Heather A. Nelson, DABCC, PhD
Languages spoken: English
Departments: Pathology - Assistant Professor (Clinical)
Divisions: Clinical Pathology
Academic Office Information
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry
University of Utah School of Medicine
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism
State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Cell and Developmental Biology
Biology and Chemistry
- Nelson HA, Frank EL (2022). Quantification of 5-Hydroxyindoleacetic Acid in Urine by Ultra-performance Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry. In Uttam Garg (Ed.), Clinical Applications of Mass Spectrometry in Biomolecular Analysis. Methods in Molecular Biology (2546, pp. 195-204). New York, NY: Humana.
- Kushnir MM, Nelson HA, Doyle K (2022). Clinical Utility and Analytical Aspects of Direct Measurements of Free Hormones Using Mass Spectrometry-Based Methods. [Review]. J Appl Lab Med.
- Nelson HA, Genzen JR, Delgado JC, Rudolf JW (2021). An Interference in an Automated HCO3- Assay Leads to an Unexpected IgG Monoclonal Gammopathy Diagnosis. J Appl Lab Med, 7(2), 622-625.
- Nelson HA, Laulu SL, Lu J, Doyle K (2022). Mitigation of Biotin Interference in Manual and Automated Immunoassays by Preconjugating Biotinylated Antibodies to the Streptavidin Surface as an Alternative to Biotin Depletion. J Appl Lab Med.
- Nelson HA, Joshi HR, Straseski JA (2021). Mistaken Identity: The Role of Autoantibodies in Endocrine Disease. [Review]. J Appl Lab Med, 7(1), 206-220.
- Nelson HA, Johnson LM (2021). Hereditary pancreatitis in a young adult: Acute to chronic. Clin Biochem, 98, 78-80.
- Nelson HA, Wood KE, McMillin GA, Krasowski MD (2021). Concordance of Umbilical Cord Drug Screening in Multiple Births: Experience from a Reference Laboratory and Academic Medical Center. J Anal Toxicol.
- Nelson HA, Doyle K, Laulu SL, Lu J (2021). Capture the Tag: Mitigation of Biotin Interference in ELISA and Automated Immunoassays by Pre-Conjugating Biotinylated Antibodies to the Streptavidin Surface. Presented at the Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists, (virtual) [Abstract]. 156(Suppl 1), S4-5.
- Walker JT, Haliyur R, Nelson HA, Ishahak M, Poffenberger G, Aramandla R, Reihsmann C, Luchsinger JR, Saunders DC, Wang P, Garcia-Ocaa A, Bottino R, Agarwal A, Powers AC, Brissova M (2020). Integrated human pseudoislet system and microfluidic platform demonstrate differences in GPCR signaling in islet cells. JCI Insight, 5(10).
- Schulman JJ, Szczesniak LM, Bunker EN, Nelson HA, Roe MW, Wagner LE 2nd, Yule DI, Wojcikiewicz RJH (2019). Bok regulates mitochondrial fusion and morphology. Cell Death Differ, 26(12), 2682-2694.
- Nelson HA, Leech CA, Kopp RF, Roe MW (2018). Interplay between ER Ca2+ Binding Proteins, STIM1 and STIM2, Is Required for Store-Operated Ca2+ Entry. Int J Mol Sci, 19(5).
- Nelson HA, Roe MW (2018). Molecular physiology and pathophysiology of stromal interaction molecules. [Review]. Exp Biol Med (Maywood), 243(5), 451-472.
- Leech CA, Kopp RF, Nelson HA, Nandi J, Roe MW (2016). Stromal Interaction Molecule 1 (STIM1) Regulates ATP-sensitive Potassium (KATP) and Store-operated Ca2+ Channels in MIN6 β-Cells. J Biol Chem, 292(6), 2266-2277.
- Leech CA, Nelson HA, Alafifi J, Kopp RF, Wright FA, Wojcikiewicz RJH, Roe MW (2015). Palmitate Reversibly Inhibits Inositol Trisphosphate-Mediated Ca2+ release and Induces Mitochondrial Fragmentation in Pancreatic Beta Cells. Poster presented at the American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting, Boston, MA [Abstract]. 64(Suppl 1), A600.