley DP, Dankort D, McMahon M, Muthusamy V, Bosenberg MW (2010 Jan 1). Characterization of melanoma cells capable of propagating tumors from a single cell. Cancer Res, 70(1), 388-97.
- Krueger F, Madeja Z, Hemberger M, McMahon M, Cook SJ, Gaunt SJ (2009 Dec). Down-regulation of Cdx2 in colorectal carcinoma cells by the Raf-MEK-ERK 1/2 pathway. Cell Signal, 21(12), 1846-56.
- Agarwala SS, Becker JC, Eggermont AM, Flaherty KT, Garbe C, Goldstein AM, Halpern A, Kashani-Sabet M, Hauschild A, Kirkwood JM, Leachman S, Lorigan P, McMahon M, Messina J, Ribas A, Samlowski WE, Schadendorf D, Sondak VK (2009 Oct). Meeting report: consensus from the first and second Global Workshops in Melanoma November 19-20, 2008. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res, 22(5), 532-43.
- Dankort D, Curley DP, Cartlidge RA, Nelson B, Karnezis AN, Damsky WE Jr, You MJ, DePinho RA, McMahon M, Bosenberg M (2009 May). Braf(V600E) cooperates with Pten loss to induce metastatic melanoma. Nat Genet, 41(5), 544-52.
- McCubrey JA, Abrams SL, Ligresti G, Misaghian N, Wong EW, Steelman LS, Basecke J, Troppmair J, Libra M, Nicoletti F, Molton S, McMahon M, Evangelisti C, Martelli AM (2008 Nov). Involvement of p53 and Raf/MEK/ERK pathways in hematopoietic drug resistance. Leukemia, 22(11), 2080-90.
- Cartlidge RA, Thomas GR, Cagnol S, Jong KA, Molton SA, Finch AJ, McMahon M (2008 Oct). Oncogenic BRAF(V600E) inhibits BIM expression to promote melanoma cell survival. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res, 21(5), 534-44.
- Liu J, Suresh Kumar KG, Yu D, Molton SA, McMahon M, Herlyn M, Thomas-Tikhonenko A, Fuchs SY (2007 Mar 22). Oncogenic BRAF regulates beta-Trcp expression and NF-kappaB activity in human melanoma cells. Oncogene, 26(13), 1954-8.
- Dankort D, Filenova E, Collado M, Serrano M, Jones K, McMahon M (2007 Feb 15). A new mouse model to explore the initiation, progression, and therapy of BRAFV600E-induced lung tumors. Genes Dev, 21(4), 379-84.
- Levin M, Ewald AJ, McMahon M, Werb Z, Mostov K (2007). A model of intussusceptive angiogenesis. Novartis Found Symp, 283, 37-42; discussion 42-5, 238-41.
- Hayes JD, McMahon M (2006 Mar 17). The double-edged sword of Nrf2: subversion of redox homeostasis during the evolution of cancer. Mol Cell, 21(6), 732-4.
- Banerjee A, Gugasyan R, McMahon M, Gerondakis S (2006 Feb 28). Diverse Toll-like receptors utilize Tpl2 to activate extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) in hemopoietic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 103(9), 3274-9.
- Brandts CH, Sargin B, Rode M, Biermann C, Lindtner B, Schwable J, Buerger H, Muller-Tidow C, Choudhary C, McMahon M, Berdel WE, Serve H (2005 Nov 1). Constitutive activation of Akt by Flt3 internal tandem duplications is necessary for increased survival, proliferation, and myeloid transformation. Cancer Res, 65(21), 9643-50.
- Gysin S, Rickert P, Kastury K, McMahon M (2005 Sep). Analysis of genomic DNA alterations and mRNA expression patterns in a panel of human pancreatic cancer cell lines. Genes Chromosomes Cancer, 44(1), 37-51.
