Role and Responsibilities
UUCME operates using a decentralized model. For details of expectations of both the department and UUCME, see UUCME Expectations.
As you move through the planning, execution, and evaluation of your activity, the CME Office will guide you through the CME process. We do not provide event planning or logistical assistance, but can help with CME or educational-oriented questions.
Topics to consider & complete prior to the activity
- Registration list
- Disclosure & mitigation of financial relationships
- Letters of agreement for commercial support
- Syllabus/course materials
Topics to consider & complete after to the activity
- Evaluation / commitment to change/ analysis of changes in learner performance or outcomes
- Providing learners with instructions to claim their credit
- Electronic copies of all web pages you might wish to keep
- Payment of any UUCME fees
- Complete UUCME's end of course review or annual series review
- Post-activity meeting to debrief your planning team and start to plan for the next step
Other tips and helpful advice
If you are coordinating an on-going series, please use this Coordinator Packet to assist you in your duties and keep up with our requirments.
If you plan to seek unrestricted educational grants from ineligible companies, you will need our help in completing the Commercial Support Letter of Agreement. We can discuss this with you anytime and during your planning meeting.
If you plan to have exhibitors at your activity, you are not required to complete a Letter of Agreement, but we strongly suggest you do have a written agreement between you and the company exhibiting. You can use our example (exhibitor written agreement). Remember - exhibitors must be outside of the learning space and no logos may be present. Please contact us to talk more about this, if you have questions.As you plan your activity, you might find the following videos helpful.