Here at the office of Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at the University Of Utah School Of Medicine we strive to be an integral part of the community as well as a valuable resource for our students, staff, and faculty. Along with finding information on the various outreach programs provided to Elementary through High school students statewide; you will also find valuable resources both on and off campus for under graduate students, as well as medical students, residents, and fellows.
The mission of the OHEDI is to create an environment of inclusion and respect, actively recruit and fully foster the development of a physician workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
- To lead efforts for cultural awareness and embrace and welcome cultural differences in the School of Medicine and the Utah community
- To maintain educational continuum through medical school
- To support partnerships within the School of Medicine and the entire Utah community
- To create sustainable educational and health partnerships throughout the entire Utah community.
- To embrace all medical students' volunteer efforts to serve the Utah community