- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- International applicants must also include official TOEFL scores. The International Admissions Office requires at least iBT 80 or pBT 550 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
Application for admission to the MSTAT Program is made to the graduate school via SOPHAS and Slate (see Application page). Although the track and the MSTAT program can recommend admission, only the graduate school can formally admit a candidate.
Additional Biostatistics Track Admissions Criteria
Prerequisites for the biostatistics track include minimum requirements, plus the following:
All general MSTAT requirements, plus the following:
- One semester of undergraduate statistics (applied or theoretical, such as Math 3070-3080)
- Two (2) semesters of undergraduate calculus
- Evidence of Multivariate calculus (if applicants do not meet this criterion they may be admitted on probation, and required to complete this prerequisite within the first year of admittance)
- Knowledge of matrix algebra (such as Math 2270)
- Recommendation for applicants to have experience with programming language (e.g., C, C+++) or statistical software (e.g., SAS, R, Matlab, Stat, Python).