N. Clay Mann, PhD, MS, Executive MBA
Languages spoken: English
Departments: Pediatrics - Professor, Family & Preventive Medicine - Adjunct Associate Professor
Divisions: Pediatric Critical Care, Public Health
Academic Office Information
- Injury Prevention
- Trauma Systems
- Emergency Medical Services
- Development and Application of Statistical Methods in the Epidemiology and Clinical Trial
- Cardiac Arrest and Resuscitation
Dr. Mann is a Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Utah School of Medicine. Dr. Mann completed a Ph.D. from the University of Texas in Preventive Medicine and a Master’s Degree from the University of Utah focused on Statistics/Epidemiology. Dr. Mann recently completed an MBA with the University of Utah School of Business. Dr. Mann has authored/coauthored 100+ peer-reviewed research articles dealing with traumatic injuries to children, trauma system evaluation, cardiac and trauma resuscitation and the role of emergency medical services in health care. Dr. Mann has special expertise in nonparametric statistics and small sample analysis. He has published methodological papers dealing with the specification of risk adjusted log odds using injury data, improving diagnostic accuracy by pooling test findings and design issues associated with multi-site community trials with continual data collection. Dr. Mann has served as principal investigator or co-investigator on 50 federal, state, foundation or industry grants. He has conducted several randomized, controlled community trials dealing with cardiac resuscitation, acute coronary disease education and paramedic training. Currently, Dr. Mann currently serves as the Principal Investigator for the NEMSIS Technical Assistance Center.
University of Utah, School of Business
University of Texas
University of Utah
University of Utah
- Shekhar AC, Campbell T, Mann NC, Blumen I (2021). Overdose-Attributable Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in the United States (2017 to 2019). [Letter to the editor]. Am J Cardiol.
- Newgard CD, Lin A, Olson LM, Cook JNB, Gausche-Hill M, Kuppermann N, Goldhaber-Fiebert JD, Malveau S, Smith M, Dai M, Nathens AB, Glass NE, Jenkins PC, McConnell KJ, Remick KE, Hewes H, Mann NC, Pediatric Readiness Study Group (2021). Evaluation of Emergency Department Pediatric Readiness and Outcomes Among US Trauma Centers. JAMA Pediatr, 175(9), 947-956.