PHS Department information and resources are available via our Pulse Team Site. Pulse is U of U Health's Intranet that can only be accessed by current PHS employees. If you are unable to access the site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Population Health Sciences
- Learn about the department via the website
- Review bios for faculty, adjunct, postdoctoral scholars, students, and staff
- Join the PHS Microsoft Teams Channel (Contact email@example.com for issues)
- Join the Department Postdoc listserv - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our commitment to equity, diversion, and inclusion and consider joining the committee!
- University of Utah Postdoctoral Association (UPDA)
- Huntsman Cancer Institute: Huntsman Alliance for Postdocs (HAP)
- Email Listserv: contact Candice.Wike@hci.utah.edu to be added to the HCI postdoc listserv email@example.com
- View the PHS site with Helpful Resources
- Includes diversity, affinity groups, wellness resources, etc.
- View the Resource Guide from Graduate School Diversity Office
- Additional EDI resources available at bottom of our EDI page
- Travel Awards
- Pilot Grants
- There are pilot grant opportunities at the University of Utah, but typically, faculty are only eligible. We recommend that you review opportunities for eligibility and consider co-submitting with mentor in situations where the faculty requirement exists.
- Review opportunities offered through your professional societies.
- T32 Training Grant Opportunities
- Sign up to receive information on funding opportunities (national and local RFAs) as well as training opportunities (grant writing, going on the job market, transition from trainee to faculty.
- F32/K99/K01 Grants
- Citizenship (K99/R00 does not have citizenship requirement)
- Diversity Supplements: talk to mentor, will depend on specific funding mechanism
- If you get a NRSA F32 fellowship, please reach out to Rebecca Delaney for additional information on how this may change how your salary, benefits, and taxes need to be processed. NIH Grants policy statement.
- NIH Loan Repayment Program
- Contact Rebecca Delaney if you're interested in applying (can provide tips/advice)
- Course: Grant Writing (MDCRC 645)
- Postdoctoral Scholars: Can be taken as non-credit based through Continuing Education (search for "grant writing")
- Students: Review the course catalog for when it is offered and when to register
- Vice President's Clinical and Translational (VPCAT) Research Scholars Program
- Vice President for Research Resources
- Research Education Classes
- National Center for Faculty Development
Population Health Sciences
- Seminars- contact Amelia Hopkins to present or for more info
- Health Sciences Innovation and Research (work in progress)
- Population Health Sciences (completed work)
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Path Maker
- Native American Summer Research Internship (NARI)
- Genomics Summer Research for Minorities (GSRM) Internship
- *Note: Postdoctoral scholars could serve as co-mentor/secondary mentor with their faculty PI
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- If you make $60,000 or less you are eligible to file taxes for free. See the University free self-filing site for information.
- There are also free tax clinics offered through the U during tax season!
- *If you are on a T32 grant, you will need to make quarterly federal tax payments and pay your state taxes (annually) since these will no longer be automatically taken out of your paycheck. Reach out to Rebecca Delaney for any questions/help with this.