Resident Mental Health Resources
“These are the duties of a physician: First…to heal his mind and to give help to himself before giving it to anyone else.”
From the epitaph of an Athenian doctor, 2 AD
GME Wellness Office
- Services are not connected to your insurance benefit.
- Services are fully confidential and not recorded in EPIC.
- Rob Davies, GME Wellness Director, has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and has been providing services as a licensed psychologist for over a decade. Katie Stiel, GME Wellness Clinical Coordinator, has an LSCW and has been practicing for several years.
- Both are available for individual or couples work at no cost.
- Sharee Bracken (GME Director and resident Ombudsperson) has an “open door” policy and is always ready and willing to help with resident concerns and problems. She can be reached at 801-581-2401.
- EAP is fully confidential! EAP providers do not use EPIC for records.
- EAP provides services free of charge for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- EAP is specifically designed to quickly assess your needs and help you access resources.
- The office in Murray has evening hours until 8pm, and has Saturday hours to work with busy schedules.
- Some services, like marital counseling and treatment for adjustment disorder, are NOT covered through regular insurance but ARE covered for FREE by EAP.
- For more information, contact 1-800-926-9619
If for any reason you would prefer to use your insurance benefit with services outside of EAP, or have a specific in-network provider you want to see, please call Tina Halliday LCSW, Behavioral Science Manager, at 801-587-9321. Feel free to page her if urgent.
- Chaplains are trained clinicians who can provide comforting presence and non-judgmental listening.
- They can serve as a safe harbor for residents and fellows who are struggling with the moral, ethical and spiritual issues that can arise in health care.
- Chaplain Lorie Nielson 801-587-0172 firstname.lastname@example.org
Huntsman Cancer Hospital:
- Chaplain Linda Brewer 801-587-4083 email@example.com
- Chaplain John Cooper 801-587-4083 firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Children’s Hospital:
- Chaplain David Pascoe 801-662-3782 email@example.com
- Chaplain Jeff Fleming 801-662-3774 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaplain Vicki Pond 801-662-3782 email@example.com
- The UNI Crisis Line (24/7) is 801-587-3000.
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- The UNI Crisis Assessment Center (CAC) can be reached 24/7 at 801-587-3187. Adults or children can be evaluated for MH/SU issues by appointment or walk-in. However, the UNI CAC is NOT an emergency service; go to the nearest Emergency Department for any life-threatening emergencies.
- The main UNI number is 801-583-2500.
- If you are in crisis but it is not emergent, please contact the GME Wellness office to access services through GME.