I am interested in improving the efficiency, scientific relevance, and robustness of randomized trial conclusions.
This has led or is leading to methodological work in:
- Matched Randomization methods to adjust for any number and type of covariates
- Using covariate-adjusted randomization with randomization-based inference
- Monitoring trials until ruling out essentially null or clinically relevant meaningful effects
- Assessing the impact of population-based assumptions (e.g., t-test) when sampling from a finite population
- Matched randomization methods for biomarker trial designs
I belong to the Randomization Working Group and am serving on the Guest Editorial team for a special issue on randomization in Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research.