Departments: Radiation Oncology - Associate Professor (Clinical)
Academic Office Information
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Radiation Oncology Electronic Medical Record
Yu-Huei Jessica Huang, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Utah. Dr. Huang serves as the Associate Clinical Director of Medical Physics Operation and Division Director of Brachytherapy Operation at Huntsman Cancer Hospital.
Dr. Huang earned her BSc degree from National Yang Ming University in Taiwan. She received her PhD in Medical Physics from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. Dr. Huang is a member of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) Task Group No. 262 – Electronic Charting of Radiation Therapy Planning and Treatment, which define standards for Radiation Oncology Electronic Medical Record (RO-EMR) practice. Dr. Huang is an active member of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), American Brachytherapy Society (ABS), and American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO). She also serves as a surveyor for the ASTRO Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx), a program which accredits radiation oncology departments nationwide. Dr. Huang’s main clinical and research interests are brachytherapy and RO-EMR.
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Radiological Sciences, Therapeutic Medical Physics
National Yang-Ming University
Medical Radiation Technology
- Jeremy N Kunz, Y Jessica Huang, Anthony C Casper, Gita Suneja, Lindsay M Burt, Anuja Jhingran, Melissa M Joyner, Matt Harkenrider, William Small, Jonathan D Grant, Elizabeth A Kidd, Ken Boucher, David K Gaffney (). Dosimetric Review to Organs at Risk from Short Course Adjuvant Vaginal Cuff Brachytherapy in Early Endometrial Cancer Compared to Standard of Care (SAVE). [Abstract]. (Epub ahead of print)
- Christopher R Weil, Fadi Haroun, Kevin Guo, Ryan D Kraus, Hui Zhao, Lindsay M Burt, Gita Suneja, Cristina DeCesaris, Y Jessica Huang, David K Gaffney (2023). Importance of Radiographic Tumor Regression during Radiotherapy in Squamous Cell versus Adenocarcinoma of the Uterine Cervix as Assessed by MRI and Cone Beam CT. European Journal of Gynecologic Oncology.
- Hutten RJ, Fenlon JB, Kessel AC, Straessler KM, Huang YJ, Gaffney DK, Suneja G, Zempolich K, Burt LM (2022). Radical trachelectomy and adjuvant vaginal brachytherapy to preserve fertility in pediatric cervical adenocarcinoma. Brachytherapy, 21(6), 764-768.
- Xing Li, Jessica Huang, Robabeh Rahimi, Hui Zhao, Jeremy Kunz, Gita Suneja, Fan-Chi Su (2022). A novel approach for Venezia ovoid commissioning with a comprehensive analysis of source positions in high-dose-rate brachytherapy . Brachytherapy, 22(1), 93-100.
- Hui Zhao, Adam Paxton, Vikren Sarkar, Ryan G Price, Jessica Huang, Fan-Chi Frances Su, Xing Li, Prema Rassiah, Martin Szegedi, Bill Salter (2022). Surface-Guided Patient Setup Versus Traditional Tattoo Markers for Radiation Therapy: Is Tattoo-Less Setup Feasible for Thorax, Abdomen and Pelvis Treatment? Cureus, 14(8), e28644.
- Hui Zhao, Christine Haacke, Ryan Price, Martin Szegedi, YuHuei Jessica Huang, Prema rassiah, Adam Paxton, Fan-Chi Su, Vikren Sarkar, Bill Salter (2022). Initial Evaluation of Varian Identify System (Version 2.3) [Abstract]. 49(6), e839.
- Xing Li, YuHuei Jessica Huang, Karolyn Hopfensperfer, Stephen Bhagroo, Hui Zhao, Jeremy Kunz, Geoffrey Nelson, Fan-Chi Su (2022). Source Position Uncertainty in the Venezia Advanced Gynecological Applicator for High-Dose-Rate Bachytherapy [Abstract]. 49(6), e817.
- Ryan Price, YuHuei Jessica Huang, Bill Salter (2022). Departmental Quality, Safety and Health: Predicting Dosimetry Staff Stress Levels and RO-ILS Events as a Function of Planning and Scheduling Metrics [Abstract]. 49(6), e882.
- Matthew W Parsons, Y Jessica Huang, Lindsay Burt, Gita Suneja, David Gaffney (2022). Fractionation Regimens in Vaginal Cuff Brachytherapy for Endometrial Cancer- A review. [Review]. Int J Gynecol Cancer, 32(3), 311-315.
- Y Jessica Huang, David K Gaffney (2022). Brachytherapy: Common Pitfalls. [Review]. Int J Gynecol Cancer, 32(3), 352-357.
- Xing Li, Fan-Chi Su, Vikren Sarkar, Hui Zhao, Sergio Ibanez, Jeremy N Kunz, Geoff Nelson, Y Jessica Huang (2022). Impact of Detector Selection on Commissioning of Leipzig Surface Applicators with Improving Immobilization in High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy. Brachytherapy, 21(4), 511-519.
- Y Jessica Huang, Vikren Sarkar, Adam Paxton, Hui Zhao, Frances Fan-Chi Su, Ryan Price, Bill J Salter (2021). An Investigation of Radiation Treatment Learning Opportunities in Relation to the Radiation Oncology Electronic Medical Record (RO-EMR): A Single Institution Experience. Adv Radiat Oncol, 7(1).
