Elissa M. Ozanne, PhD
- Decision Analytic Modeling
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis
- Developing and Evaluating Risk Assessment and Communication Strategies
- Developing and Evaluating Methods to Improve Patient and Provider Decision Making
- Population Health
- Decision Analysis
- Departments: Population Health Sciences - Associate Professor
- Divisions: Health System Innovation and Research
Academic Office Information
Department of Population Health Sciences
295 Chipeta Way, Room: Room 1S111
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Dr. Elissa Ozanne’s training is in engineering, primarily in the areas of decision analysis and risk assessment. Her research focuses on the evaluation and implementation of methods to improve patient and provider decision making. Her recent research includes studies of risk comprehension and communication in the setting of breast cancer decision-making, cost-effectiveness analyses of novel interventions, and the design and implementation of risk assessment and decision support techniques. Her research has been funded by NCI, American Cancer Society, and the Komen Foundation.
Dr. Elissa Ozanne's primary career goal is to guide effective, patient-centered use of prevention, screening, and treatment strategies in medicine. Her research is focused on decision-making, including the developing and testing of clinical decision aids, risk communication methods, cost-effectiveness and risk modeling.
|Postdoctoral Training||Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Summer Institute in Informed Patient Choice
|Postdoctoral Training||Harvard Medical School
Leadership for Physicians and Scientists
|Postdoctoral Training||Massachusetts General Hospital
NCI Program in Cancer Outcomes Research Training
|Postdoctoral Training||University of California, San Francisco
Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center
|Doctoral Training||Stanford University
Management Science and Engineering: Decision Analysis
|Graduate Training||Stanford University
Engineering Economic Systems
- Bannon BL, Lucier M, Fagerlin A, Kim J, Kiraly B, Weir P, Ozanne EM (2019 Feb 1). Evaluation of the intensive outpatient clinic: study protocol for a prospective study of high-cost, high-need patients in the University of Utah Health system. BMJ Open, 9(1), e024724.
- Ozanne EM, Howe R, Mallinson D, Esserman L, Vant Veer LJ, Kaplan CP (2019 Jan 21). Evaluation of National Comprehensive Cancer Network guideline-based Tool for Risk Assessment for breast and ovarian Cancer (N-TRAC): A patient-reported survey for genetic high-risk assessment for breast and ovarian cancers in women.LID - 10.1002/jgc4.1051 [doi]. (Epub ahead of print) J Genet Couns.
- Stout NK, Cronin AM, Uno H, Ozanne EM, Hassett MJ, Frank ES, Greenberg CC, Punglia RS (2018 Oct). Estrogen-receptor status and risk of contralateral breast cancer following DCIS. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 171(3), 777-781.
- Ozanne E, Karliner LS, Tice JA, Haas JS, Livaudais-Toman J, Pasick RJ, Kaplan CP (2018 Sep 15). An Intervention Tool to Increase Patient-Physician Discussion of Lifestyle Risk Factors for Breast Cancer.LID - 10.1089/jwh.2018.7026 [doi]. (Epub ahead of print) J Womens Health (Larchmt).
- Henderson LM, Hubbard RA, Zhu W, Weiss J, Wernli KJ, Goodrich ME, Kerlikowske K, DeMartini W, Ozanne EM, Onega T (2018 Aug). Preoperative Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging Use by Breast Density and Family History of Breast Cancer. J Womens Health (Larchmt), 27(8), 987-993.
- He X, Schifferdecker KE, Ozanne EM, Tosteson ANA, Woloshin S, Schwartz LM (2018 Jul 31). How Do Women View Risk-Based Mammography Screening? A Qualitative Study.LID - 10.1007/s11606-018-4601-9 [doi]. (Epub ahead of print) J Gen Intern Med.
- Durand MA, Song J, Yen RW, Sepucha K, Politi MC, Dhage S, Rosenkranz K, Margenthaler J, Tosteson ANA, Crayton E, Jackson S, Bradley A, OMalley AJ, Volk RJ, Ozanne E, Percac-Lima S, Acosta J, Mir N, Scalia P, Ward A, Elwyn G (2018 Jul-Dec). Adapting the Breast Cancer Surgery Decision Quality Instrument for Lower Socioeconomic Status: Improving Readability, Acceptability, and Relevance. MDM Policy Pract, 3(2), 2381468318811839.
