Departments: Biomedical Informatics - Clinical Associate Professor
Academic Office Information
Research Informatics Shared Resource
2000 Circle of Hope, Room: 1720
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Biomedical Informatics
- Research Data Warehouse
- Healthcare and Informatics Standards, Terminologies and Classifications
Andrew Post, MD, PhD is Director of Research Informatics at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI), and he also is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical Informatics. He has 15 years of experience in healthcare data management for cohort discovery, clinical trial accrual, analytics, and simplifying access to electronic health record (EHR) data for research in cancer and other disease domains. He also has 11 years of experience in leading software engineering and data warehousing teams in healthcare. At HCI, Dr. Post leads all aspects of the Research Informatics Shared Resource, which develops and supports data management software applications spanning the translational spectrum from genetic testing to population data. In his previous position at Emory University, Dr. Post served as informatics program director for the Georgia Clinical and Translational Science Alliance (Georgia CTSA), led informatics for Emory for the All of Us Research Program, and led data analytics and data warehousing projects for Emory Healthcare’s IT department. His research interests include enhancing self-service access to EHR data for population studies, and systems software architectures for clinical and translational research.
I aim to eliminate barriers to clinical data access for research and quality improvement. My research interests include enhancing self-service access to EHR data for research, systems software architectures for clinical and translational research, and the analytics-enabled electronic health record.
|Post Graduate Training||
University of Pittsburgh
University of Pittsburgh
|Post Graduate Training||
University of Pittsburgh Center for Biomedical Informatics
National Library of Medicine Medical Informatics Training Program
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
- Morris BB, Smith JP, Zhang Q, Jiang Z, Hampton OA, Churchman ML, Arnold SM, Owen DH, Gray JE, Dillon PM, Soliman HH, Stover DG, Colman H, Chakravarti A, Shain KH, Silva AS, Villano JL, Vogelbaum MA, Borges VF, Akerley WL, Gentzler RD, Hall RD, Matsen CB, Ulrich CM, Post AR, Nix DA, Singer EA, Larner JM, Stukenberg PT, Jones DR, Mayo MW (2022). Replicative Instability Drives Cancer Progression. Biomolecules, 12(11).
- Post AR, Burningham Z, Halwani AS (2022). Electronic Health Record Data in Cancer Learning Health Systems: Challenges and Opportunities. [Review]. JCO Clin Cancer Inform, 6, e2100158.
- Post AR, Luther J, Loveless JM, Ward M, Hewitt S (2021). Enhancing research informatics core user satisfaction through agile practices. JAMIA Open, 4(4), ooab103.
- Post A, Chappidi N, Gunda D, Deshpande N (2019). A Method for EHR Phenotype Management in an i2b2 Data Warehouse. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc, 2019, 92-101.
- Post AR, Ai M, Kalsanka Pai A, Overcash M, Stephens DS (2018). Architecting the Data Loading Process for an i2b2 Research Data Warehouse: Full Reload versus Incremental Updating. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 2017, 1411-1420.
- DeSimone AK, Post A, Duszak R Jr, Duong PT (2017). Radiology Trainee vs Faculty Radiologist Fluoroscopy Time for Imaging-Guided Procedures: A Retrospective Study of 17,966 Reports Over a 5.5-Year Period. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol, 47(4), 233-237.
- Post AR, Pai AK, Willard R, May BJ, West AC, Agravat S, Granite SJ, Winslow RL, Stephens DS (2016). Metadata-driven Clinical Data Loading into i2b2 for Clinical and Translational Science Institutes. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc, 2016, 184-93.
- Post AR, Kurc T, Willard R, Rathod H, Mansour M, Pai AK, Torian WM, Agravat S, Sturm S, Saltz JH (2013). Temporal abstraction-based clinical phenotyping with Eureka! AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 2013, 1160-9.
- Post AR, Kurc T, Cholleti S, Gao J, Lin X, Bornstein W, Cantrell D, Levine D, Hohmann S, Saltz JH (2013). The Analytic Information Warehouse (AIW): a platform for analytics using electronic health record data. J Biomed Inform, 46(3), 410-24.
- Brown J, Ahamad M, Ahmed M, Blough DM, Kurc T, Post A, Saltz J (2013). Redactable and auditable data access for bioinformatics research. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc, 2013, 21-5.
- Post AR, Krc T, Rathod H, Agravat S, Mansour M, Torian W, Saltz JH (2013). Semantic ETL into i2b2 with Eureka! AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc, 2013, 203-7.
- Gardner J, Xiong L, Xiao Y, Gao J, Post AR, Jiang X, Ohno-Machado L (2012). SHARE: system design and case studies for statistical health information release. J Am Med Inform Assoc, 20(1), 109-16.
- Mohan A, Blough DM, Kurc T, Post A, Saltz J (2011). Detection of Conflicts and Inconsistencies in Taxonomy-based Authorization Policies. Proceedings (IEEE Int Conf Bioinformatics Biomed), 2011, 590-594.
- Kim M, Cobb J, Harrold MJ, Kurc T, Orso A, Saltz J, Post A, Malhotra K, Navathe S (2012). Efficient Regression Testing of Ontology-Driven Systems. 320-30.
- Cholleti S, Post A, Gao J, Lin X, Bornstein W, Cantrell D, Saltz J (2012). Leveraging derived data elements in data analytic models for understanding and predicting hospital readmissions. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 2012, 103-11.
- Winslow R, Saltz J, Foster I, Carr JJ, Ge Y, Miller M, Younes L, Geman D, Granite S, Kurc T, Post A, Madduri R, Ratnanather T, Larkin J, Ardekani S, Brown T, Kolasny A, Reynolds K, Shipway M (2011). The CardioVascular Research Grid (CVRG) Project. 77-81.
- Kim M, Kurc T, Orso A, Cobb J, Gutman D, Harrold MJ, Post A, Sharma A, Saltz J (2011). An informatics framework for testing data integrity and correctness of federated biomedical databases. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc, 2011, 22-6.
- Post A, Kurc T, Overcash M, Cantrell D, Morris T, Eckerson K, Tsui C, Willey T, Quyyumi A, Eapen D, Umpierrez G, Ziemer D, Saltz J (2011). A Temporal Abstraction-based Extract, Transform and Load Process for Creating Registry Databases for Research. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc, 2011, 46-50.
- Gardner J, Xiong L, Wang F, Post A, Saltz J, Grandison T (2010). An evaluation of feature sets and sampling techniques for de-identification of medical records. 183-90.
- Post AR, Harrison JH (2008). Concept similarity in publications precedes cross-disciplinary collaboration. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 606-10.
- Post AR, Harrison JH Jr (2008). Temporal data mining. [Review]. Clin Lab Med, 28(1), 83-100, vii.
- Post AR, Sovarel AN, Harrison JH Jr (2007). Abstraction-based temporal data retrieval for a Clinical Data Repository. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 603-7.
- Post AR, Harrison JH Jr (2007). PROTEMPA: a method for specifying and identifying temporal sequences in retrospective data for patient selection. J Am Med Inform Assoc, 14(5), 674-83.
- Post A, Harrison J Jr (2007). Data acquisition behaviors during inpatient results review: implications for problem-oriented data displays. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 644-8.
- Park BW, ORourke DM, Wang Q, Davis JG, Post A, Qian X, Greene MI (1999). Induction of the Tat-binding protein 1 gene accompanies the disabling of oncogenic erbB receptor tyrosine kinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 96(11), 6434-8.