“These are the duties of a physician: First…to heal his mind and to give help to himself before giving it to anyone else.”
From the epitaph of an Athenian doctor, 2 AD
GME Wellness Office
- Services are not connected to your insurance benefit.
- Services are fully confidential and not recorded in EPIC.
- Rob Davies, GME Wellness Director, has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and has been providing services as a licensed psychologist for over a decade. Katie Stiel, GME Wellness Manager, has an LSCW and has been practicing for several years.
- Both are available for individual or couples work at no cost.
- Access appointments by contacting GME Wellness Coordinator, Amy Armstrong
- Sharee Bracken (GME Director) and Dr. Mark Harris (GME DIO) have an “open door” policy and are always ready and willing to help with resident concerns and problems. Contact Sharee at Sharee.Bracken@hsc.utah.edu or 801-213-2735. Contact Dr. Harris at Mark.Harris@hsc.utah.edu.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- EAP is fully confidential! EAP providers do not use EPIC for records.
- EAP provides services free of charge for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- EAP is specifically designed to quickly assess your needs and help you access resources.
- The office in Murray has evening hours until 8pm, and has Saturday hours to work with busy schedules.
- Some services, like marital counseling and treatment for adjustment disorder, are NOT covered through regular insurance but ARE covered for FREE by EAP.
- For more information, contact 1-800-926-9619
If for any reason you would prefer to use your insurance benefit with services outside of EAP, or have a specific in-network provider you want to see, please call Tina Halliday LCSW, Behavioral Science Manager, at 801-587-9321. Feel free to page her if urgent.
- Chaplains are trained clinicians who can provide comforting presence and non-judgmental listening.
- They can serve as a safe harbor for residents and fellows who are struggling with the moral, ethical and spiritual issues that can arise in health care.
- Chaplain Lorie Nielson email@example.com
- Chaplain Saundra Shanti firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaplain Afam Atu email@example.com
- Chaplain Virginia Memmott firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaplain Bonnie Glass-Coffin email@example.com
- Chaplain Andrea Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
(University of Utah Hospital Chaplains can be reached by phone at 801-21-FAITH or 801-213-2484)
Huntsman Cancer Hospital:
- Chaplain Gerson Annunciacao 801-587-4083 HCH-SpiritualCare@HCI.utah.edu
- Chaplain John Cooper 801-213-6174 HCH-SpiritualCare@HCI.utah.edu
Primary Children’s Hospital:
- Chaplain David Pascoe 801-662-3782 email@example.com
- Chaplain Jeff Fleming 801-662-3774 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaplain Vicki Pond 801-662-3782 email@example.com
- The HMHI Crisis Line (24/7) is 801-587-3000.
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- The HMHI Crisis Assessment Center (CAC) can be reached 24/7 at 801-587-3187. Adults or children can be evaluated for MH/SU issues by appointment or walk-in. However, the HMHI CAC is NOT an emergency service; go to the nearest Emergency Department for any life-threatening emergencies.
- The main HMHI number is 801-583-2500.
- If you are in crisis but it is not emergent, please contact the GME Wellness office to access services through GME.