Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
University of Washington School of Public Health
||Senior Research Fellow|
Pennsylvania State University
Pennsylvania State University
California State University Long Beach
- Duggan C, Cushing-Haugen KL, Cole AM, Allen J, Gilles R, Hornecker JR, Gutierrez AI, Warner J, Baker KS, Ceballos RM, Chow EJ (2023). Feasibility of delivering survivorship care via lay health educators: A pilot randomized controlled trial among rural cancer survivors. J Rural Health.
- Boehmer U, Potter J, Clark MA, Winter M, Berklein F, Ceballos RM, Hartshorn K, Ozonoff A (2021). Follow-up surveillance among colorectal cancer survivors of different sexual orientations. J Cancer Surviv, 16(2), 445-454.
- Ceballos RM, Hohl SD, Molina Y, Hempstead B, Thompson-Dodd J, Weatherby S, Malen RC (2020). Oncology provider and African-American breast cancer survivor perceptions of the emotional experience of transitioning to survivorship. J Psychosoc Oncol, 39(1), 35-53.
- Torres VN, Williams EC, Ceballos RM, Donovan DM, Duran B, Ornelas IJ (2020). Participant engagement in a community based participatory research study to reduce alcohol use among Latino immigrant men. Health Educ Res, 35(6), 627-636.
- Miropolsky EM, Scott Baker K, Abbey-Lambertz M, Syrjala K, Chow EJ, Ceballos R, Mendoza JA (2020). Participant Perceptions on a Fitbit and Facebook Intervention for Young Adult Cancer Survivors: A Qualitative Study. J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol, 9(3), 410-417.
- Torres VN, Williams EC, Ceballos RM, Donovan DM, Ornelas IJ (2020). Participant Satisfaction and Acceptability of a Culturally Adapted Brief Intervention to Reduce Unhealthy Alcohol Use Among Latino Immigrant Men. Am J Mens Health, 14(3), 1557988320925652.
- Knerr S, Ceballos RM, Chan KCG, Beresford SAA, Bowen DJ (2017). Women's beliefs about what causes obesity: variation by race/ethnicity and acculturation in a Washington State sample. Ethn Health, 25(2), 243-254.
- Boehmer U, Potter J, Clark MA, Ozonoff A, Ceballos RM, Winter M, Hartshorn KL (2019). Neighborhood Characteristics and Colorectal Cancer Survivors' Quality of Care. Health Equity, 3(1), 619-627.
- Hohl SD, Ceballos R, Scott MA, Thompson B (2018). Developing a Culturally Informed Survey Instrument to Assess Biomedical Research Participation Among Latinos on the U.S.-Mexico Border. Qual Health Res, 29(3), 445-454.
- Molina Y, Hohl SD, Nguyen M, Hempstead BH, Weatherby SR, Dunbar C, Beresford SA, Ceballos RM (2016). Ethnic differences in social support after initial receipt of an abnormal mammogram. Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol, 22(4), 588-593.
- Molina Y, Scherman A, Constant TH, Hempstead B, Thompson-Dodd J, Richardson S, Weatherby SR, Reding KW, Ceballos RM (2016). Medical advocacy among African-American women diagnosed with breast cancer: from recipient to resource. Support Care Cancer, 24(7), 3077-84.
- McGregor BA, Murphy KM, Albano DL, Ceballos RM (2015). Stress, cortisol, and B lymphocytes: a novel approach to understanding academic stress and immune function. Stress, 19(2), 185-91.
- McGregor BA, Dolan ED, Murphy KM, Sannes TS, Highland KB, Albano DL, Ward AA, Charbonneau AM, Redman MW, Ceballos RM (2015). Cognitive Behavioral Stress Management for Healthy Women at Risk for Breast Cancer: a Novel Application of a Proven Intervention. Ann Behav Med, 49(6), 873-84.
- Sannes TS, Dolan E, Albano D, Ceballos RM, McGregor BA (2015). Stress management reduces intraindividual cortisol variability, while not impacting other measures of cortisol rhythm, in a group of women at risk for breast cancer. J Psychosom Res, 79(5), 412-9.
- Molina Y, Hempstead BH, Thompson-Dodd J, Weatherby SR, Dunbar C, Hohl SD, Malen RC, Ceballos RM (2014). Medical Advocacy and Supportive Environments for African-Americans Following Abnormal Mammograms. J Cancer Educ, 30(3), 447-52.
- Knerr S, Ceballos RM (2015). Giving samples or "getting checked": measuring conflation of observational biospecimen research and clinical care in Latino communities. BMC Med Ethics, 16, 49.
