University of Utah Emergency Medicine Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The University of Utah Department of Emergency Medicine promotes a climate of respect and equity that cultivates transformative practices. We seek to forge spaces where people feel safe, valued, welcomed, and respected.
As an institution, we strive to promote diversity and inclusion among our students, residents, faculty, and staff to realize that diverse perspectives and life experiences strengthen our community. By creating a welcoming and supportive environment, encouraging academic excellence, we create opportunities for all to learn from one another by sharing our wealth of talents and histories.
We recognize the need for our providers and staff to reflect the increasingly diverse community we serve. We also recognize the positive impact a diverse collective of faculty, residents, staff, and alumni has on health equity and the valuable role our community can play in reducing health disparities for all populations.
Emergency Medicine Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Promoting diversity and inclusivity among our students, residents, faculty, and staff
- Sustain a welcoming environment for every member of the division
- Engage minorities at every level to promote a career in emergency medicine
- Educate Trainees and Faculty to topics related to diversity and inclusion
- Promote representation of our diverse division members
- Generate opportunities to learn from one another by sharing our wealth of talents and histories
Please reach out to the University of Utah Emergency Medicine Diversity and Inclusion Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
For more information about Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at the University of Utah