- Gysin S, Lee SH, Dean NM, McMahon M (2005 Jun 1). Pharmacologic inhibition of RAF-->MEK-->ERK signaling elicits pancreatic cancer cell cycle arrest through induced expression of p27Kip1. Cancer Res, 65(11), 4870-80.
- Shelton JG, Steelman LS, Abrams SL, White ER, Akula SM, Franklin RA, Bertrand FE, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2005 Jun). Conditional EGFR promotes cell cycle progression and prevention of apoptosis in the absence of autocrine cytokines. Cell Cycle, 4(6), 822-30.
- Sreeramaneni R, Chaudhry A, McMahon M, Sherr CJ, Inoue K (2005 Jan). Ras-Raf-Arf signaling critically depends on the Dmp1 transcription factor. Mol Cell Biol, 25(1), 220-32.
- Mirza AM, Gysin S, Malek N, Nakayama K, Roberts JM, McMahon M (2004 Dec). Cooperative regulation of the cell division cycle by the protein kinases RAF and AKT. Mol Cell Biol, 24(24), 10868-81.
- McCubrey JA, Shelton JG, Steelman LS, Franklin RA, Sreevalsan T, McMahon M (2004 Oct 14). Effects of a conditionally active v-ErbB and an EGF-R inhibitor on transformation of NIH-3T3 cells and abrogation of cytokine dependency of hematopoietic cells. Oncogene, 23(47), 7810-20.
- Silletti S, Yebra M, Perez B, Cirulli V, McMahon M, Montgomery AM (2004 Jul 9). Extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)-dependent gene expression contributes to L1 cell adhesion molecule-dependent motility and invasion. J Biol Chem, 279(28), 28880-8.
- Bergo MO, Gavino BJ, Hong C, Beigneux AP, McMahon M, Casey PJ, Young SG (2004 Feb). Inactivation of Icmt inhibits transformation by oncogenic K-Ras and B-Raf. J Clin Invest, 113(4), 539-50.
- Balmanno K, Millar T, McMahon M, Cook SJ (2003 Dec). DeltaRaf-1:ER* bypasses the cyclic AMP block of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 and 2 activation but not CDK2 activation or cell cycle reentry. Mol Cell Biol, 23(24), 9303-17.
- Thayer SP, di Magliano MP, Heiser PW, Nielsen CM, Roberts DJ, Lauwers GY, Qi YP, Gysin S, Fernandez-del Castillo C, Yajnik V, Antoniu B, McMahon M, Warshaw AL, Hebrok M (2003 Oct 23). Hedgehog is an early and late mediator of pancreatic cancer tumorigenesis. Nature, 425(6960), 851-6.
- Shelton JG, Moye PW, Steelman LS, Blalock WL, Lee JT, Franklin RA, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2003 Sep). Differential effects of kinase cascade inhibitors on neoplastic and cytokine-mediated cell proliferation. Leukemia, 17(9), 1765-82.
- Woodrow MA, Woods D, Cherwinski HM, Stokoe D, McMahon M (2003 Jul 15). Ras-induced serine phosphorylation of the focal adhesion protein paxillin is mediated by the Raf-->MEK-->ERK pathway. Exp Cell Res, 287(2), 325-38.
- Blalock WL, Navolanic PM, Steelman LS, Shelton JG, Moye PW, Lee JT, Franklin RA, Mirza A, McMahon M, White MK, McCubrey JA (2003 Jun). Requirement for the PI3K/Akt pathway in MEK1-mediated growth and prevention of apoptosis: identification of an Achilles heel in leukemia. Leukemia, 17(6), 1058-67.
- Anders M, Christian C, McMahon M, McCormick F, Korn WM (2003 May 1). Inhibition of the Raf/MEK/ERK pathway up-regulates expression of the coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor in cancer cells. Cancer Res, 63(9), 2088-95.
- Shelton JG, Steelman LS, Lee JT, Knapp SL, Blalock WL, Moye PW, Franklin RA, Pohnert SC, Mirza AM, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2003 Apr 24). Effects of the RAF/MEK/ERK and PI3K/AKT signal transduction pathways on the abrogation of cytokine-dependence and prevention of apoptosis in hematopoietic cells. Oncogene, 22(16), 2478-92.