- James G Mechalakos, Sonja Dieterich, Luis E Fong de los Santos, Sandra C Fontenla, Joseph Hanley, Vijay A Harwalkar, Linda X Hong, Y Jessica Huang, Grace Gwe-Ya Kim, Susan L Richardson, Steven G Sutlief, Sridhar Yaddanapudi, Sue Merkel, Mark Parry (2021). Electronic Charting of Radiation Therapy Planning and Treatment: Report of Task Group 262 (0094-2405). Medical Physics: American Association of Physicists in Medicine.
- James G Mechalakos, Sonja Dieterich, Luis E Fong de los Santos, Sandra C Fontenla, Joseph Hanley, Vijay A Harwalkar, Linda X Hong, Y Jessica Huang, Grace Gwe-Ya Kim, Susan L Richardson, Steven G Sutlief, Sridhar Yaddanapudi, Sue Merkel, Mark Parry (2021). Electronic Charting of Radiation Therapy Planning and Treatment: Report of Task Group 262. Med Phys, 48(11), e927-e968.
- H Zhao, F Su, X Li, J Kunz, P Rassiah, K Hopfensperger, G Stinner, Y Huang (2021). Evaluation of MIM Symphony treatment planning system for post Prostate Seed Implant (PPSI) Planning [Abstract]. 48(6).
- RG Price, YJ Huang, BJ Salter (2021). Development of a Text-Mining based Methodology for the Identification of Trending Topics in a Radiation Oncology Incident Learning Database [Abstract]. 48(6).
- KM Hopfensperger, J Kun, X Li, H Zhao, G Nelson, FCF Su, G Stinnett, D Gaffney, L Burt, G Suneja, YJ Huang (2021). Effects Of Interfractional Variations In MCVC Placement And Rotation On HR-CTV And OAR Dose [Abstract]. 20(3), S70.
- X Li, G Stinnett, FCF Su, H Zhao, J Kunz, G Nelson, YJ Huang (2021). An experimental study to determine the optimal source dwell positions in Leipzig surface applicators [Abstract]. 20(3), S59-S60.
- RJ Hutten, YJ Huang, DK Gaffney (2021). Stereotactic body radiotherapy for the treatment of gynecologic malignancies: Passing fancy or here to stay. Gynecol Oncol, 161(3), 642-644.
- AB Paxton, V Sarkar, J Kunz, MW Szegedi, H Zhao, YJ Huang, GS Nelson, P Rassiah, F Su, BJ Salter (2020). Evaluation of the effects of implementing a diode transmission device into the clinical workflow. Phys Med, 80, 335-341.
- FCF Su, X Li, YJ Huang, H Zhao, G Nelson, M Szegedi, P Rassiah, J Kunz, G Stinnett, BJ Salter (2020). Dosimetric Variations in Gynecological HDR Brachytherapy Planning using a Hybrid HDR Applicator [Abstract]. 108(3), E484-E485.
- G Nelson, A Paxton, J Kunz, J Huang, M Szegedi, V Sarkar, B Salter (2020). FMEA occurrence values for four failure modes occurring using look-up tables for dose calculations. J Appl Clin Med Phys, 22(2), 9-12.
- Zhao H, Paxton A, Sarkar V, Huang YJ, Su FC, Haache C, Rassiah-Szegedi P, Szegedi M, Salter BS (2020). Prevention of radiation therapy treatment deviations by a novel combined biometric, radio-frequency identification, and surface imaging system. Pract Radiat Oncol, 11(2), e229-e235.
- Y Huang, F Su, X Li, H Zhao, G Nelson, M Szegedi, L Burt, D Gaffney, G Suneja, B Salter (2020). A Feasibility Study of MRI Guided Pre-Plan Using Advanced Gynecological Applicator Venezia [Abstract]. 47(6), e680-e681.
- X Li, F Su, Y Huang, G Stinnett, H Zhao, J Kunz, G Nelson, M Szegedi, B Salter (2020). Commissioning of Venezia Lunar Ovoid Applicator Using Electron Autoradiograph [Abstract]. 47(6), e722-e723.
- H Zhao, A Paxton, V Sarkar, Y Huang, F Su, G Stinnett, P Rassiah-Szegedi, M Szegedi, R Price, X Li, C Dial, J Kunz, G Nelson, B Salter (2020). Feasibility of Using Surface Guided Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) in Conjunction with CBCT for Target Localization for Radiation Therapy [Abstract]. 47(6), e620.
- V Sarkar, A Paxton, J Kunz, M Szegedi, G Nelson, P Rassiah-Szegedi, H Zhao, Y Huang, F Su, B Salter (2020). Validation of a Software Module to Verify the Fidelity of Arc Plan Delivery in Real Time [Abstract]. 47(6), e876.
- Prema Rassiah, Fan-Chi Frances Su, Y Jessica Huang, Dan Spitznagel, Vikren Sarkar, Martin W Szegedi, Hui Zhao, Adam B Paxton, Geoff Nelson, Bill J Salter (2020). Using Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to Generate an Initial Plan Check Checklist for Improved Safety in Radiation Treatment. J Appl Clin Med Phys, 21(8), 83-91.
- F Su, YJ Huang, P Rassiah, BJ Salter (2020). FMEA guided transition from microSelectron® to Flexitron® for HDR brachytherapy. Brachytherapy, 19(2), 241-248.
- V Sarkar, A Paxton, J Kunz, M Szegedi, G Nelson, P RassiahSzegedi, H Zhao, YJ Huang, F Su, BJ Salter (2019). A systematic evaluation of the error detection abilities of a new diode transmission detector. J Appl Clin Med Phys, 20(9), 122.
|Undergraduate||National Yang-Ming University
Medical Radiation Technology