Utah Caregiver Assistance for Researchers in Early Stages
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
We are inviting junior faculty in the School of Medicine whose research has been impacted by caregiving responsibilities exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic to apply for the Utah Caregiver Assistance for Researchers in Early Stages Program. Up to $50,000 will be awarded by U-CARES to hire additional personnel (e.g., research assistant, technician, biostatistician) in order to help move research forward. 18 awards will be given over two years. The second round of funding will take place in October 2022.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?SOM Faculty who have at least .5 FTE dedicated to research.
- Only Assistant Professors or 1st year Associate Professors are eligible.
- Must have current intra or extramural funding
- Must have demonstrated record of previous research success and strong research trajectory in conducting important clinical research with potential for societal impact.
- Have demonstrated a record of previous research success and a strong research trajectory
- Are conducting important clinical research with potential for societal impact
- Provide evidence of significant barriers to productive research related to COVID-19 and caregiving responsibilities
- Will provide a vision of how U-CARES funds will help address barriers encountered and propel their research forward
ADDITIONAL U-CARES ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
Awardees will receive a number of added benefits:
- Monthly dinners (costs paid by award)
- Grant writing workshops
- Graphic design assistance
- Career development retreat
- Presentation assistance
- Early career coaching
Online questionnaire in which applicants describe (in 350 words or less):
- Their research program, highlighting significant successes in terms of publications, grants, and/or scientific and societal contributions
- Their current research projects and research goals for the next three years
- Any barriers encountered in the last two years that detrimentally impacted their research
- Their vision of how U-CARES funds will help address barriers encountered and propel their research forward
Faculty will also submit a CV, biosketch, budget, and budget justification for expenses to be covered using U-CARES funds.
We know that many of the people that are eligible to apply for this award are already overwhelmed. We have worked to make the applicant process short and simple as possible. However, we want to help all those who need any help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Drs. Angie Fagerlin and Michael Rubin for any questions or if you need help with your application.
INFORMATION SESSION RECORDING
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
Complete a brief application for consideration: Apply Now
Funding and support provided by