Stephen O. Manortey, PhD, MSc
Languages spoken: English
Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Adjunct Assistant Professor
Divisions: Public Health
Academic Office Information
- Data Analysis
- Community Engagement
- Childhood Mortality
- Spatial Statistics
University of Utah
University of Utah
University of Utah
Brigham Young University
- Nelson JR, Ess RH, Dickerson TT, Gren LH, Benson LS, Manortey SO, Alder SC (2022). Strategies to increase rural maternal utilization of skilled health personnel for childbirth delivery in low- and middle-income countries: a narrative review. Glob Health Action, 15(1), 2058170.
- Nutakor LM, Manortey S (2022). Prevalence and determinants of folic acid uptake among women of childbearing age in the Ho Municipality of the Volta Region of Ghana. International Journal of Food Properties, 25(1), 2373-2380.
- Marnah A, Manortey S (2022). Prevalence and risk factors for motorcycle accidents presenting to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Ghana. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 16(1), 368–382.
- Bobie S, Afakordzi SH, Manortey S (2022). Prevalence of Hepatitis B infections and associated risk factors among pregnant women at Hawa Memorial Saviour Hospital in the Abuakwa North Municipality, Ghana. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 16(1), 904-914.
- Ayisi-Amoah B, Manortey S (2022). Risk Factors of Myopia Among Students: A Case Study in Selected Garrison Junior High Schools in The Greater Accra Region. JOJ Ophthalmology, 9(2), e555758.
- Manortey S, Biney DM (2021). Low Back Pain and Associated Factors Among Auto Mechanics in Two Suburbs Of Accra, Ghana - A Cross-Sectional Study. Int J Sci Acad Res, 2(6), 1644-1651.
- Nartey-Laweh V, Manortey S (2021). Assessment of Knowledge and Practices of Prostate Cancer Screening Among Men in the Lower Manya Krobo Municipality in the Eastern Region of Ghana. Cancer Res J (N Y N Y), 9(1), 41-52.
- Manuh OG, Manortey S (2021). Assessment of Patients’ Knowledge of Diabetic Eye Complications at Selected Health Facilities in the Tema Metropolis, Ghana. Journal of Medical and Dental Science Research, 8(2), 5-14.
- Biney IJ, Kyei KA, Ganu VJ, Kenu E, Puplampu P, Manortey S, Lartey M (2021). Antiretroviral therapy adherence and viral suppression among HIV-infected adolescents and young adults at a tertiary hospital in Ghana. Afr J AIDS Res, 20(4), 270-276.
- Nelson JR, Gren LH, Dickerson TT, Manortey S, Alder S (2021). Using the Health Belief Model to explore rural maternal utilization of skilled health personnel for childbirth delivery: a qualitative study in three districts of the Eastern Region of Ghana. J Glob Health Rep, 5, e2021102.
- Moustafa M, Mali ME, Lopez-Verdugo F, Sanyang O, Nellermoe J, Price RR, Manortey S, Biritwum-Nyarko A, Ofei I, Sorensen J, Goldsmith A, Brownson KE, Kumah A, Sutherland E (2021). Surveying and mapping breast cancer services in Ghana: a cross-sectional pilot study in the Eastern Region. BMJ Open, 11(11).
- Afakorzi SH, Manortey S (2021). Determinants of COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance in the Ashaiman Municipality of the Greater Accra Region, Ghana. International Journal of Science and Research, 10(2), 831-839.
- Manortey S, Adamaley S (2021). Factors associated with noncompliance to hypertension treatment in adults in a district health facility in north Dayi in the Volta region of Ghana. Int J Noncommun Dis, 6(4), 199-205.
- Ofori L, Manortey S, Vetsi O, Nartey C, Ugorji HO (2020). Factors Contributing to Anaemia in Children under Five Years in the Ga East Municipality, Ghana. Journal of Research and Reports in Hematology, 3(2), 26-40.
- Kwabeng MA, Kyei KA, Manortey S, Vanderpuye V, Kitson-Mills D, Yarney J, Talboys S (2020). Assessment of clinical outcome and health insurance coverage among patients with breast cancer. J Public Health Afr, 11, 1344.
- Raleigh M, Manortey S (2020). Contraceptive Use among Adolescents: Evidence from a Suburb of Tema Metropolis in Ghana. Ghana Weekly Epidemiological Report, 34(5).
- Quartey A, Bedzo JY, Manortey S (2020). Impact of Mass Drug Administration on Prevalence of Schistosomiasis in Eight Riverine Communities in the Asuogyaman District of the Eastern Region, Ghana. Int J Trop Dis Health, 41(15), 18-32.
- Odukoya OO, Manortey S, Takemoto M, Alder S, Okuyemi KS (2020). Body, Soul and Spirit, an adaptation of two evidence-based interventions to promote physical activity and healthy eating among adults in churches in Lagos Nigeria: a three-arm cluster randomized controlled pilot trial. Pilot Feasibility Stud, 6(59).
- Manortey S, Kugbega S (2020). Exploring the Relationship between Advertisement of Alcohol on Consumption and the Perceived Health Implications among the Youth in the Ashaiman Municipality, Ghana . Glob J Med Res, 20(2), 11-20.
