Education & Time Off
- Tuesday afternoon resident conference.
- Thoracic Treatment Planning Conferences Tuesday mornings at Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Journal Club: Cardiac and Thoracic
- Mortality and Morbidity conference
- Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery CORE Curriculum Review (3 day program in September sponsored by Intermountain Medical Center)
- Joint conferences with Division of Cardiology throughout the year
- In-service Examinations annually
- General Surgery Board Examinations (optional)
- PGY 6 residents may attend a sponsored CT program development meeting such as the TSDA boot camp.
- PGY-7 residents will be funded for attending the annual meeting of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) or the American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS).
Vacation/Meeting Time Off
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- Meeting time provided on an individual basis in first year for TSDA Boot Camp or equivalent
- Meeting time provided to attend a major conference such as STS or AATS in second year
- Meeting time provided for research presentations at conferences