- Durand MA, Yen RW, OMalley AJ, Politi MC, Dhage S, Rosenkranz K, Weichman K, Margenthaler J, Tosteson ANA, Crayton E, Jackson S, Bradley A, Volk RJ, Sepucha K, Ozanne E, Percac-Lima S, Song J, Acosta J, Mir N, Elwyn G (2018 Feb 13). What matters most: protocol for a randomized controlled trial of breast cancer surgery encounter decision aids across socioeconomic strata. BMC Public Health, 18(1), 241.
- Forcino RC, Barr PJ, OMalley AJ, Arend R, Castaldo MG, Ozanne EM, Percac-Lima S, Stults CD, Tai-Seale M, Thompson R, Elwyn G (2018 Feb). Using CollaboRATE, a brief patient-reported measure of shared decision making: Results from three clinical settings in the United States. Health Expect, 21(1), 82-89.
- Onega T, Weiss JE, Goodrich ME, Zhu W, DeMartini WB, Kerlikowske K, Ozanne E, Tosteson ANA, Henderson LM, Buist DSM, Wernli KJ, Herschorn SD, Hotaling E, ODonoghue C, Hubbard R (2017 Dec). Relationship between preoperative breast MRI and surgical treatment of non-metastatic breast cancer. J Surg Oncol, 116(8), 1008-1015.
- Lockwood R, Ozanne E, Hur C, Yachimski P (2017 Nov). Patient decision-making and clinical outcomes following endoscopic therapy or esophagectomy for Barrett's neoplasia. Endosc Int Open, 5(11), E1128-E1135.
- Newhall K, Albright B, Tosteson A, Ozanne E, Trus T, Goodney PP (2017 Sep). Cost-effectiveness of prophylactic appendectomy: a Markov model. Surg Endosc, 31(9), 3596-3604.
- Barr PJ, Forcino RC, Thompson R, Ozanne EM, Arend R, Castaldo MG, OMalley AJ, Elwyn G (2017 Mar 24). Evaluating CollaboRATE in a clinical setting: analysis of mode effects on scores, response rates and costs of data collection. BMJ Open, 7(3), e014681.
- Howe R, Hassett MJ, Wheelock A, ODonoghue C, Kaplan C, Ozanne EM (). Costs matter: The impact of disclosing treatment costs and provider profit on patients’ decisions. J Cancer Policy, 11, 42-47.
- Punglia RS, Cronin AM, Uno H, Stout NK, Ozanne EM, Greenberg CC, Frank ES, Schrag D (2017 Jan 1). Association of Regional Intensity of Ductal Carcinoma In Situ Treatment With Likelihood of Breast Preservation. JAMA Oncol, 3(1), 101-104.
- Ozanne EM, Weiss JE, Onega T, DeMartini W, Kerlikowske K, Buist DS, Henderson L, Hubbard RA, Goodrich M, Tosteson AN, Virnig BA, ODonoghue C (2017 Jan). Locoregional treatment of breast cancer in women with and without preoperative magnetic resonance imaging. Am J Surg, 213(1), 132-139.e2.
- Barnes AJ, Hanoch Y, Miron-Shatz T, Ozanne EM (2016 Sep). Tailoring risk communication to improve comprehension: Do patient preferences help or hurt? Health Psychol, 35(9), 1007-16.
- Cohan JN, Ozanne EM, Sewell JL, Hofer RK, Mahadevan U, Varma MG, Finlayson E (2016 Jun). A Novel Decision Aid for Surgical Patients with Ulcerative Colitis: Results of a Pilot Study. Dis Colon Rectum, 59(6), 520-8.
- Barlow DR, Higgins BT, Ozanne EM, Tosteson AN, Pearson AM (2016 Apr). Cost Effectiveness of Operative Versus Non-Operative Treatment of Geriatric Type-II Odontoid Fracture. Spine, 41(7), 610-7.
- Hanoch Y, Miron-Shatz T, Rolison JJ, Omer Z, Ozanne E (2015 Dec). Shared decision making in patients at risk of cancer: the role of domain and numeracy. Health Expect, 18(6), 2799-810.
