The Department of Orthopaedics is dedicated to relieving pain, improving function and restoring quality of life to the individuals who suffer from musculoskeletal injury or disease. We provide state-of-the-art clinical and surgical orthopaedic patient-centered care with continuous orthopaedic education and development of better treatments through research and innovation.
Our vision is to be a coordinated and supportive team of respected orthopaedic leaders focused on teaching, learning and exchanging innovative ideas to provide and improve value-driven, ethical, patient-centered care.
Department clinicians serve people from across the state and throughout the Intermountain West. We are Utah’s only comprehensive orthopaedic group providing compassionate, expert care for all orthopaedic conditions. The department specializes in all areas of orthopaedics including joint reconstruction, sports medicine, cartilage restoration, pediatric orthopaedics, spinal disorders, hand, foot and ankle, trauma, musculoskeletal oncology, shoulder and elbow, microvascular repair and major limb reconstruction.
News and Announcements
- Researchers Publish Article in Cancer Cell
- James Wylie, MD wins 2014 Basic Trainee Research Award
- Spin-off company Curza Global Featured in Annual TVC Report
- The Department of Orthopaedics Welcomes Dr. Michael B. Cohen as Director of Research
- Man Hung, PhD Awarded NIH Grant to Study Patient-Reported Outcome Measures
- Kent Bachus, PhD Receives VA Merit Award