Applicants must have:
- a faculty appointment in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Utah
- a clinical doctorate or PhD degree or its equivalent
- completed any postgraduate training normally expected for a faculty appointment in their field (including clinical or postdoctoral fellowship training, or residency if they have chosen not to subspecialize),
- no more than six years of research or research training experience beyond their last doctoral degree.
1. Identify mentors with extensive research experience.
2. Be able to spend at least 9 person months of full-time professional effort conducting research and research career development activities.
3. Not be, or have been, a PD/PI on an R01 or subproject of a Program Project (P01), Center (P50, P60, P23, P30, U54) grant, independent mentored career development (K-series) grants, or other equivalent research grant awards, except for an R03 or R21 award.
4. Not already be in the process of applying for an independent mentored career development grant, P01 grant, or R01 grant.
5. Be a US citizen or noncitizen national, or must have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence and possess an Alien registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-155) or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent citizen; individuals on temporary or student visas would not be eligible;
6. Although the WRHR RFA allows a third-year fellow to be eligible for participation, we discourage this option, believing that it deprives candidates of a potentially valuable year of research training.
7. Scholars must commit to a minimum of 75% FTE for research and training during the award period.
8. Scholars are expected to create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) and provide annual updates.
For questions about the WRHR program, please contact