- Ozanne EM, Schneider KH, Soeteman D, Stout N, Schrag D, Fordis M, Punglia RS (2015 Nov). onlineDeCISion.org: a web-based decision aid for DCIS treatment. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 154(1), 181-90.
- Howe R, Miron-Shatz T, Hanoch Y, Omer ZB, ODonoghue C, Ozanne EM (2015 Oct). Personalized Medicine Through SNP Testing for Breast Cancer Risk: Clinical Implementation. J Genet Couns, 24(5), 744-51.
- Yachimski P, Wani S, Givens T, Howard E, Higginbotham T, Price A, Berman K, Hosford L, Katcher PM, Ozanne E, Perzan K, Hur C (2015 Jan). Preference of endoscopic ablation over medical prevention of esophageal adenocarcinoma by patients with Barrett's esophagus. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol, 13(1), 84-90.
- Miron-Shatz T, Hanoch Y, Katz BA, Doniger GM, Ozanne EM (). Willingness to test for BRCA1/2 in high risk women: Influenced by risk perception and family experience, rather than by objective or subjective numeracy? Judgm Decis Mak, 10(4), 386-99.
- Hanoch Y, Miron-Shatz T, Rolison JJ, Ozanne E (2014 Oct). Understanding of BRCA1/2 genetic tests results: the importance of objective and subjective numeracy. Psychooncology, 23(10), 1142-8.
- Fehniger J, Livaudais-Toman J, Karliner L, Kerlikowske K, Tice JA, Quinn J, Ozanne E, Kaplan CP (2014 May). Perceived versus objective breast cancer risk in diverse women. J Womens Health (Larchmt), 23(5), 420-7.
- Esserman LJ, Alvarado MD, Howe RJ, Mohan AJ, Harrison B, Park C, ODonoghue C, Ozanne EM (2014 Apr). Application of a decision analytic framework for adoption of clinical trial results: are the data regarding TARGIT-A IORT ready for prime time? Breast Cancer Res Treat, 144(2), 371-8.
- ODonoghue C, Eklund M, Ozanne EM, Esserman LJ (2014 Feb 4). Aggregate cost of mammography screening in the United States: comparison of current practice and advocated guidelines. Ann Intern Med, 160(3), 145.
- Ozanne EM, Howe R, Omer Z, Esserman LJ (2014 Jan 14). Development of a personalized decision aid for breast cancer risk reduction and management. BMC Med Informat Decis Making, 14, 4.
- Barr PJ, Thompson R, Walsh T, Grande SW, Ozanne EM, Elwyn G (2014 Jan 3). The psychometric properties of CollaboRATE: a fast and frugal patient-reported measure of the shared decision-making process. J Med Internet Res, 16(1), e2.
- Miron-Shatz T, Hanoch Y, Doniger GM, Omer ZB, Ozanne EM (). Subjective but not objective numeracy influences willingness to pay for BRCA1/2 genetic testing among women. Judgm Decis Mak, 9(2), 152-8.
- Bravo C, ODonoghue C, Kaplan CP, Luce J, Ozanne E (2014). Can mHealth Improve Risk Assessment in Underserved Populations? Acceptability of a Breast Health Questionnaire App in Ethnically Diverse, Older, Low-Income Women.LID - 6 [pii]. J Health Dispar Res Pract, 7(4).
- Alvarado MD, Conolly J, Park C, Sakata T, Mohan AJ, Harrison BL, Hayes M, Esserman LJ, Ozanne EM (2014 Jan). Patient preferences regarding intraoperative versus external beam radiotherapy following breast-conserving surgery. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 143(1), 135-40.
- Omer ZB, Hwang ES, Esserman LJ, Howe R, Ozanne EM (2013 Oct 28). Impact of ductal carcinoma in situ terminology on patient treatment preferences. JAMA Intern Med, 173(19), 1830-1.
- Elwyn G, Barr PJ, Grande SW, Thompson R, Walsh T, Ozanne EM (2013 Oct). Developing CollaboRATE: a fast and frugal patient-reported measure of shared decision making in clinical encounters. Patient Educ Couns, 93(1), 102-7.
