Sharon L. Talboys, PhD, MPH
Languages spoken: English
Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Associate Professor (Lecturer)
Divisions: Public Health
Academic Office Information
University of Utah School of Medicine
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health
International Health, Behavioral Science and Health Education
State University of New York at Geneseo
Anthropology (minors in Biology, Studio Art)
- Ocran B, Talboys S, Shoaf K (2022). Conflicting HIV/AIDS Sex Education Policies and Mixed Messaging among Educators and Students in the Lower Manya Krobo Municipality, Ghana. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 19(23).
- Kwabeng MA, Kyei KA, Manortey S, Vanderpuye V, Kitson-Mills D, Yarney J, Talboys S (2020). Assessment of clinical outcome and health insurance coverage among patients with breast cancer. J Public Health Afr, 11(1), 1344.
- Qeadan F, Akofua Mensah N, Tingey B, Bern R, Rees T, Talboys S, Pal Singh T, Lacey S, Shoaf K (2020). What Protective Health Measures Are Americans Taking in Response to COVID-19? Results from the COVID Impact Survey. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 17(17).
- Sharon Talboys, K Shoaf, S Godin, FA Hipol (2020). Utah Maternal and Child Health and Children with Special Healthcare Statewide Needs Assessment 2020, Utah Department of Health http://health.utah.gov/mch/documents/Utah%20Title%20V%20Needs%20Assessment%20Report/2020%20Utah%20MCH_CSHCN%20Needs%20Assessment.pdf . Utah Department of Health: University of Utah.
- Bondah, EK, Gren LH, Talboys S (2020). Prevalence, Drinking Patterns, and Risk Factors of alcohol use and early onset among Ghanaian Senior High School students. 6.
- Obasi M, Manortey S, Kyei KA, Addo MK, Talboys S, Gay L, Baiden F (2019). Sexual and reproductive health of adolescents in schools for people with disabilities. Pan Afr Med J, 33, 299.
- V Sifa, J S, Manortey, S, Talboys S, Ansa, G A, Houphouet, E E (2019). Risk factors for loss to follow-up in human immunodeficiency virus care in the Greater Accra Regional Hospital in Ghana: a retrospective cohort study.
- Talboys SL, Kaur M, VanDerslice J, Gren LH, Bhattacharya H, Alder SC (2017). What Is Eve Teasing? A Mixed Methods Study of Sexual Harassment of Young Women in the Rural Indian Context. Sage Open, 7(1), 215824401769716.
- Talboys S, Kaur M, VanDerslice J, Gren LH, Bhattacharya H, Sandhu AK, Alder SC (2016). Is eve teasing a public health problem? Public sexual harassment in rural India and its association with common mental disorders and suicide ideation among young women ages 15-24; 7th Annual Global Health Conference, Consortium of Universities for Global Health, San Francisco, CA [Abstract]. Annals of Global Health, 82(3), 561-2.
- Talboys SL (2015). The public health impact of eve teasing: Public sexual harassment and its association with common mental disorders and suicide ideation among young women in rural Punjab, India. (Doctoral dissertation, THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH – Proquest http://pqdtopen.proquest.com/doc/1774373148.html?FMT=AI).
- Alder SC, Clark JD, White GL Jr, Talboys S, Mottice S (2004). Physician preparedness for bioterrorism recognition and response: a Utah-based needs assessment. Disaster Manag Response, 2(3), 69-74.
- Talboys S, Clark SL (1999). Perceptions of the Children’s Health Insurance Program: A qualitative study of English and Spanish speaking clients of the Community Health Centers in Salt Lake City Utah. Community Health Centers Inc..
- Talboys S, Clark, SL (1997). Increasing the utilization and sustainability of primary healthcare services provided by a private voluntary organization in Rural Bolivia. Masters Thesis , Emory University School of Public Health. Masters Thesis , Emory University School of Public Health.
|Invited Speaker: Global Summit on Science and Spirituality for World Peace, MIT University, Pune, India||India|
|Co-Instructor, National Workshop on Mixed Methods Research, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India||India|
|Workshop Coordinator and Resource Person. Indo-US Bilateral Workshop on Collaborative Leadership in Public Health. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India||India|