- Lagunoff M, Bechtel J, Venetsanakos E, Roy AM, Abbey N, Herndier B, McMahon M, Ganem D (2002 Mar). De novo infection and serial transmission of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus in cultured endothelial cells. J Virol, 76(5), 2440-8.
- Venetsanakos E, Mirza A, Fanton C, Romanov SR, Tlsty T, McMahon M (2002 Feb 1). Induction of tubulogenesis in telomerase-immortalized human microvascular endothelial cells by glioblastoma cells. Exp Cell Res, 273(1), 21-33.
- Liu Q, Fan J, McMahon M, Prince AM, Zhang P (2001 Nov). Role of the oncogenic Raf-1 in orchestration of discrete nuclear factor-kappaB-activating pathways. Mol Cell Biol Res Commun, 4(6), 381-9.
- Weinstein-Oppenheimer CR, Henriquez-Roldan CF, Davis JM, Navolanic PM, Saleh OA, Steelman LS, Franklin RA, Robinson PJ, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2001 Sep). Role of the Raf signal transduction cascade in the in vitro resistance to the anticancer drug doxorubicin. Clin Cancer Res, 7(9), 2898-907.
- Sonoda Y, Ozawa T, Hirose Y, Aldape KD, McMahon M, Berger MS, Pieper RO (2001 Jul 1). Formation of intracranial tumors by genetically modified human astrocytes defines four pathways critical in the development of human anaplastic astrocytoma. Cancer Res, 61(13), 4956-60.
- Fanton CP, McMahon M, Pieper RO (2001 Jun 1). Dual growth arrest pathways in astrocytes and astrocytic tumors in response to Raf-1 activation. J Biol Chem, 276(22), 18871-7.
- Woods D, Cherwinski H, Venetsanakos E, Bhat A, Gysin S, Humbert M, Bray PF, Saylor VL, McMahon M (2001 May). Induction of beta3-integrin gene expression by sustained activation of the Ras-regulated Raf-MEK-extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol, 21(9), 3192-205.
- Blalock WL, Pearce M, Chang F, Lee JT, Pohnert SC, Burrows C, Steelman LS, Franklin RA, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2001 May). Effects of inducible MEK1 activation on the cytokine dependency of lymphoid cells. Leukemia, 15(5), 794-807.
- Schulze A, Lehmann K, Jefferies HB, McMahon M, Downward J (2001 Apr 15). Analysis of the transcriptional program induced by Raf in epithelial cells. Genes Dev, 15(8), 981-94.
- McMahon M (2001). Steroid receptor fusion proteins for conditional activation of Raf-MEK-ERK signaling pathway. Methods Enzymol, 332, 401-17.
- Tomlinson MG, Woods DB, McMahon M, Wahl MI, Witte ON, Kurosaki T, Bolen JB, Johnston JA (2001). A conditional form of Bruton's tyrosine kinase is sufficient to activate multiple downstream signaling pathways via PLC Gamma 2 in B cells. BMC Immunol, 2, 4.
- Hansen SH, Zegers MM, Woodrow M, Rodriguez-Viciana P, Chardin P, Mostov KE, McMahon M (2000 Dec). Induced expression of Rnd3 is associated with transformation of polarized epithelial cells by the Raf-MEK-extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway. Mol Cell Biol, 20(24), 9364-75.
- Lehmann K, Janda E, Pierreux CE, Rytomaa M, Schulze A, McMahon M, Hill CS, Beug H, Downward J (2000 Oct 15). Raf induces TGFbeta production while blocking its apoptotic but not invasive responses: a mechanism leading to increased malignancy in epithelial cells. Genes Dev, 14(20), 2610-22.