- Alvarado MD, Mohan AJ, Esserman LJ, Park CC, Harrison BL, Howe RJ, Thorsen C, Ozanne EM (2013 Sep). Cost-effectiveness analysis of intraoperative radiation therapy for early-stage breast cancer. Ann Surg Oncol, 20(9), 2873-80.
- Soeteman DI, Stout NK, Ozanne EM, Greenberg C, Hassett MJ, Schrag D, Punglia RS (2013 Jun 5). Modeling the effectiveness of initial management strategies for ductal carcinoma in situ. J Natl Cancer Inst, 105(11), 774-81.
- Ozanne EM, Drohan B, Bosinoff P, Semine A, Jellinek M, Cronin C, Millham F, Dowd D, Rourke T, Block C, Hughes KS (2013 Jan). Which risk model to use? Clinical implications of the ACS MRI screening guidelines. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 22(1), 146-9.
- Ozanne EM (). Overdiagnosis and Overtreatment of Breast Cancer: How Can We Promote Informed Patient Choice? Curr Breast Cancer Rep, 5(4), 263-5.
- Esserman L, Ozanne E, vant Veer L (2013 Jan). Will early detection for breast cancer ever work? Clin Chem, 59(1), 190-3.
- Ozanne EM, OConnell A, Bouzan C, Bosinoff P, Rourke T, Dowd D, Drohan B, Millham F, Griffin P, Halpern EF, Semine A, Hughes KS (2012 Aug). Bias in the reporting of family history: implications for clinical care. J Genet Couns, 21(4), 547-56.
- Lowry KP, Lee JM, Kong CY, McMahon PM, Gilmore ME, Cott Chubiz JE, Pisano ED, Gatsonis C, Ryan PD, Ozanne EM, Gazelle GS (2012 Apr 15). Annual screening strategies in BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutation carriers: a comparative effectiveness analysis. Cancer, 118(8), 2021-30.
- Alvarado M, Ozanne E, Esserman L (2012). Overdiagnosis and overtreatment of breast cancer. Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book, e40-5.
- Campbell S, Stowe K, Ozanne EM (2011 Nov). Interprofessional practice and decision support: an organizational framework applied to a mental health setting. J Interprof Care, 25(6), 423-7.
- Esserman LJ, Moore DH, Tsing PJ, Chu PW, Yau C, Ozanne E, Chung RE, Tandon VJ, Park JW, Baehner FL, Kreps S, Tutt AN, Gillett CE, Benz CC (2011 Sep). Biologic markers determine both the risk and the timing of recurrence in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 129(2), 607-16.
- Ozanne EM, Shieh Y, Barnes J, Bouzan C, Hwang ES, Esserman LJ (2011 Aug). Characterizing the impact of 25 years of DCIS treatment. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 129(1), 165-73.
- Lee JM, McMahon PM, Kong CY, Kopans DB, Ryan PD, Ozanne EM, Halpern EF, Gazelle GS (2010 Mar). Cost-effectiveness of breast MR imaging and screen-film mammography for screening BRCA1 gene mutation carriers. Radiology, 254(3), 793-800.
- Ozanne EM, Wittenberg E, Garber JE, Weeks JC (2010 Jan-Feb). Breast cancer prevention: patient decision making and risk communication in the high risk setting. Breast J, 16(1), 38-47.
- Hur C, Broughton DE, Kong CY, Ozanne EM, Richards EB, Truong T, Gazelle GS (2009 Oct). Patient preferences for the chemoprevention of colorectal cancer. Dig Dis Sci, 54(10), 2207-14.
- Drohan B, Ozanne EM, Hughes KS (2009 Sep-Oct). Electronic health records and the management of women at high risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. Breast J, 15 Suppl 1, S46-55.
- Sepucha KR, Ozanne EM, Partridge AH, Moy B (2009 Jul-Aug). Is there a role for decision aids in advanced breast cancer? Med Decis Making, 29(4), 475-82.
- Ozanne EM, Partridge A, Moy B, Ellis KJ, Sepucha KR (2009 Jun). Doctor-patient communication about advance directives in metastatic breast cancer. J Palliat Med, 12(6), 547-53.
