Fellowship in Skull Base Surgery
The skull base fellow is appointed for one to two years. The fellow will participate in the clinical diagnosis, pre-operative assessment, intraoperative participation, and postoperative management of patients with skull base lesions including complex tumors at the base of the skull, complex aneurysms located at the cranial base, and head and neck cancer (along with the ENT Division of the Department of Surgery).
William Couldwell, MD, PhD
Currently Accepting Applications: Our Skull Base fellowship position has been filled until 2025-2026, however we will continue accepting applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis.
Application Process: Contact the Academic Program Manager, Amy Ekins, C-TAGME (email@example.com), between 1-3 years in advance, with your CV and completed Skull Base Surgery Fellowship Application.
- Salary/Benefits: Please see the UUH GME website for details
- Accreditation: CAST approved
- Program Length: 1-2 years
- Location/Campus: University of Utah Hospital, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Start of Program: July 1
- Number of Fellows per Year: 1-2
Clinical Lectures & Didactics
The fellow will be involved with teaching of residents at all levels and he/she will participate in the skull base conference where cases are presented for discussion and management with ENT and neuroradiology. The fellow is also expected to be involved in a retrospective analysis and also a prospective study in the various disease processes that involve the cranial base.
Amy Ekins, C-TAGME Academic Program Manager Phone: 801-585-2453 Fax: 801-581-4385 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Department of Neurosurgery University of Utah Health Care 175 N. Medical Drive East, 5th Floor Salt Lake City, UT 84132
PAST SKULL BASE SURGERY FELLOWS:
- 2021-2022 Robert Rennert, MD
- 2020-2021 Vance Fredrickson, MD
- 2020-2021 Todd Hollon, MD
- 2019-2020 Serge Makarenko, MD
- 2018-2019 Michael Cohen, MD
- 2017-2018 Yair Gozal, MD, PhD
- 2016-2018 Gmaan Alzhrani, MD
- 2015-2016 Amol Raheja, M.B.B.S
- 2014-2015 Jayson Neil, MD
- 2013-2014 Aaron Cutler, MD
- 2012-2013 Martin Côté, MD
- 2011-2012 Roukoz Chamoun, MD
- 2010-2011 Tamer Altay, MD
- 2009-2010 Philipp Taussky, MD
- 2008-2009 Michael Walsh, MD
- 2007-2008 Jerone Coppens, MD
- 2006-2007 Mark J. Hornyak, MD