- Ries S, Biederer C, Woods D, Shifman O, Shirasawa S, Sasazuki T, McMahon M, Oren M, McCormick F (2000 Oct 13). Opposing effects of Ras on p53: transcriptional activation of mdm2 and induction of p19ARF. Cell, 103(2), 321-30.
- Blalock WL, Moye PW, Chang F, Pearce M, Steelman LS, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2000 Jun). Combined effects of aberrant MEK1 activity and BCL2 overexpression on relieving the cytokine dependency of human and murine hematopoietic cells. Leukemia, 14(6), 1080-96.
- Moye PW, Blalock WL, Hoyle PE, Chang F, Franklin RA, Weinstein-Oppenheimer C, Pearce M, Steelman L, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2000 Jun). Synergy between Raf and BCL2 in abrogating the cytokine dependency of hematopoietic cells. Leukemia, 14(6), 1060-79.
- Mirza AM, Kohn AD, Roth RA, McMahon M (2000 Jun). Oncogenic transformation of cells by a conditionally active form of the protein kinase Akt/PKB. Cell Growth Differ, 11(6), 279-92.
- Hoyle PE, Moye PW, Steelman LS, Blalock WL, Franklin RA, Pearce M, Cherwinski H, Bosch E, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2000 Apr). Differential abilities of the Raf family of protein kinases to abrogate cytokine dependency and prevent apoptosis in murine hematopoietic cells by a MEK1-dependent mechanism. Leukemia, 14(4), 642-56.
- Blalock WL, Pearce M, Steelman LS, Franklin RA, McCarthy SA, Cherwinski H, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2000 Jan 27). A conditionally-active form of MEK1 results in autocrine tranformation of human and mouse hematopoietic cells. Oncogene, 19(4), 526-36.
- Chen D, Heath V, OGarra A, Johnston J, McMahon M (1999 Dec 1). Sustained activation of the raf-MEK-ERK pathway elicits cytokine unresponsiveness in T cells. J Immunol, 163(11), 5796-805.
- Ravi RK, Thiagalingam A, Weber E, McMahon M, Nelkin BD, Mabry M (1999 Apr). Raf-1 causes growth suppression and alteration of neuroendocrine markers in DMS53 human small-cell lung cancer cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol, 20(4), 543-9.
- Ravi RK, McMahon M, Yangang Z, Williams JR, Dillehay LE, Nelkin BD, Mabry M (1999 Mar 15). Raf-1-induced cell cycle arrest in LNCaP human prostate cancer cells. J Cell Biochem, 72(4), 458-69.
- Aziz N, Cherwinski H, McMahon M (1999 Feb). Complementation of defective colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor signaling and mitogenesis by Raf and v-Src. Mol Cell Biol, 19(2), 1101-15.
- Cook SJ, Aziz N, McMahon M (1999 Jan). The repertoire of fos and jun proteins expressed during the G1 phase of the cell cycle is determined by the duration of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation. Mol Cell Biol, 19(1), 330-41.
- Auer KL, Park JS, Seth P, Coffey RJ, Darlington G, Abo A, McMahon M, Depinho RA, Fisher PB, Dent P (1998 Dec 15). Prolonged activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway promotes DNA synthesis in primary hepatocytes from p21Cip-1/WAF1-null mice, but not in hepatocytes from p16INK4a-null mice. Biochem J, 336 ( Pt 3), 551-60.
- McCubrey JA, Steelman LS, Hoyle PE, Blalock WL, Weinstein-Oppenheimer C, Franklin RA, Cherwinski H, Bosch E, McMahon M (1998 Dec). Differential abilities of activated Raf oncoproteins to abrogate cytokine dependency, prevent apoptosis and induce autocrine growth factor synthesis in human hematopoietic cells. Leukemia, 12(12), 1903-29.
- Zhu J, Woods D, McMahon M, Bishop JM (1998 Oct 1). Senescence of human fibroblasts induced by oncogenic Raf. Genes Dev, 12(19), 2997-3007.
