The Department of Orthopaedics is engaged in investigating new frontiers of treatment for all aspects of orthopaedic conditions. Over the years orthopaedic specialists have advanced the care and treatment of orthopaedics through groundbreaking research and clinical best practices. By pursuing innovative research and through the education and training of generations of top orthopaedic surgeons, the Department of Orthopaedics is changing the way patients are being treated, now and in the future.
Affiliated with the University of Utah School of Medicine, one of the leading academic medical schools in the country, the Department of Orthopaedics is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of excellence in keeping with decades of distinction in the field of orthopaedics.
The University of Utah’s Department of Orthopaedics will become an international musculoskeletal research center by conducting high impact basic and clinical research that will improve the treatments of today and transform those of tomorrow.
- Foster and promote high impact scientific investigation.
- Approach science with the highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Encourage collaborative, interdisciplinary teamwork
- Develop and support new scientists.
- Foster open access to find answers to all good questions
- Seed novel investigations that will lead to new discoveries, transform the field, change clinical practice and improve patient care.