Mark Ibrahim, MD
Languages spoken: English
Departments: Internal Medicine - Adjunct Associate Professor, Radiology and Imaging Sciences - Adjunct Assistant Professor
Divisions: Cardiovascular Medicine, Clinical Radiology
Academic Office Information
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Cardiovascular Disease)
- Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Certification Board of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- National Board of Echocardiography (Special Competence in Adult Echocardiography)
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Cardiac Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging - MRI
- Computed Tomography - CT
Dr. Ibrahim is a full-time Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Utah School of Medicine. He is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Radiology in the Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences. He serves as a co-director of the advanced cardiac imaging services and the associate program director of the advanced cardiac imaging fellowship training program.
Dr. Ibrahim clinical interests include the prevention, diagnosis, and management of patients with cardiovascular diseases including coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathy, cardiac arrhythmias, hyperlipidemia, aortopathy and hypertension. He has special interest in using contemporary state-of-art non-invasive imaging techniques to provide precise diagnosis. He is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular medicine, echocardiography, cardiovascular magnetic resonance, cardiovascular computed tomography and cardiac nuclear imaging.
Dr. Ibrahim’s research interests focus on developing non-invasive assessment of myocardial ischemia using dynamic CT myocardial perfusion and incorporating innovative machine learning algorithms to enhance the diagnostic precision and improve provider efficiency. He is also studying myocardial strain assessment via cardiac MRI in different types of cardiomyopathies.
University of Utah School of Medicine
Advanced Cardiac Imaging
University of Illinois College of Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Wayne State University School of Medicine/Detroit Medical Center
||Postdoctoral Research Associate|
Damascus University School of Medicine
Histology and Cell Biology
Tishreen University School of Medicine
- Marashly Q, Gopinath C, Baher A, Acharya M, Kheirkhahan M, Hardisty B, Aljuaid M, Tawhari I, Ibrahim M, Morris AK, Kholmovski EG, Wilson BD, Marrouche NF, Chelu MG (2021). Late Gadolinium Enhancement Magnetic Resonance Imaging Evaluation of Post-Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Esophageal Thermal Injury Across the Spectrum of Severity. . J Am Heart Assoc, 10(1161).
- Epstein J, Bieging E, Dranow L, Ibrahim, M (2021). Association Between Myocardial Strain by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Ischemic Stroke in Left Ventricular Noncompaction Cardiomyopathy [Abstract].
- Daud, A, Dranow L, Ibrahim, M (2021). Effect of Weight Loss Surgery on Pericardial Fat Volume Assessed by Chest Computed Tomography [Abstract].
- Tandar A, Sharma V, Ibrahim M, Jones T, Morgan D, Montzingo C, Lee J, Birgenheier N, Silverton N, Abraham A, Welt FGP, Glotzbach JP (2021). Preventing or Minimizing Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. J Invasive Cardiol, 33(1), E32-E39.
- Gunasekaran S, Haji-Valizadeh H, Lee DC, Avery RJ, Wilson BD, Ibrahim M, Markl M, Passman RS, Kholmovski EG, Kim D (2020). Accelerated 3D Left Atrial Late Gadolinium Enhancement in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation at 1.5 T: Technical Development. Radiol Cardiothorac Imaging, 2(5), e200134.
- Ibrahim MM, Fang JC (2019). Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Cardiac Allografts: What's Next? Circ Cardiovasc Imaging, 12(10), e009784.
- Alexander Ross, Anna Catino, Promporn Suksaranjit, Majd Ibrahim and Brent Wilson (2019). Improved Detection of Left Atrial Appendage Thrombus Utilizing Microbubble Contrast [Abstract]. 73(9), Supplement 1 1442.
- Tian Y, Mendes J, Pedgaonkar A, Ibrahim M, Jensen L, Schroeder JD, Wilson B, DiBella EVR, Adluru G (2019). Feasibility of multiple-view myocardial perfusion MRI using radial simultaneous multi-slice acquisitions. PLoS One, 14(2), e0211738.
- Ibrahim M, Wattanakit K, Barzallo M, Mungee S (2018). Quadricuspid Aortic Valve Stenosis: Expanding Our Experience in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation. J Invasive Cardiol, 30(3), E27.
- Ibrahim M, Rashid J, Kurtz SC, Mungee S (2017). The telescoping aorta: a case of circumferential aortic dissection with intimo-intimal intussusception into the left ventricle.LID - bcr-2017-221399 [pii]LID - 10.1136/bcr-2017-221399 [doi]. BMJ Case Rep, 2017.
- Stolker JM, Hadid M, Hussain ZM, Rough SJ, Ibrahim M, Kennedy KF, Safley DM, Baklanov DV, Neumayr RH (2016). Training the next generation of invasive cardiologists: Feasibility of implementing a trans-radial access program at an academic hospital. Cardiovasc Revasc Med, 17(7), 431-437.
- Ibrahim M, Rabjohns R, Kurtz SC, Malik MF (2016). The 'all-right' man: a case of three coronary arteries all arising from the right sinus of Valsalva.LID - 10.1136/bcr-2015-214171 [doi]LID - bcr2015214171 [pii]. BMJ Case Rep, 2016.
- Lavin J, Ibrahim M, Mulcrone A, Hafner JW, Jr, Gumm DC, McCrae RP, Jr, Wang H (2016). Efficacy and Safety Performance of an Evidence-Based Cardiac Stress Testing Protocol in an Emergency Department Chest Pain Unit [Abstract]. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 68(4), S41.
- Ibrahim M, Gumm DC (2015). Left ventricular pseudoaneurysm following undiagnosed myocardial infarction: the curious case of the woman with three ventricles.LID - 10.1136/bcr-2015-211597 [doi]LID - bcr2015211597 [pii]. BMJ Case Rep, 2015.
- Ibrahim M, Banga S, Venkatapuram S, Mungee S (2015). Transient cardiogenic shock during a crisis of pheochromocytoma triggered by high-dose exogenous corticosteroids.LID - 10.1136/bcr-2014-208683 [doi]LID - bcr2014208683 [pii]. BMJ Case Rep, 2015.
- Ibrahim M, Badin A, Mungee S (2014). Right Ventricle Foreign Body: A Case of Migrating Iliac Stent Entrapped in the Tricuspid Valve. J Med Cases, 5(2), 636-638.
- Sethi S, Ali-Fehmi R, Franceschi S, Struijk L, van Doorn LJ, Quint W, Albashiti B, Ibrahim M, Kato I (2012). Characteristics and survival of head and neck cancer by HPV status: a cancer registry-based study. Int J Cancer, 131(5), 1179-86.
- Ibrahim M, Staros EB (2012). Sputum Culture. Medscape J Med.
- Stolker J, Rough SJ, Hussain Z, Hadid M, Ibrahim M, Neumayr RH, Lim MJ (2011). Effect of Adopting a Trans-Radial Access Program on Resource Utilization and Efficiency of an Academic Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory [Abstract]. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 58(20sl), B144-B145.
- Ali O, Daifallah S, Zmily H, Zalawadiya S, Farah J, Ibrahim M, Ghali JK (2010). Higher Mortality in African Americans Hospitalized with Heart Failure [Abstract]. Journal of Cardiac Failure, 16(8), S 94.
- Zmily HD, Daifallah S, Zalawadiya S, Farah JO, Ali O, Ibrahim M, Levy P, Ghali JK (2009). Troponin Profiles in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure: The Relevance of Change [Abstract]. Circulation, 120, S729.
|Graduate Training||Damascus University School of Medicine
Histology and Cell Biology
|Professional Medical||Tishreen University School of Medicine