- Fowles LF, Martin ML, Nelsen L, Stacey KJ, Redd D, Clark YM, Nagamine Y, McMahon M, Hume DA, Ostrowski MC (1998 Sep). Persistent activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases p42 and p44 and ets-2 phosphorylation in response to colony-stimulating factor 1/c-fms signaling. Mol Cell Biol, 18(9), 5148-56.
- Kamogawa Y, Lee HJ, Johnston JA, McMahon M, OGarra A, Arai N (1998 Aug 1). A conditionally active form of STAT6 can mimic certain effects of IL-4. J Immunol, 161(3), 1074-7.
- Onishi M, Nosaka T, Misawa K, Mui AL, Gorman D, McMahon M, Miyajima A, Kitamura T (1998 Jul). Identification and characterization of a constitutively active STAT5 mutant that promotes cell proliferation. Mol Cell Biol, 18(7), 3871-9.
- Tombes RM, Auer KL, Mikkelsen R, Valerie K, Wymann MP, Marshall CJ, McMahon M, Dent P (1998 Mar 15). The mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase cascade can either stimulate or inhibit DNA synthesis in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes depending upon whether its activation is acute/phasic or chronic. Biochem J, 330 ( Pt 3), 1451-60.
- Ravi RK, Weber E, McMahon M, Williams JR, Baylin S, Mal A, Harter ML, Dillehay LE, Claudio PP, Giordano A, Nelkin BD, Mabry M (1998 Jan 1). Activated Raf-1 causes growth arrest in human small cell lung cancer cells. J Clin Invest, 101(1), 153-9.
- Li D, Lin HH, McMahon M, Ma H, Ann DK (1997 Oct 3). Oncogenic raf-1 induces the expression of non-histone chromosomal architectural protein HMGI-C via a p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway in salivary epithelial cells. J Biol Chem, 272(40), 25062-70.
- Woods D, Parry D, Cherwinski H, Bosch E, Lees E, McMahon M (1997 Sep). Raf-induced proliferation or cell cycle arrest is determined by the level of Raf activity with arrest mediated by p21Cip1. Mol Cell Biol, 17(9), 5598-611.
- Bosch E, Cherwinski H, Peterson D, McMahon M (1997 Aug 28). Mutations of critical amino acids affect the biological and biochemical properties of oncogenic A-Raf and Raf-1. Oncogene, 15(9), 1021-33.
- Cook SJ, Beltman J, Cadwallader KA, McMahon M, McCormick F (1997 May 16). Regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 expression by extracellular signal-related kinase-dependent and Ca2+-dependent signal pathways in Rat-1 cells. J Biol Chem, 272(20), 13309-19.
- McCarthy SA, Chen D, Yang BS, Garcia Ramirez JJ, Cherwinski H, Chen XR, Klagsbrun M, Hauser CA, Ostrowski MC, McMahon M (1997 May). Rapid phosphorylation of Ets-2 accompanies mitogen-activated protein kinase activation and the induction of heparin-binding epidermal growth factor gene expression by oncogenic Raf-1. Mol Cell Biol, 17(5), 2401-12.
- Lloyd AC, Obermuller F, Staddon S, Barth CF, McMahon M, Land H (1997 Mar 1). Cooperating oncogenes converge to regulate cyclin/cdk complexes. Genes Dev, 11(5), 663-77.
- McCarthy SA, Aziz N, McMahon M (1997). Identification of immediate-early gene targets of the Raf-1 serine/threonine protein kinase using an estradiol-dependent fusion protein, delta Raf-1:ER. Methods Mol Biol, 85, 137-51.
- Klarlund JK, Cherniack AD, McMahon M, Czech MP (1996 Jul 12). Role of the Raf/mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in p21ras desensitization. J Biol Chem, 271(28), 16674-7.
- Lenormand P, McMahon M, Pouyssegur J (1996 Jun 28). Oncogenic Raf-1 activates p70 S6 kinase via a mitogen-activated protein kinase-independent pathway. J Biol Chem, 271(26), 15762-8.
