- Admitted as a medical resident in good standing in one of the participating residency programs
- By the time of the appointment to the program, be a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence
- Evidence of prior research experience, progress
- Able to devote a minimum of 12 months to intensive research training during residency training
Students who are in the process of applying to the University of Utah participating in residency programs
- Recommendation by the medical school research mentor
- Interview with Program Directors
Current University of Utah Medical Residents
- Recommendation by the residency program director
- Interview with the Program Directors
- Curriculum Vitae
- Each year, the application deadline for the incoming class is February 28. However, we request that you complete the Utah StARR application prior to your interview with the Admissions Committee of the University of Utah participating residency program.
- For current University of Utah Medical Residents, the application deadline is January 15.