- Widening The Lens Toolkit - Social Justice in Suicide Prevention (Specific resources start on page 26, but there's some other good stuff in here)
- Women's Week (March 8–12, 2021) is an annual, weeklong event focused on the issues and challenges faced by those who identify as female or women. Topics are relevant to today’s socioeconomic and political climate, intersectionality and cultural movements.
- Just Mercy (2019) available currently for free on all streaming platforms
- Girlhood (2004) rent on Amazon
- If Beale Street Could Talk (2018) on Hulu
- Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019) on Amazon Prime ... (personal favorite)
- Moonlight (2016) on Netflix
- Pariah (2011) rent on Amazon
- Atlantics (2019) on Netflix
- Do the Right Thing (1989) rent on Amazon
- Malcolm X (1992) on Netflix
- Fruitvale Station (2013) rent on Amazon
- 13th (2016) Documentary on Netflix
- Brene Brown - How to be an antiracist
- RUUTE (Rural Underserved Utah Training Experience)
- About RUUTE
- About the RUUTE team's podcast, M.ED: Medical Education for the Practicing Clinician (episodes count as CME credits!)
- Find M.ED podcast episodes here
- “Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion” presented by Dr. Jose Rodriguez, Oct. 28, 2020
“Towards An Inclusive and Equitable Academia” presented by Dr. Michelle Miranda, Dr. Lee S. Chung, and Mauricio Laguan, Nov. 11, 2020
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? And other conversations about race
- White rage: The unspoken truth of our racial divide
- The Danger of a Single Story
- How To Be an Anti-Racist
- White Fragility
- APA President May 29, 2020 Press Release
- APA Stress & Trauma Toolkit for treating African Americans in a changing political and social environment
- Becoming an adult in the face of racism; the transition from adolescence to adulthood
- Video on understanding the social determinants of health and toxic stress
- Video on the social determinants of toxic stress, specifically race and ethnic toxic stress
- Article on coping with anticipatory grief
- Article on coping with traumatic stress
- APA Best Practices on working with African American/Black patients
- APA Mental Health Facts for African Americans (2017)
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Page on Achieving Health Equity – Information about why health equity matters and what you can do to help give everyone a fair shot at being as healthy as they can be
- Be the Bridge: Community that offers anti-racism videos
- Perspective on how White and Non-Black people of Color Respond to Racial Incidents
- NEJM Perspective: Stolen Breaths - June 10, 2020
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Living Undocumented (available on Netflix)
- "How the Stress of Separation and Detention Changes the Lives of Children"
- Clinica de Migrantes (available on Hulu and HBO)
- Rain in a Dry Land
- Which way home (available on Amazon Prime)
- A 3 Minute Hug (available on Netflix)
- After the Raid documentary (available on Netflix)
- Forbidden: Undocumented & Queer in Rural America
For the LGBTQ+ Community
- Disclosure (available on Netflix)
- How to Survive a Plague, about the AIDS epidemic (available on YouTube)
- Born to Be (available on YouTube)
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Abusive Conduct and a Culture of Respect
- Acadmic Affairs
- Ethical Standards & Code of Conduct (and for employees)
- Center for Disability & Access
- Center for Ethnic Student Affairs (CESA)
- Center for Student Wellness (victim-survivor advocates, bystander intervention training)
- Dream Center
- Employee Assistance Program (for staff)
- Housing and Residential Education
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute
- Independent Review Committee (Complaints about public safety personnel may be reported to the Independent Review Committee at email@example.com)
- International Student & Scholar Services
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Office for Inclusive Excellence
- University Counseling Center (students only)
- Utah Warm Line
- Women's Resource Center
- Harvard Implicit Association Test:10 minute self-administered test for individuals to learn more about their implicit biases towards diverse groups
- Trevor Noah's Excellent Explanation of Protests: George Floyd and the Dominos of Racial Injustice
- Wellness focused perspectives on issues of race and collective wellbeing
African American Mental Health Resources
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective (BEAM)
Group aimed at removing the barriers that Black people experience getting access to or staying connected with emotional health care and healing. They do this through education, training, advocacy and the creative arts
- Black Men Heal
Limited and selective free mental health service opportunities for Black men
- Black Mental Health Alliance - (410) 338-2642
Provides information and resources and a “Find a Therapist” locator to connect with a culturally competent mental health professional.
- Black Mental Wellness
Provides access to evidence-based information and resources about mental health and behavioral health topics from a Black perspective, as well as training opportunities for students and professionals
- Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation
BLHF has launched the COVID-19 Free Virtual Therapy Support Campaign to raise money for mental health services provided by licensed clinicians in our network. Individuals with life-changing stressors and anxiety related to the coronavirus will have the cost for up to five (5) individual sessions defrayed on a first come, first serve basis until all funds are committed or exhausted.
- Brother You’re on My Mind
An initiative launched by Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and NIMHD to raise awareness of the mental health challenges associated with depression and stress that affect African American men and families. Website offers an online toolkit that provides Omega Psi Phi Fraternity chapters with the materials needed to educate fellow fraternity brothers and community members on depression and stress in African American men.
- Ebony's Mental Health Resources by State
List of Black-owned and focused mental health resources by state as compiled by Ebony magazine.
- Henry Health
Provides culturally sensitive self-care support and teletherapy for African American men and their families. Currently in pilot program available only to residents of MD, VA, and DC. Residents of other states can join their waiting list and will be notified when Henry Health is available in their state.
- Melanin and Mental Health
Connects individuals with culturally competent clinicians committed to serving the mental health needs of Black & Latinx/Hispanic communities. Promotes the growth and healing of diverse communities through its website, online directory and events.
- Ourselves Black
Provides information on promoting mental health and developing positive coping mechanisms through a podcast, online magazine and online discussion groups.
- POC Online Classroom
Contains readings on the importance of self care, mental health care, and healing for people of color and within activist movements.
- Sista Afya
Organization that provides mental wellness education, resource connection and community support for Black women.
- Therapy for Black Girls
Online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls. Offers listing of mental health professionals across the country who provide high quality, culturally competent services to Black women and girls, an informational podcast and an online support community.
- Unapologetically Us
Online community for African American women to seek support.