- Ozanne EM, Loberg A, Hughes S, Lawrence C, Drohan B, Semine A, Jellinek M, Cronin C, Milham F, Dowd D, Block C, Lockhart D, Sharko J, Grinstein G, Hughes KS (2009 Mar-Apr). Identification and management of women at high risk for hereditary breast/ovarian cancer syndrome. Breast J, 15(2), 155-62.
- Braithwaite D, Tammemagi CM, Moore DH, Ozanne EM, Hiatt RA, Belkora J, West DW, Satariano WA, Liebman M, Esserman L (2009 Mar 1). Hypertension is an independent predictor of survival disparity between African-American and white breast cancer patients. Int J Cancer, 124(5), 1213-9.
- Ozanne EM, Braithwaite D, Sepucha K, Moore D, Esserman L, Belkora J (2009 Jan 10). Sensitivity to input variability of the Adjuvant! Online breast cancer prognostic model. J Clin Oncol, 27(2), 214-9.
- Ozanne EM, Drohan B, Hughes KS (). Challenges and Improvements in the Identification of Women at High Risk. Breast Dis Year Bk Q, 20(3), 248-50.
- Pandharipande PV, Harisinghani MG, Ozanne EM, Specht MC, Hur C, Lee JM, Gazelle GS (2008 Nov). Staging MR lymphangiography of the axilla for early breast cancer: cost-effectiveness analysis. AJR Am J Roentgenol, 191(5), 1308-19.
- Hur C, Broughton DE, Ozanne E, Yachimski P, Nishioka NS, Gazelle GS (2008 Oct). Patient preferences for the chemoprevention of esophageal adenocarcinoma in Barrett's esophagus. Am J Gastroenterol, 103(10), 2432-42.
- Silvia KA, Ozanne EM, Sepucha KR (2008 Mar). Implementing breast cancer decision aids in community sites: barriers and resources. Health Expect, 11(1), 46-53.
- Ozanne EM, Annis C, Adduci K, Showstack J, Esserman L (2007 Mar-Apr). Pilot trial of a computerized decision aid for breast cancer prevention. Breast J, 13(2), 147-54.
- Sepucha K, Ozanne E, Silvia K, Partridge A, Mulley AG Jr (2007 Feb). An approach to measuring the quality of breast cancer decisions. Patient Educ Couns, 65(2), 261-9.
- Sepucha K, Ozanne E, Mulley AG Jr (2006 Dec). Doing the right thing: systems support for decision quality in cancer care. Ann Behav Med, 32(3), 172-8.
- Ozanne EM, Klemp JR, Esserman LJ (2006 Mar-Apr). Breast cancer risk assessment and prevention: a framework for shared decision-making consultations. Breast J, 12(2), 103-13.
- Esserman LJ, Ozanne EM, Dowsett M, Slingerland JM (2005). Tamoxifen may prevent both ER+ and ER- breast cancers and select for ER- carcinogenesis: an alternative hypothesis. Breast Cancer Res, 7(6), R1153-8.
- Ozanne EM, Esserman LJ (2004 Dec). Evaluation of breast cancer risk assessment techniques: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 13(12), 2043-52.
- Esserman L, Sepucha K, Ozanne E, Hwang ES (2004 Jan). Applying the neoadjuvant paradigm to ductal carcinoma in situ. Ann Surg Oncol, 11(1 Suppl), 28S-36S.
- Holtzman S, Ozanne E, Carone B, Goldstein MK, Steinke G, Timbs J (1999). Decision analysis and Alzheimer disease: three case studies. Genet Test, 3(1), 71-83.
- ODonoghue C, Kaplan CP, Howe R, Esserman L, Perez-Stable EJ, Ozanne EM (). Tablet-based collection of patient-reported data in diverse, low-income populations: A case study in breast cancer risk assessment. J Health Dispar Res Pract.
- Winn K, Ozanne E, Sepucha K (2015 Jul). Measuring patient-centered care: An updated systematic review of how studies define and report concordance between patients' preferences and medical treatments. [Review]. Patient Educ Couns, 98(7), 811-21.
- Walsh T, Barr PJ, Thompson R, Ozanne E, ONeill C, Elwyn G (2014 Jan 23). Undetermined impact of patient decision support interventions on healthcare costs and savings: systematic review. [Review]. BMJ, 348, g188.