- Pritchard CA, Bolin L, Slattery R, Murray R, McMahon M (1996 May 1). Post-natal lethality and neurological and gastrointestinal defects in mice with targeted disruption of the A-Raf protein kinase gene. Curr Biol, 6(5), 614-7.
- Kuo WL, Abe M, Rhee J, Eves EM, McCarthy SA, Yan M, Templeton DJ, McMahon M, Rosner MR (1996 Apr). Raf, but not MEK or ERK, is sufficient for differentiation of hippocampal neuronal cells. Mol Cell Biol, 16(4), 1458-70.
- Pritchard CA, Samuels ML, Bosch E, McMahon M (1995 Nov). Conditionally oncogenic forms of the A-Raf and B-Raf protein kinases display different biological and biochemical properties in NIH 3T3 cells. Mol Cell Biol, 15(11), 6430-42.
- McCarthy SA, Samuels ML, Pritchard CA, Abraham JA, McMahon M (1995 Aug 15). Rapid induction of heparin-binding epidermal growth factor/diphtheria toxin receptor expression by Raf and Ras oncogenes. Genes Dev, 9(16), 1953-64.
- Hambleton J, McMahon M, DeFranco AL (1995 Jul 1). Activation of Raf-1 and mitogen-activated protein kinase in murine macrophages partially mimics lipopolysaccharide-induced signaling events. J Exp Med, 182(1), 147-54.
- Carson EB, McMahon M, Baylin SB, Nelkin BD (1995 May 15). Ret gene silencing is associated with Raf-1-induced medullary thyroid carcinoma cell differentiation. Cancer Res, 55(10), 2048-52.
- Minden A, Lin A, McMahon M, Lange-Carter C, Derijard B, Davis RJ, Johnson GL, Karin M (1994 Dec 9). Differential activation of ERK and JNK mitogen-activated protein kinases by Raf-1 and MEKK. Science, 266(5191), 1719-23.
- Thorburn J, McMahon M, Thorburn A (1994 Dec 2). Raf-1 kinase activity is necessary and sufficient for gene expression changes but not sufficient for cellular morphology changes associated with cardiac myocyte hypertrophy. J Biol Chem, 269(48), 30580-6.
- Samuels ML, McMahon M (1994 Dec). Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor- and epidermal growth factor-mediated mitogenesis and signaling in 3T3 cells expressing delta Raf-1:ER, an estradiol-regulated form of Raf-1. Mol Cell Biol, 14(12), 7855-66.
- Samuels ML, Weber MJ, Bishop JM, McMahon M (1993 Oct). Conditional transformation of cells and rapid activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade by an estradiol-dependent human raf-1 protein kinase. Mol Cell Biol, 13(10), 6241-52.
- McMahon M, Schatzman RC, Bishop JM (1991 Sep). The amino-terminal 14 amino acids of v-src can functionally replace the extracellular and transmembrane domains of v-erbB. Mol Cell Biol, 11(9), 4760-70.
- Lewin AR, Reid LE, McMahon M, Stark GR, Kerr IM (1991 Jul 15). Molecular analysis of a human interferon-inducible gene family. Eur J Biochem, 199(2), 417-23.
- McMahon M, Stark GR, Kerr IM (). Interferon-induced gene expression in wild-type and interferon-resistant human lymphoblastoid (Daudi) cells. J Virol, 57, 362-6.
- Saunders ME, Gewert DR, Tugwell ME, McMahon M, Williams BRG (). Human 2-5A synthetase-characterization of a novel cDNA and the corresponding genomic structure. EMBO J, 4, 1761-8.
- Stark GR, Friedman RL, McMahon M, Manly SP, Kelly JM, Kerr IM (). Induction of human mRNAs by interferon. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci, B307, 227-30.
- Friedman RL, Manly SP, McMahon M, Kerr IM, Stark GR (). Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of interferon-induced gene expression in human cells. Cell, 38, 745-55.