- Ceballos RM, Molina Y, Malen RC, Ibarra G, Escareo M, Marchello N (2015). Design, development, and feasibility of a spanish-language cancer survivor support group. Support Care Cancer, 23(7), 2145-55.
- Song S, Graham-Engeland JE, Corwin EJ, Ceballos RM, Taylor SE, Seeman T, Klein LC (2015). The role of multiple negative social relationships in inflammatory cytokine responses to a laboratory stressor. PeerJ, 3, e959.
- Molina Y, Thompson B, Ceballos RM (2015). Physician and Family Recommendations to Obtain a Mammogram and Mammography Intentions: The Moderating Effects of Perceived Seriousness and Risk of Breast Cancer. J Womens Health Care, 3(6).
- Ceballos RM, Knerr S, Scott MA, Hohl SD, Malen RC, Vilchis H, Thompson B (2014). Latino beliefs about biomedical research participation: a qualitative study on the U.S.-Mexico border. J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics, 9(4), 10-21.
- Cadmus-Bertram L, Littman AJ, Ulrich CM, Stovall R, Ceballos RM, McGregor BA, Wang CY, Ramaprasad J, McTiernan A (2013). Predictors of adherence to a 26-week viniyoga intervention among post-treatment breast cancer survivors. J Altern Complement Med, 19(9), 751-8.
- Sherman KJ, Wellman RD, Cook AJ, Cherkin DC, Ceballos RM (2013). Mediators of yoga and stretching for chronic low back pain. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med, 2013, 130818.
- Littman AJ, Bertram LC, Ceballos R, Ulrich CM, Ramaprasad J, McGregor B, McTiernan A (2011). Randomized controlled pilot trial of yoga in overweight and obese breast cancer survivors: effects on quality of life and anthropometric measures. Support Care Cancer, 20(2), 267-77.
- Barrington WE, Ceballos RM, Bishop SK, McGregor BA, Beresford SA (2012). Perceived stress, behavior, and body mass index among adults participating in a worksite obesity prevention program, Seattle, 2005-2007. Prev Chronic Dis, 9, E152.
- Beasley JM, Newcomb PA, Trentham-Dietz A, Hampton JM, Ceballos RM, Titus-Ernstoff L, Egan KM, Holmes MD (2010). Social networks and survival after breast cancer diagnosis. J Cancer Surviv, 4(4), 372-80.
- West SG, Krick AL, Klein LC, Zhao G, Wojtowicz TF, McGuiness M, Bagshaw DM, Wagner P, Ceballos RM, Holub BJ, Kris-Etherton PM (2011). Effects of diets high in walnuts and flax oil on hemodynamic responses to stress and vascular endothelial function. J Am Coll Nutr, 29(6), 595-603.
- Ceballos RM, Coronado GD, Thompson B (2010). Having a diagnosis of diabetes is not associated with general diabetes knowledge in rural Hispanics. J Rural Health, 26(4), 342-51.
- Miller SM, Bowen DJ, Lyle J, Clark M, Mohr D, Wardle J, Ceballos R, Emmons K, Gritz E, Marlow L (2008). Primary prevention, aging, and cancer: overview and future perspectives. Cancer, 113(12 Suppl), 3484-92.
- Ceballos RM, Newcomb PA, Beasley JM, Peterson S, Templeton A, Hunt JR (2008). Colorectal cancer cases and relatives of cases indicate similar willingness to receive and disclose genetic information. Genet Test, 12(3), 415-20.
- Cavigelli SA, Guhad FA, Ceballos RM, Whetzel CA, Nevalainen T, Lang CM, Klein LC (2006). Fecal corticoid metabolites in aged male and female rats after husbandry-related disturbances in the colony room. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci, 45(6), 17-21.
- Corwin EJ, McCoy CS, Whetzel CA, Ceballos RM, Klein LC (2005). Risk indicators of metabolic syndrome in young adults: a preliminary investigation on the influence of tobacco smoke exposure and gender. Heart Lung, 35(2), 119-29.
- Molina Y, Thompson B, Espinoza N, Ceballos R (2013). Breast cancer interventions serving US-based Latinas: current approaches and directions. [Review]. Womens Health (Lond), 9(4), 335-48; quiz 349-50.
- Molina Y, Ceballos RM, Dolan ED, Albano D, McGregor BA (2014). Perceived breast cancer risk and breast cancer worry among women with a family history of breast cancer: a new perspective on coping as a mediator. [Letter to the editor]. Psychooncology, 24(1), 113-6.