- Abhyankar P, Volk RJ, Blumenthal-Barby J, Bravo P, Buchholz A, Ozanne E, Vidal DC, Col N, Stalmeier P (2013). Balancing the presentation of information and options in patient decision aids: an updated review. [Review]. BMC Med Informat Decis Making, 13 Suppl 2, S6.
- Trevena LJ, Zikmund-Fisher BJ, Edwards A, Gaissmaier W, Galesic M, Han PK, King J, Lawson ML, Linder SK, Lipkus I, Ozanne E, Peters E, Timmermans D, Woloshin S (2013). Presenting quantitative information about decision outcomes: a risk communication primer for patient decision aid developers. [Review]. BMC Med Informat Decis Making, 13 Suppl 2, S7.
- Sepucha K, Ozanne EM (2010 Jan). How to define and measure concordance between patients' preferences and medical treatments: A systematic review of approaches and recommendations for standardization. [Review]. Patient Educ Couns, 78(1), 12-23.
- Esserman LJ, Shieh Y, Park JW, Ozanne EM (2007 Sep). A role for biomarkers in the screening and diagnosis of breast cancer in younger women. [Review]. Expert Rev Mol Diagn, 7(5), 533-44.
- Ozanne EM, Esserman L (). Decision Making in Breast Cancer Prevention. In Psicooncología (7, pp. 299-311).
- Bickel K, Ozanne E (2017 May). Importance of Costs and Cost Effectiveness of Palliative Care. J Oncol Pract, 13(5), 287-289.
- Bickel K, Ozanne E (2017 Nov). Reply to S.R. Isenberg et al [Letter to the editor]. J Oncol Pract, 13(11), 774-775.
- Ozanne EM, Hwang ES, Esserman LJ (). Letter to the Editor [Letter to the editor]. Breast J, 13(5), 540.
- Alvarado MD, Hayes MT, Sethi R, Ozanne EM (). NSABP B-43 is unlikely to produce a cost-effective treatment strategy for HER2+ DCIS [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 75(9 Suppl), P1-10-03.
- Thompson C, Ekland M, ODonoghue C, Ozanne EM, Esserman L (). The aggregate number of false-positive recalls and biopsies performed under different breast cancer screening strategies in the US; also presented as a poster at the 37th Annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 9-13, 2014; San Antonio, TX [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 75(9 Suppl), P3-02-01.
- Henderson L, Hubbard R, Wernli K, Kerlikowske K, Buist DSM, Sprague B, Goodrich M, DeMartini W, Ozanne E, Zhu W, ODonoghue C, Virnig BA, Tosteson ANA, Onega T (). Are breast density and family history associated with pre-operative breast MRI use? [Abstract]. J Clin Oncol, 33(15 Suppl), e17543.
- Ozanne EM, Stout N, Schneider K, Soeteman D, Schrag D, Fordis M, Punglia R (). onlineDeCISion.org: An interactive web-based clinical decision aid for DCIS treatment; also presented as a poster at the 37th Annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 9-13, 2014; San Antonio, TX [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 75(9 Suppl), P2-10-01.
- Ozanne EM, Drohan B, Hughes KS (). Breast cancer risk assessment: How risk models can “overdiagnose” risk; also presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting Quality Care Symposium; November 1-2, 2013 [Abstract]. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 31(31 Suppl), 184.
- Howe R, Omer Z, Hanoch Y, Miron-Shatz T, Thorsen C, Ozanne EM (). Single nucleotide polymorphism testing for breast cancer risk assessment: Patient trust and willingness to pay [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 72(24 Suppl), P4-11-03.
- Thorsen CM, Weiss JE, Kerlikowske K, Ozanne EM, Buist DS, Hubbard RA, Tosteson AN, Henderson LM, Virnig BA, Goodrich ME, Onega TL (). Impact of preoperative MRI on the surgical treatment of breast cancer: a SEER-Medicare analysis [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 72(24 Suppl), P4-01-15.
- Alvarado M, Harrison B, Howe R, Rounds K, Solin L, Ozanne EM (). Cost-effectiveness of gene expression profiling for ductal carcinoma in-situ (Oncotype DCIS Score) [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 72(24 Suppl), P5-15-01.
- Thorsen CM, Eklund M, Ozanne EM, Esserman LJ (). The cost of mammography screening in the United States by screening policy [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 72(24 Suppl), P3-02-12.
