How to Apply
Join us from the PM&R Scholars Virtual Residency fair!
Time: 7:00pm - 7:30pm MST
Email us for registration link: Anna.Tingey@hsc.utah.edu
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency program at the University of Utah. Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and adhere to their guidelines.
Deadline: November 20, 2020
Categorical position program code: 1732340C0
To be eligible for a residency appointment, an applicant must demonstrate completion of the medical school program, which can be satisfied in one of the following ways:
- Graduate from an ACGME accredited school in the United States or Canadian medical school.
- Graduate from of a medical school outside of the United States who meets one or more of the following qualifications:
- Has a currently valid ECFMG certificate
- Has a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction, and is eligible for licensure in the State of Utah
- Is a graduate of a medical school outside the United States who has completed a Fifth pathway program provided by an ACGME-accredited medical school
The PGY I year curriculum must meet the criteria established by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
All selected candidates will be required to comply with the Health Sciences Center Drug Testing Policy. Candidates for this program are selected based on their ability, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities.
The University of Utah School of Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran’s status.
The program will require the following documentation for application:
- Completed ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) Application including the following:
- Common application form (CAF) (may be printed in CV format)
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Photo (optional)
- ECFMG status report (for IMGs only)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (minimum)
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript, step I & II
- Match number
Resident applicants wishing to transfer from another residency or internship program must include the following items (in addition to those listed above):
International medical graduates must also include the following, in addition to those items listed above:
- Copy of green card, Visa (J-1) or documentation of U.S. citizenship
- Valid ECFMG certificate with Clinical Skills Assessment certification
- Evidence of any previous training
University of Utah Office for Health Equity and Inclusion
The University of Utah Office for Health Equity and Inclusion offers a Residency Travel Stipend Program which provides travel support for 4th year medical students who identify as underrepresented in medicine and who have been offered a residency interview at the University of Utah. This program provides up to $1000 in reimbursement. For applicants applying to residency programs that cover lodging and food, up to $250 in travel cost will be reimbursed. Applications are accepted on a rotating basis. Please email email@example.com for additional information.