Fares Qeadan, PhD
Languages spoken: English
Departments: Internal Medicine - Adjunct Associate Professor
Academic Office Information
Fares Qeadan, PHD, MS, MES, is an Associate Professor of Biostatistics in the Division of Public Health and serves as the biostatistician for the GI Tissue Bank at the Division of Gastroenterology. His research focuses on tribal health, health disparities, clinical and translational science. He also works on developing statistical methods for immunology data, mixed effects modeling, and distribution theory. He uses big data (EMR/EHR) to study health problems such as the opioid epidemic. Dr. Qeadan brings passion to education with rich experience in teaching biostatistics and mentoring; he enjoys connecting students to research experiences that prepares them for success.
University of New Mexico
Michigan State University
University of Nevada
University of Nevada
Mathematics and Computer Science
- Carmody MD, Cruz TH, Soto Mas F, Qeadan F, Handal AJ (2020). Violence and the Academic Lives of College Students at the Intersection of Race/Ethnicity and Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. J Interpers Violence, 886260520958654.
- Petrey AC, Qeadan F, Middleton EA, Pinchuk IV, Campbell RA, Beswick EJ (2020). Cytokine release syndrome in COVID-19: Innate immune, vascular, and platelet pathogenic factors differ in severity of disease and sex. J Leukoc Biol, 109(1), 55-66.
- Qeadan F, Akofua Mensah N, Tingey B, Bern R, Rees T, Talboys S, Pal Singh T, Lacey S, Shoaf K (2020). What Protective Health Measures Are Americans Taking in Response to COVID-19? Results from the COVID Impact Survey. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 17(17).
- Peterson K, Lin E, Saffari H, Qeadan F, Pyne A, Firszt R, Robson J, Gleich G (2020). Food-specific antibodies in oesophageal secretions: association with trigger foods in eosinophilic oesophagitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 52(6), 997-1007.
- Ali B, Shetty A, Qeadan F, Demas C, Schwartz JD (2019). Sternoclavicular Joint Infections: Improved Outcomes With Myocutaneous Flaps. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 32(2), 369-376.
- Rogers CR, Moore JX, Qeadan F, Gu LY, Huntington MS, Holowatyj AN (2020). Examining factors underlying geographic disparities in early-onset colorectal cancer survival among men in the United States. Am J Cancer Res, 10(5), 1592-1607.
- Qeadan F, Honda T, Gren LH, Dailey-Provost J, Benson LS, VanDerslice JA, Porucznik CA, Waters AB, Lacey S, Shoaf K (2020). Naive Forecast for COVID-19 in Utah Based on the South Korea and Italy Models-the Fluctuation between Two Extremes. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 17(8).
- Martinez JA, Qeadan F, Burge MR (2019). Hypothyroidism, Sex, and Age Predict Future Thromboembolic Events Among Younger People. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 105(4).
- Qeadan F, Bansal P, Hanson JA, Beswick EJ (2020). The MK2 pathway is linked to G-CSF, cytokine production and metastasis in gastric cancer: a novel intercorrelation analysis approach. J Transl Med, 18(1), 137.
- Nelson LF, Yocum VK, Patel KD, Qeadan F, Hsi A, Weitzen S (2020). Cognitive Outcomes of Young Children After Prenatal Exposure to Medications for Opioid Use Disorder: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Netw Open, 3(3), e201195.
- Azagba S, Shan L, Manzione LC, Latham K, Rogers C, Qeadan F (2020). Single cigarette purchasers among adult U.S. smokers. Prev Med Rep, 17, 101055.
- Madden EF, Qeadan F (2019). Racial inequities in U.S. naloxone prescriptions. Subst Abus, 41(2), 232-244.
- Azagba S, Shan L, Latham K, Qeadan F (2019). Trends in cigarette smoking among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the USA: 1992-2015. Cancer Causes Control, 31(1), 73-82.
- Azagba S, Shan L, Latham K, Qeadan F (2019). Disparities in adult cigarette smoking and smokeless tobacco use by sexual identity. Drug Alcohol Depend, 206, 107684.
- Azagba S, Shan L, Manzione L, Qeadan F, Wolfson M (2019). Trends in Opioid Misuse among Marijuana Users and Non-Users in the U.S. from 2007-2017. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 16(22).
- Azagba S, Latham K, Shan L, Qeadan F (2019). Positive drug test trends in fatally-injured drivers in the United States from 2007 to 2017. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy, 14(1), 43.
- Kroth PJ, Morioka-Douglas N, Veres S, Babbott S, Poplau S, Qeadan F, Parshall C, Corrigan K, Linzer M (2019). Association of Electronic Health Record Design and Use Factors With Clinician Stress and Burnout. JAMA Netw Open, 2(8), e199609.