- Manortey S, Taylor R (2020). Exploring the prevalence and factors associated with anaemia in pregnancy; a cross-sectional study at Tema General Hospital in the Greater Accra Region, Ghana. Researchjournali’s Journal of Public Health, 6(2), 1-21.
- Manortey S, Buabeng A (2020). Assessing the Uptake of Supervised Delivery in the Akuapem South District in the Eastern Region of Ghana. . OAlib, 7(3), 1-21.
- Bedzo JY, Chobbah S, Manortey S (2020). Factors Influencing Enrolment Into The National Health Insurance Scheme: A Case Study Of Lower Manya-Krobo Municipality - Eastern Region, Ghana. Researchjournali’s Journal of Public Health, 6(3), 1-17.
- Manortey S, Rashid R (2020). Knowledge and Perception of Cervical Cancer and Its Prevention among Female Nurses in the Ga South Municipality, Ghana. American Journal of Nursing Research, 8(2), 254-262.
- Manortey S, Missah K (2020). Determinants of Male Involvement in Family Planning Services: A Case Study in Tema Metropolis, Ghana. OAlib, 7(e6043), 1-21.
- Bedzo JY, Manortey S (2019). Factors Influencing Teenage Pregnancy in the Lower Manya Krobo Municipality in the Eastern Region of Ghana: A Cross-Sectional Study. OAlib, 6(12), 1-7.
- Sifa JS, Manortey S, Talboys S, Ansa GA, Houphouet EE (2019). Risk factors for loss to follow-up in human immunodeficiency virus care in the Greater Accra Regional Hospital in Ghana: a retrospective cohort study. International Health, 11(6), 605-612.
- Obasi M, Manortey S, Kyei KA, Addo MK, Talboys S, Gay L, Baiden F (2019). Sexual and reproductive health of adolescents in schools for people with disabilities. Pan African Medical Journal, 33(1), 299.
- Kitson-Mills D, Sovoe SOpoku-Ntim I, Adesi Kyei K, Manortey S, Anim-Sampong S, Addo Kwabeng M, Otoo F, Baiden F (2019). An assessment of indoor radon level in a suburb of Ghana. Environ Res Commun.
- Manortey S, Geh KE (2018). Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Information among Female Adolescents in Selected Senior High Schools in the Lower Manya Krobo Municipality, Ghana. Applied Science and Innovative Research, 2(4), 180-192.
- Manortey S, Mensah PA, Acheampong GK (2018). Evaluating Factors Associated with the Use of Aphrodisiacs among Adult Male Residents in Ashaiman Municipality, Ghana. OAlib, 5(e4876), 1-22.
- Manortey S, Agyemang DO (2018). Awareness and Knowledge of Cervical Cancer among Female Senior High School Students in Lower Manya Krobo Municipal in Ghana. J Sci Res Rep, 19(2), 1-11.
- Smiley KE, Ofori L, Spangler C, Acquaah-Arhin R, Deh D, Enos J, Manortey S, Baiden F, Finlayson SR, Price RR, McCrum M (2018). Quality and Safety Initiatives at the Volta River Authority Hospital in Akosombo, Ghana. World J Surg, 1432-2323.
- Manortey S, Lotsu P (2017). Factors affecting contraceptive use among reproductive aged women: a case study in Worawora township, Ghana. J Sci Res Rep, 13(1), 1-9.
- Manortey S, Duah WT, Baiden F (2016). Factors associated with the use of emergency contraceptive pills among students of the Takoradi Polytechnic in Ghana. J Sci Res Rep, 12(3), 1-10.
- Manortey S, Acheampong G (2016). A spatial perspective to the distribution of healthcare facilities and health personnel in the Eastern Region of Ghana. OAlib, 3, 1-13.
- Baiden F, Kuuzume-Dery P, Manortey S, Abraham H (2015). Exploring the contribution of hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia to the aetiology of nosebleeds and early strokes in Ghana. Angiogenesis, 18(4), 549-550.
- Manortey S, VanDerslice J, Alder S, Henry K, Crookston B, Dickerson T, Benson S (2014). Spatial Analysis of factors associated with household subscription to the NHIS in rural Ghana. J Public Health Afr, 5(1), 1-8.
- Manortey S, Alder S, Crookston B, Dickerson T, VanDerslice J, Benson S (2014). Social deterministic factors to participation in the NHIS in the context of rural Ghanaian setting. J Public Health Afr, 5(1), 51-56.
- Manortey S, Carey A, Ansong D, Harvey R, Good B, Boaheng J, Crookston B, Dickerson T (2011). Verbal autopsy: an analysis of the common causes of childhood death in the Barekese sub-district of Ghana. J Public Health Afr, 2(2), 73-77.
- Lawson J S, Manortey S (2010). Optimal maintenance strategy for Technology-enhanced classrooms: a case study. Qual Reliab Eng Int, 26(3), 305-313.
- de Schweinitz P, Ansong D, Manortey S, Amuasi J, Boakye I (2009). Evaluating international collaboration: differential perceptions of partnership in a CBPR project in Ghana. J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics, 4(4), 52-67.