Where Cures for Brain Diseases Begin is an annual report produced by members of the Department of Neurology. Join us in celebrating the latest research, clinical trials, community outreach programs, and more.
Preview of Contents
Climbing to New Heights; Exploring New Horizons
Read about the Department of Neurology’s local and international outreach, education, and IDEAL programs.
- 6 Reaching High, Far, and Wide
- 10 Adult Neurology Residency
- 12 Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Leadership (IDEAL)
The Department of Neurology sees patients for dozens of neurological conditions. These articles highlight the treatment of specific conditions.
- 14 Moving Soon: Long-Term Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- 16 Stroke Care Across the Mountain West
Where Cures for Brain Diseases Begin
Since this department stands at the interface of clinical care and research, we are an important center for translational neuroscience.
- 20 Research As Art
- 22 Gained in Translation
- 26 Extinguishing a Brain on Fire
- 28 Peripheral Nerves: The Body’s Network
- 30 Department Scientists Uncover Drugs That Might Treat ALS
- 18 Fulbright: Neurology Down Under
- 32 High-Impact Publications
- 34 Federal Grants and Awards
- 36 Gifts Expanding the Future of Clinical Care
- 38 Endowing the Efforts of Researchers
- 38 Become a Patron of Science and Innovation
- 39 Our Donors: The Individuals Behind Our Success