Brian D. Evavold, PhD
Chief, Division of Microbiology and Immunology
- Departments: Pathology - Professor
- Divisions: Microbiology and Immunology
Academic Office Information
Emma Eccles Jones Research Building
15 North Medical Drive East, Room: Room 5200B
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
My research centers on how antigen recognition by T cells determines cell phenotype, fate, and outcome of the adaptive immune response. Understanding the mechanisms driving T cell activation provides novel insight into the basis of autoimmune disease and effective response to infections.
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||Washington University
T Cell Responses to Altered Peptide Ligands
|Doctoral Training||University of Chicago
T Cell Responses
|Undergraduate||St. Olaf College
|Evavold BD. T cell response to Altered peptide ligands. Autumn British Transplantation Society Meeting, London, England, United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Evavold BD. Altered peptide ligands for the T cell receptor. Cardiff University-Immunology Seminar Series, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Evavold BD. Variant peptide ligands for the TCR. Immunology Seminar Series, King’s College London, London, England, United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Evavold BD. Affinity of myelin specific T cells. 5th Aegean Autoimmune Conference, Crete, Greece||Greece|
|Evavold BD. 2D T cell affinity of myelin reactive T cells. Department of Microbiology Seminar Series, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada||Canada|
|Evavold BD. 2D affinity of CD4+ T cells. Cardiff University, London, Wales, United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Evavold BD. Frequency and affinity of CD4+ Tregs. University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Evavold BD. 2D frequency and affinity of myelin specific Tregs. Stochastic, statistical and computational approaches to Immunology, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Evavold BD. Affinity of myelin specific. 6th Aegean Autoimmune Conference, Corfu, Greece||Greece|
|Evavold BD. Frequency and 2D affinity of CD4 T cells. Lausanne Cancer Institute, Lausanne, Switzerland||Switzerland|
|Evavold BD. 2D affinity of CD4 T cells. MRC Immunology Seminar, Mill Hill, London, United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Evavold BD. T cell activation; the force awakens. Bridge Gaps & Crossroads Symposium, student invited speaker, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria||Austria|
- Shwetank, Frost EL, Mockus TE, Ren HM, Toprak M, Lauver MD, Netherby-Winslow CS, Jin G, Cosby JM, Evavold BD, Lukacher AE (2019). PD-1 Dynamically Regulates Inflammation and Development of Brain-Resident Memory CD8 T Cells During Persistent Viral Encephalitis. Front Immunol, 10, 783.
- Wu P, Zhang T, Liu B, Fei P, Cui L, Qin R, Zhu H, Yao D, Martinez RJ, Hu W, An C, Zhang Y, Liu J, Shi J, Fan J, Yin W, Sun J, Zhou C, Zeng X, Xu C, Wang J, Evavold BD, Zhu C, Chen W, Lou J (2019). Mechano-regulation of Peptide-MHC Class I Conformations Determines TCR Antigen Recognition. Mol Cell, 73(5), 1015-1027.e7.
- Hong J, Ge C, Jothikumar P, Yuan Z, Liu B, Bai K, Li K, Rittase W, Shinzawa M, Zhang Y, Palin A, Love P, Yu X, Salaita K, Evavold BD, Singer A, Zhu C (2018). A TCR mechanotransduction signaling loop induces negative selection in the thymus. Nat Immunol, 19(12), 1379-1390.
- Kolawole EM, Andargachew R, Liu B, Jacobs JR, Evavold BD (2018). 2D Kinetic Analysis of TCR and CD8 Coreceptor for LCMV GP33 Epitopes. Front Immunol, 9, 2348.
- DiToro D, Winstead CJ, Pham D, Witte S, Andargachew R, Singer JR, Wilson CG, Zindl CL, Luther RJ, Silberger DJ, Weaver BT, Kolawole EM, Martinez RJ, Turner H, Hatton RD, Moon JJ, Way SS, Evavold BD, Weaver CT (2017). Differential IL-2 expression defines developmental fates of follicular versus nonfollicular helper T cells. Science, 361(6407).