- Ozanne EM, Crawford B, Petruse A, Madlensky L, Weiss L, Hogarth M, Wenger N, Goodman D, Park H, Anton-Culver H, Yasmeen S, Howell L, Ojeda H, Parker B, Kaplan C, vant Veer L, Esserman L, Naeim A (). Risk assessment and personalized decision support: The University of California Athena Breast Health Network; also presented as a poster at the 35th Annual CTRC‐AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; Dec 4‐8, 2012; San Antonio, TX [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 72(24 Suppl), P4-13-13.
- Howe R, Hassett M, Wheelock A, ODonoghue CT, Kaplan C, Ozanne EM (). Cost of cancer care: The impact of disclosure on treatment preferences [Abstract]. J Clin Oncol, 30(Suppl 34), 15.
- Omer Z, Hwang ES, Esserman L, Ozanne EM (). Words matter: Influence of DCIS diagnosis terminology on patient treatment decisions [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 71(24 Suppl), P5-15-01.
- Ozanne EM, Omer Z, Carlson K (). Automated breast cancer risk assessment: Identifying high risk women in the primary care setting; also presented as a poster at the 34th Annual CTRC‐AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; Dec 6‐10, 2011; San Antonio, TX [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 71(24 Suppl), P4-10-04.
- Esserman LJ, Mohan AJ, Park C, Berry D, Ozanne EM, Alvarado MD (). Projecting the impact of adopting trial results [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 71(24 Suppl), PD06-08.
- Alvarado M, Mohan A, Esserman LJ, Ozanne EM (). Cost-effectiveness of intraoperative radiation therapy for breast conservation [Abstract]. J Clin Oncol, 29(15 Suppl), 6081.
- Ozanne EM, Boortz S, Bechtold T, Esserman LJ (). Wide Scale, Automated Breast Cancer Risk Assessment and Decision Support for High Risk Women: www.BreastHealthDecisions.org; also presented as a poster at the 33rd Annual CTRC‐AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; Dec 8‐12, 2010; San Antonio, TX [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 70(24 Suppl), P6-09-11.
- Esserman E, Chu B, Chung R, Ozanne EM, Yau C, Tsing P, Baehner FL, Tutt AN, Moore DH, Benz C (). Risk partitioning model shows need to address time dependence of breast cancer recurrence™ [Abstract]. J Clin Oncol, 28(15 Suppl), 10605.
- Ozanne EM, Cipriano L, Cameron M, Newman T, Esserman LJ (). Cost-effectiveness of surgical interventions for BRCA gene mutation carriers: impact of delaying decision-making; also presented as a poster at the 2008 CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 69(2 Suppl), 503.
- Ozanne EM, Sharko J, Drohan B, Grinstein G, Hughes KS (). Identification of high-risk lesions through automated natural language processing (NLP) of pathology reports; also presented as a poster at the 2008 CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 69(2 Suppl), 3001.
- Ozanne EM, Cipriano L, Cameron M, Newman T, Esserman LJ (). Cost-effectiveness of genetic testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations; also presented as a poster at the 2008 CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium [Abstract]. Cancer Res, 69(2 Suppl), 6100.
- Braithwaite D, Moore D, Liebman M, Belkora J, West D, Satariano W, Ozanne EM, Esserman (). New comorbidity model to optimize decisions about interventions for breast cancer patients [Abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 100(Suppl 1).
- Braithwaite D, Moore D, West D, Satariano W, Liebman M, Belkora J, Ozanne EM, Esserman L (). Estimating prognostic impact of comorbidity: Development of a breast cancer specific model [Abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 94(Suppl 1).
- Ozanne EM, Esserman L (). A new breast cancer prevention tool incorporates contextual risk assessment and biomarkers [Abstract]. J Clin Oncol.
- Ozanne EM, Esserman L (). Risk Assessment Guidelines for Breast Cancer Prevention Used in a Shared Medical Decision Making Setting; also presented orally at the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making [Abstract]. Med Decis Making, 21(6).
- Ozanne EM (). An analytic approach to medical risk management: Decisions for breast cancer prevention. (Thesis). Stanford, CA: Stanford University.