- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The FAFSA will require 2021 tax information. It will be helpful to have the applicant's and/or spouse's US Income Tax Form on hand as a reference.
- Review Student Aid Report from the Federal Processor and submit any changes/corrections as soon as possible.
- Complete the Supplemental Application for Institutional Scholarships and Loans by March 15th. This application will be available in November 2022.
- Check to see if your file has been selected for Verification by accessing the Campus Information System (this will usually take place around the first week of March).
- Once your financial aid status is complete, view and complete your Financial Aid Offer (Award Letter).
- Request a Dependent Care Appeal Form if you want to increase your cost of attendance to cover any additional child day care expenses, from the Financial Aid Office on main campus. You must submit this request to the Program Manager for Professional Schools.
- Complete the Online Student Loan Entrance Counseling through Student Aid website (for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS Loans).
- Complete a Master Promissory Note for, Federal Direct subsidized and/or unsubsidized loans and Graduate PLUS loan online at the Student Aid website.
- Maintain a copy of all documents for your personal file.
Contact the following with any questions:
|Wendy Clark, Financial Aid Administrator
University of Utah Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine, Student Affairs
27 S. Mario Capecchi
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
|Shana Yem, Program Manager Professional Schools
University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
University of Utah
201 S. 1460 E., Rm. 105
Salt Lake City, UT 84112