- Burdon RH, Slater, McMahon M, Cato ACB (). Hyperthermia and the heat shock proteins of HeLa cells. Br J Cancer, 45, 953-63.
- Holderfield M, Deuker MM, McCormick F, McMahon M (2014 Jul). Targeting RAF kinases for cancer therapy: BRAF-mutated melanoma and beyond. [Review]. Nat Rev Cancer, 14(7), 455-67.
- Shelton JG, Steelman LS, Abrams SL, Bertrand FE, Franklin RA, McMahon M, McCubrey JA (2005 Oct). The epidermal growth factor receptor gene family as a target for therapeutic intervention in numerous cancers: what's genetics got to do with it? [Review]. Expert Opin Ther Targets, 9(5), 1009-30.
- McMahon M, Woods D (2001). Regulation of the p53 pathway by Ras, the plot thickens. [Review]. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1471(2), M63-71.
- DeFranco AL, Hambleton J, McMahon M, Weinstein SL (1995). Examination of the role of MAP kinase in the response of macrophages to lipopolysaccharide. [Review]. Prog Clin Biol Res, 392, 407-20.
- Bishop JM, Capobianco AJ, Doyle HJ, Finney RE, McMahon M, Robbins SM, Samuels ML, Vetter M (1994). Proto-oncogenes and plasticity in cell signaling. [Review]. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol, 59, 165-71.
- McMahon M, Kerr IM (). The biochemistry of the antiviral state. In Burke DC, Morris AG (Eds.), Interferons: From Molecular Biology to Clinical Application (Society for General Microbiology Symposia) (1st edition). London: Cambridge University Press.
- Cayley PJ, Silverman RH, Balkwill FR, McMahon M, Knight M, Kerr IM (). The 2-5A system and interferon action. In Merigan TC, Friedman RM (Eds.), Interferons: UCLA Symposia of Molecular and Cellular Biology (XXV, pp. 143-58). New York: Academic Press, Inc.
- Bacchetta R, Parkman R, McMahon M, Weinberg K, Bigler M, de Vries JE, Roncarolo MG (1995 Apr 1). Dysfunctional cytokine production by host-reactive T-cell clones isolated from a chimeric severe combined immunodeficiency patient transplanted with haploidentical bone marrow. Blood, 85(7), 1944-53.
- Deuker MA, McMahon M (). Oncogene Addiction and Overdose: Intermittent Treatment in Models of Drug-Resistant BRAF-Mutated Melanoma [Letter to the editor]. Melanoma Letter, 32, 8-11.
- McMahon M (2015 Jun). Intermittent dosing in melanoma. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol (13(6), pp. 348-50). United States.
- Rauen KA, Schoyer L, McCormick F, Lin AE, Allanson JE, Stevenson DA, Gripp KW, Neri G, Carey JC, Legius E, Tartaglia M, Schubbert S, Roberts AE, Gelb BD, Shannon K, Gutmann DH, McMahon M, Guerra C, Fagin JA, Yu B, Aoki Y, Neel BG, Balmain A, Drake RR, Nolan GP, Zenker M, Bollag G, Sebolt-Leopold J, Gibbs JB, Silva AJ, Patton EE, Viskochil DH, Kieran MW, Korf BR, Hagerman RJ, Packer RJ, Melese T (2010 Jan). Proceedings from the 2009 genetic syndromes of the Ras/MAPK pathway: From bedside to bench and back. Am J Med Genet A (152A(1), pp. 4-24). United States.
- Fisher DE, Medrano EE, McMahon M, Soengas MS, Schuchter L, Wolchok JD, Merlino G (2008 Feb). Meeting report: fourth international congress of the Society for Melanoma Research. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res (21(1), pp. 15-26). England.
- Pritchard C, McMahon M (1997 Jul). Raf revealed in life-or-death decisions. Nat Genet (16(3), pp. 214-5). United States.