All eight Adult Neurology Residency positions include a preliminary year in internal medicine at the University of Utah. Members of the resident recruitment committee review all applications. Virtual interviews will begin in November and conclude in January, and interview days will be on Wednesdays and Fridays.
At the end of each interview day, the interviewers complete a standard evaluation form for each applicant that they interview. The results are then tallied and will then form the basis of our rank order list. Our selection committee maintains strict compliance with the rules of the match throughout the process.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our neurology residency program at the University of Utah. Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and adhere to their guidelines.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2021
Categorical position program code: 1732180C0
To be eligible for an interview, an applicant must demonstrate completion of a medical school program, which can be satisfied on one of the following ways:
- Graduate of a US or Canadian medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine with the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Graduate from a medical school outside of the United States that meets one or more of the following qualifications:
- has a current valid ECFMG certificate
- has a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States licensing jurisdiction and is eligible for licensure in the state of Utah
On occasion, other applicants may interview outside the match, often to fill a PGY2 position. The same selection policy applies to these applicants.
All selected candidates will be required to comply with the Health Sciences Center Drug Testing Policy. Candidates for this program are elected based on their ability, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities.
The University of Utah School of Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran’s status.
The program will require the following documentation for application:
- Completed ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) Application including the following:
- Common application form (may be printed in CV format)
- Dean’s letter
- Match number
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Photo (optional)
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript, step I & II
- ECFMG status report (for IMGs only)